i'm done apologizing for being white

No one wants you to apologize for being white. I am white. I acknowledge that fact that I have been a beneficiary of while privilege. I acknowledge historic and systemic racism perpetrated by whites. But I do not apologize for any of that. I do however recognize my responsibility to do what I can to change that by being aware of racism and calling it out what I see it. For that reason, I am calling you out on your shameless hate-your racism. You have a sickness that probably can't be cured

You are lying.

Well, how about this: It is racist for me to assume ANYTHING about an African American just because he is "black," but it is obligatory for that individual to presume that I have led a privileged life - just because I'm "white." How does that work, exactly?

Here's my solution: In every transaction, action, assessment, evaluation, or human decision imaginable, PROHIBIT any mention or revelation of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference or presentation...ANY OF IT!

This would include:
  • Employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, demotion, and firing,
  • Acceptance by schools,
  • Grades in schools (anonymous grading would be required),
  • Merits and awards (e.g., valedictorian),
  • Etc.

Let the cards fall where they may. Further, it will be illegal for any organization to accumulate any significant element by those very same demographic traits. So it would be ILLEGAL for the City of Chicago to accumulate or publish its percentage of, say, Blacks, females, or homosexuals who were arrested last year.

And if you OPPOSE that, the burden will be on YOU to explain why it is better to introduce those demographic elements into the discussion, and exactly what the benefits are, and to w

Well, how about this: It is racist for me to assume ANYTHING about an African American just because he is "black," but it is obligatory for that individual to presume that I have led a privileged life - just because I'm "white." How does that work, exactly?

Here's my solution: In every transaction, action, assessment, evaluation, or human decision imaginable, PROHIBIT any mention or revelation of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference or presentation...ANY OF IT!

This would include:
  • Employment decisions, including hiring, promotion, demotion, and firing,
  • Acceptance by schools,
  • Grades in schools (anonymous grading would be required),
  • Merits and awards (e.g., valedictorian),
  • Etc.

Let the cards fall where they may. Further, it will be illegal for any organization to accumulate any significant element by those very same demographic traits. So it would be ILLEGAL for the City of Chicago to accumulate or publish its percentage of, say, Blacks, females, or homosexuals who were arrested last year.

And if you OPPOSE that, the burden will be on YOU to explain why it is better to introduce those demographic elements into the discussion, and exactly what the benefits are, and to whom.
This is the most logical post i have read on this forum in ten plus years.

Really? What people? And save the shit about CRT. It is not about apologizing for beind white

It is about holding modern white people responsible for all the past sins of white people, real and imagined.

Your denial is just part of your support for anti-white racism.

You should apologize
You make the rest of us look bad

The rest of us don’t want your racist ass
Why should anyone apologize for their skin color?

It seem you believe anyone that does not follow the DSA way of thinking should apologize and be labeled a racist in life while not understanding you are considered racist just for being White…

Why should anyone apologize for their skin color?

It seem you believe anyone that does not follow the DSA way of thinking should apologize and be labeled a racist in life while not understanding you are considered racist just for being White…
All whites are not created equal

horselighting is one of them

There is a very limited sense in which “all [people] are created equal” is true. Otherwise, and overall, it is largely a self-refuting sentence.

It is true in the limited sense that we are “equally” endowed with certain human rights.

It certainly isn’t true and was never meant to suggest that people are born with equal IQ’s.

It is about holding modern white people responsible for all the past sins of white people, real and imagined.

Your denial is just part of your support for anti-white racism.
The fact is that a lot of so called " modern people" are in fact responsible for perpetuating the past sins of white people. It's called systemic/institutional racism. How about voter supression? Don't try to tell me that is not racially motivated

But there there is more to it than that. While many white people are not racists , that in itself is not enough. It is necessary to be activily anti racist. That means a few things: 1) being aware of your own casual, unintended bias 2) speaking out against bias when you see it 3) teaching the real and honest history of racism in America, from 1619, to the real cause of the civil war, to the significance of Juneteenth and finally the horrors of Jim Crow and sundown laws.

Yes people do need to be held accountable . You need to be accountable. The intention is not to shame or demean while people,
It is to help us heal and to make us all better as a society

The fact is that a lot of so called " modern people" are in fact responsible for perpetuating the past sins of white people. It's called systemic/institutional racism. How about voter supression? Don't try to tell me that is not racially motivated

But there there is more to it than that. While many white people are not racists , that in itself is not enough. It is necessary to be activily anti racist. That means a few things: 1) being aware of your own casual, unintended bias 2) speaking out against bias when you see it 3) teaching the real and honest history of racism in America, from 1619, to the real cause of the civil war, to the significance of Juneteenth and finally the horrors of Jim Crow and sundown laws.

