I'm going to toss out my book series and start over with only straight white characters...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...so as to avoid the P.C. Police which demand I get their approval to write my story with LGBT and minority characters.

Oh, blackrook. The best laid plans of men and of angels.

Best wishes on your teaching lessons through books. May they serve to improve mankind. :)

I have read all my books, it took me many hours, and I actually like them.

The LGBT part isn't a side show to add diversity or meet a quota. It's part of the main story.

...so as to avoid the P.C. Police which demand I get their approval to write my story with LGBT and minority characters.

Do the PC police sit and watch over your shoulder while you write?

I am just trying to figure out exactly why you need anyone's approval to write whatever you feel like writing.

The idea of the boy "E" not knowing his gender is not credible anyways.

Best fiction stories are the ones which start with a true event, with something credible, and from it to develop a whole new scenario different than reality, so readers can fall in the trick.

Most famous fiction stories can start with anything, but famous is not synonymous of best.

However, you don't have to ask any permission to nobody in order to write a fiction story. The LGBT can't obtain such a power over your writings, unless you are using a real boy who fits with the character of your novel and he or his parents are making complaints about it.

Forum List

Back