I'm from the South and love them

I don't like grits- born and raised in Texas- no matter how much you try to flavor them to not be bland mush you get more bland mush
I believe it. To me, if other things have to be added to grits in order for them to have any flavor, what is the real point in them?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Originally it was to stretch meager amounts of food for families.

Theres plenty of stuff out there thats bland without seasoning.
Tofu,hamburger,rice to name a few.
Your point? This thread is about grits- correct? They are bland and no matter what you do to enhance them all you get is more of them- I've never had tofu so I can't speak to that- I don't eat a lot of rice either, usually Spanish Rice with my Mexican supper- and hamburger is a staple-

I suspect grits came about in leaner years when there was not much of anything else to eat and, they give more, as in get more of them no matter what you do- maybe to ward off hunger longer- they're just ground up corn/maze-

I've read some people used parched corn for coffee when they didn't have coffee beans-

Your point? This thread is about grits- correct? They are bland and no matter what you do to enhance them all you get is more of them- I've never had tofu so I can't speak to that- I don't eat a lot of rice either, usually Spanish Rice with my Mexican supper- and hamburger is a staple-

I suspect grits came about in leaner years when there was not much of anything else to eat and, they give more, as in get more of them no matter what you do- maybe to ward off hunger longer- they're just ground up corn/maze-

I've read some people used parched corn for coffee when they didn't have coffee beans-

I was obviosly replying to JOSweethearts comment.
Maybe you missed it somehow.
I like grits myself.

I've had Gen. Tso's tofu which was...not offensive. But it is generally on a buffet not from from Gen. Tso's Chicken, which is almost always better.

Forum List

Back