Yes people do need to be held accountable . You need to be accountable. The intention is not to shame or demean while people,
It is to help us heal and to make us all better as a society

A lot to unpack there.

I will focus on, to me, the most important part.

The bit where you require from white people, that they actively speak out in favor of your views, and teach your views to people.

That is the true oppressive nature of you people revealed. You openly deny that people have hte right to be left alone, that they HAVE to actively support YOUR agenda, or they are are bad, wacist people and face....something.... vague and unstated.

At best, cancellation, as we have seen. At worst? Who knows. Mob violence? More and more common of an answer. Imprisonment? Seen more and more openly too.

A lot to unpack there.

I will focus on, to me, the most important part.

The bit where you require from white people, that they actively speak out in favor of your views, and teach your views to people.

That is the true oppressive nature of you people revealed. You openly deny that people have hte right to be left alone, that they HAVE to actively support YOUR agenda, or they are are bad, wacist people and face....something.... vague and unstated.

At best, cancellation, as we have seen. At worst? Who knows. Mob violence? More and more common of an answer. Imprisonment? Seen more and more openly too.
Most of that is incoherent and poorly written, but I get that you think being asked to speak out against racism is oppressive. To damned bad. That is nothing compared to the opression that black people have experienced .

You have the right to be left alone, but as with all rights, there are accompaning obligations. In this case, you and I , have the obligation to ensure that others are "left alone" and not be subjected to racism. Deal with it.

Most of that is incoherent and poorly written, but I get that you think being asked to speak out against racism is oppressive. To damned bad. That is nothing compared to the opression that black people have experienced .

You have the right to be left alone, but as with all rights, there are accompaning obligations. In this case, you and I , have the obligation to ensure that others are "left alone" and not be subjected to racism. Deal with it.

That is not freedom. That is the opposite of freedom. That is indeed, slavery. .You are denying people the right to disagree with you, AND/OR to not actively support and work for your political agenda.

You lefties are getting more and more open about how fucking evil and blood thirsty you are.

Tell me Prog. What do you imagine as a punishment for someone who disagrees with you and refuses to work towards YOUR political goals?

All Whites are created equally stupid just like all humans and even though you believe some should apologize for their manner and way of thinking, well I disagree…
Not true

horselighting is subhuman

That is not freedom. That is the opposite of freedom. That is indeed, slavery. .You are denying people the right to disagree with you, AND/OR to not actively support and work for your political agenda.

You lefties are getting more and more open about how fucking evil and blood thirsty you are.

Tell me Prog. What do you imagine as a punishment for someone who disagrees with you and refuses to work towards YOUR political goals?
Slavery??! Over the top idiotic bullshit! In a civilized society, obligations go hand in hand with freedoms and rights. Clearly you do not want to be part of civil socirty.

Instead of dancing around the issue with bizarre rhetoric about slavery, why don't you just admit that you are ok with hate and bigotry.

And no, I will no advocate for any punishment for you and your ilk. Just being you is punisment enough

Slavery??! Over the top idiotic bullshit! In a civilized society, obligations go hand in hand with freedoms and rights. Clearly you do not want to be part of civil socirty.

Instead of dancing around the issue with bizarre rhetoric about slavery, why don't you just admit that you are ok with hate and bigotry.

And no, I will no advocate for any punishment for you and your ilk. Just being you is punisment enough

I disagree with you on the situation. Many people do.

YOUR position is that they are OBLIGATED to AGREE WITH YOU AND TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT YOUR POLICIES.

That is them being denied the freedom to think, and the freedom to be left alone, and the freedom to NOT do the shit you want them to do.

And your talk of "no punishment" is clearly bs. At teh very least, one is "Cancelled", and that is just now. Clearly in time, as demographics solidify your hold, you will only get more and more oppressive and controlling.

Who should apologize for whatever race they were born into?

That’s right! Nobody.

In a related story, I don’t owe anybody an apology for any shit that may have happened to them for which I have no responsibility. This includes things done to their ancestors by anybody back in the olden days. I wasn’t there and I’m not at all (even slightly) responsible for the “sins of the fathers.” Hell. Even my ancestors weren’t responsible. They weren’t here, either.

Forum List

Back