I'm Confused about this Baby Formula Situation

joel said:
he mess was caused by Abbot not practicing Good Manufacturing, and being greedy.

Full Stop.

If anything, the biggest problem we have is that the FDA and USDA doesn't have enough inspectors.

that's a full stop lie. They self reported themselves. Industries ARE NEVER put through what abbot has been put through and for this long. This is a money maker and a boost up for Gates. Wonder how much $$ he's put in the hands of the biden crime family.

THis biden regime is the most corrupt and intentionally incompetent lying administration that we have EVER had. Even obama. At least Carter in his idiocy loved this country. NOT this bunch. Y'all need to wake up. wokesters.

House passes bill to address formula shortage...gives fda 28m million for screwing up if they promise not to do it again. (you know they will...just in another area to hurt americans)

What next....Restricting americans in the seeds and fertilizer they can buy for home gardens. oh...wait.

Last edited:
Baby formula is important to babies and their mothers.

The Biden administration received whistle-blowing reports of supposed contamination of baby food in October. They waited until February to shut down the reported contaminated plant. No formula-related deaths of babies between the whistle-blowing and the shutdowns have been reported.

During that time, they did nothing about replacing the baby formula produced in the plant, which provided about forty percent of baby formula needed by babies and their mothers.

Baby formula is important.

That's why.

However did we feed babies before these big companies created an artificial need for formula?

1653247427322.png

Oh, that's what those are for!

I find it hilarious that you guys consistently underfund the FDA and USDA, and then complain they didn't catch a problem fast enough.

that's a full stop lie. They self reported themselves. Industries ARE NEVER put through what abbot has been put through and for this long. This is a money maker and a boost up for Gates. Wonder how much $$ he's put in the hands of the biden crime family.

THis biden regime is the most corrupt and intentionally incompetent lying administration that we have EVER had. Even obama. At least Carter in his idiocy loved this country. NOT this bunch. Y'all need to wake up. wokesters.

They didn't report themselves, a disgruntled employee reported them. If the government had the funding to follow up on every disgruntled employee complaint, you MIGHT have an argument.

However did we feed babies before these big companies created an artificial need for formula?

View attachment 648292
Oh, that's what those are for!

I find it hilarious that you guys consistently underfund the FDA and USDA, and then complain they didn't catch a problem fast enough.

The FDA seemed funded enough to shut down production of baby formula and cause this disaster. I'm not saying that it didn't catch this problem fast enough, I'm saying they didn't think it was much of a problem in the first place or they would not have moved so slow.

Yes, it would be great if every baby had a hot mom in a tube top who could breast feed it. But after decades of pushing women into the work place it is laughable that you guys say they can just breast feed them if there's no formula. I suppose for those women unable to breast feed, their babies are just a statistic in the evolution of humanity?

Believe all disgruntled employees.

I wouldn't. I know that I've worked for a company where every fired employee called OSHA... and we had an OSHA guy who came out and found a few minor complaints, but nothing serious.

But, hey, if you want to give OSHA, FDA, USDA, EPA, IRS, etc. enough inspectors to follow up on every disgruntled employee's complaint the next day, I'm totally down with that.

I don't think the people who really run the GOP would be, though.

The FDA seemed funded enough to shut down production of baby formula and cause this disaster. I'm not saying that it didn't catch this problem fast enough, I'm saying they didn't think it was much of a problem in the first place or they would not have moved so slow.

Or that they had thousands of complaints and only hundreds of inspectors to follow up. The problem isn't when they shut them down, it was that Abbot let manufacturing processes get this lax that this happened at all.

Yes, it would be great if every baby had a hot mom in a tube top who could breast feed it. But after decades of pushing women into the work place it is laughable that you guys say they can just breast feed them if there's no formula. I suppose for those women unable to breast feed, their babies are just a statistic in the evolution of humanity?

Who pushed women into the work place? Those mean old Feminists, or those Republicans who spent the last 40 years dismantling the middle class so mom HAS to work?

Simple enough solution- Paid family leave for all new moms... then there's plenty of titty milk to go around.

Or that they had thousands of complaints and only hundreds of inspectors to follow up. The problem isn't when they shut them down, it was that Abbot let manufacturing processes get this lax that this happened at all.
If that is the problem, it is certainly no surprise that a government agency was incompetent.

Do you have the stats on the number of babies who died due to Abbott's lax manufacturing? