I'm libertarian, but you may not believe it.

Does the extremely low tax claim include the 15% property tax?

And are trying to assert that Hong Kong doesn't have a strong central government.

NOW under the Chicoms? Or B4 the ChiComs annexed it? Like Taiwan, Hong Kong is a major acquisition for them BECAUSE it's a financial and economic powerhouse.
A libertarian society?

Can you point to one that doesn't look like Somalia?

Many countries start OUT fairly free economically and socially, but allow their GOVERNMENTS to overstep their bounds.

Do you think OUR GOVT is currently staying WITHIN it's Constitutional bounds? Any conservative or lame GOP member just BITCHES about massive govt expansion of powers.

Libertarians aren't a "GOVERNING PHILOSOPHY" because NO NATION in the world after 100 hundred years of existence CAN CONTROL their govts. The Dems and Reps cant' even manage a budget properly every year. Cant speak independently of the party leadership

(see the massive attn that Manchin gets when he doesn't have a PARTY to support and LOOK smarter and more common sense than the other 534 mental midgets that parrot the party line. )

Don't think ANYONE wants to run for office and PROMISE to clear up ALL the problems that voting for inept corrupt and dysfunctional politics create.

We're here to REMIND people what the ORIGINAL GOAL of "KEEPING the swamp drained WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. And how incrementally, we had better TRY to turn this bus around by DESTROYING the players in our archaic 2 party system that are INFESTING the model of govt that we started out with.

Sometimes it better that the messaging COMES FROM dedicated people on the OUTSIDE of "the system" that have NO INTEREST in BEING "part of the problems".

Last edited:
Libertarians. Freedom should be an easy sale in the United States, but somehow we can't sell ice water on the equator.

I wonder how he would have done as a non-twoparties candidate, as Ross Perot and Teddy Roosevelt tried. His campaign seemed to consist of exciting as many populist voters to vote instead of staying home, while appealing to the Republican base. He got an incredible number of popular votes both elections via that method, only losing when Biden got an even more incredible number of votes.

More votes than Obama got.

Really, really incredible . . .

Independents have a much easier time splitting thru the 2 party vote for House/Senate than for Pres. Largely because of the electoral college, but also because they can fill the INCREASING WIDE field of ideas as the 2 "brand name parties" go to the far wings.

Trump "populist" appeal was based on problem solving abilities and the ability to SHAKE UP the swamp. You cannot do either EITHER of those with politicians that have BECOME swamp dwellers.

He might not have WON as an independent because he would have FRACTURED the vote more completely than Perot - to the point that NONE of the 3 got a required Ecollege vote . But the E-college OVERRIDE is in the HOUSE and you just KNOW -- they would never have picked him, but the #2 finisher.

HOWEVER, with just 4 or 8 TRUE independents in the CONGRESS -- THEY would be the controlling votes on EVERY BILL.

Reading books on a subject is now considered by your ilk "checking credentials"? LOL ok whatever you say. I guess for you it's out of the ordinary to be around actual educated people that have read books. Anti-intellectuals like yourself evidently think you were born with some innate knowledge that you were born with. For you, books are for "the elites" and scary things you dont want to have to deal with.

In the real world, from what you described, you are in no way in any way knowledgeable about the Constitution. Like I said, simply reading the Constitution, while a start, in no way makes you knowledgeable about the subject. But I'll never get that through your thick skull. You're just another crackpot libertarian, as I suspected.
Funny that your focus on book knowledge. A few years ago it was my goal to read 300 books (non-fiction) a year, after learning many have done so when committed to the task. I failed mostly because I need 9 hours of sleep each night. If only I could get by on 4 hours of sleep like a good friend of mine that would be 35 hours more of reading time weekly.

You need better slam material. Generic phrases such as “crackpot libertarians they’re all the same” is about as ignorant as saying that I ever stated that my only knowledge about the constitution has come from reading the constitution, which I never stated, you did no surprise. I’m uninterested in playing your word game and wasting any more board space. Move on to someone else who doesn’t know you as a poster. Oh wait! There is your sidekick Otto! Lol

Independents have a much easier time splitting thru the 2 party vote for House/Senate than for Pres. Largely because of the electoral college, but also because they can fill the INCREASING WIDE field of ideas as the 2 "brand name parties" go to the far wings.

Trump "populist" appeal was based on problem solving abilities and the ability to SHAKE UP the swamp. You cannot do either EITHER of those with politicians that have BECOME swamp dwellers.

He might not have WON as an independent because he would have FRACTURED the vote more completely than Perot - to the point that NONE of the 3 got a required Ecollege vote . But the E-college OVERRIDE is in the HOUSE and you just KNOW -- they would never have picked him, but the #2 finisher.

HOWEVER, with just 4 or 8 TRUE independents in the CONGRESS -- THEY would be the controlling votes on EVERY BILL.
Beyond that, Trump represented national sovereignty vs the dissolution thereof.

People talk too much of left and right, and not enough about authoritarian vs libertarian and globalist vs nation-state.

The most dangerous forces at work in our country are rhe globalist authoritarians.

Funny that your focus on book knowledge. A few years ago it was my goal to read 300 books (non-fiction) a year, after learning many have done so when committed to the task. I failed mostly because I need 9 hours of sleep each night. If only I could get by on 4 hours of sleep like a good friend of mine that would be 35 hours more of reading time weekly.

You need better slam material. Generic phrases such as “crackpot libertarians they’re all the same” is about as ignorant as saying that I ever stated that my only knowledge about the constitution has come from reading the constitution, which I never stated, you did no surprise. I’m uninterested in playing your word game and wasting any more board space. Move on to someone else who doesn’t know you as a poster. Oh wait! There is your sidekick Otto! Lol
Your uninterested because you lack the information, not because you simply don’t want to waste space.

Then he filled the swamp to overflowing with more putrid swamp slime that it had ever held before.

The lesson seems to be that populism is a cover for corruption and authoritarianism.

(Also see: Paul, Rand)

I'll put you down as "swamp dwellers only" on the application to run for Prez. You're WINNING SO WELL with the alterative "problem solvers" that your dying party supplies as choices.

Platforms are not just left vs right. And only Independents can take roads and paths that are UNAVAILBLE to the "brand name parties". And they'll SOUND smarter and more innovative than any 2 party candidate trying to LIE about what they believe and where they stand while running for office.

Platforms are not just left vs right. And only Independents can take roads and paths that are UNAVAILBLE to the "brand name parties". And they'll SOUND smarter and more innovative than any 2 party candidate trying to LIE about what they believe and where they stand while running for office.
You seem to be agreeing with me.

Trump didn't drain the swamp. He just talked about draining the swamp. Libertarians and populists don't get results. They just talk about getting results.

You seem to be agreeing with me.

Trump didn't drain the swamp. He just talked about draining the swamp. Libertarians and populists don't get results. They just talk about getting results.
You speak as if politics and political parties are stagnant, and that’s not at all the case. Over the course of one’s lifetime, cultural evolution reflects political divisions and shifting. Over time, this shifting results in regrouping political subsets that would have been oppositional if attempted during another period of time. Alliances will soon be shifting faster now to defeat the incompetent.

Forum List

Back