I'm drinking this 50 year old Jim Beam I found at a garage sale...

JGalt

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2011
Will I die?

I mean, the bottles were all still sealed and they were only $2 apiece. How could I pass that up? They are also glass bottle, not glazed ceramic. Ceramic bottles sometimes have lead in the glazing, which can leach into the contents.

beam1.jpg

beam2.jpg

beam3.jpg

beam4.jpg

beam5.jpg

beam6.jpg

beam7.jpg

Think I'll try the 50th Anniversary 1919-1969 first...

Smooth..... :biggrin:

beam8.jpg

There is group on facebook that pays pretty good money for these aged whiskeys.

There is group on facebook that pays pretty good money for these aged whiskeys.

There was a time when you could get away with selling those on Ebay. But now they only allow the empty decanters. Plus you can't ship containers of liquor through the USPS, only Fedex or UPS.

Howzittaste?

Smooth and I'm gettin' a good buzz. :biggrin:

The wife was on her way out the door to a church function she is helping with. I told her that she should stay home and we could drink some of this and get snaky drunk and naked on the floor.

But she told me that I'd "probably just pass out", so guess it ain't gonna happen.
:booze:

Last edited:
Will I die?

I mean, the bottles were all still sealed and they were only $2 apiece. How could I pass that up? They are also glass bottle, not glazed ceramic. Ceramic bottles sometimes have lead in the glazing, which can leach into the contents.

beam1.jpg

beam2.jpg

beam3.jpg

beam4.jpg

beam5.jpg

beam6.jpg

beam7.jpg

beam8.jpg

Alcohol at the whiskey level proof will not allow any bad things to grow in it. It automatically kills anything in it. Matter of fact, at one time everyone was drinking beer in Europe (even the kids) because beer was safer than water due to the alcohol in it.

As far as the rest? 2 bucks a bottle? Man, you stole that stuff. Especially when you consider that it had already been aged a bit at the time of bottling, and the stuff you got is even more aged. I envy you.

Enjoy in good health!

It should be fine...if never opened I would take a drink....I bet its well aged...

Will I die?

beam1.jpg

beam2.jpg

beam3.jpg

beam4.jpg

beam5.jpg

beam6.jpg

beam7.jpg

beam8.jpg

You may not die but you may go to heaven after drinking some.

It should be fine...if never opened I would take a drink....I bet its well aged...

You know, if you think about it, it's really not that much different than buying some bottles of whiskey to celebrate an event that will come several years or decades in the future, like buying 2 bottles of really expensive whiskey to celebrate with when you finally open your own business, or celebrate an anniversary of some kind.

The only difference is, someone else held onto the bottles for you, and charged you 2 bucks each for storage fees.

Whiskey doesn't age in the bottle like wine does. It's fine to drink though.

Forum List

Back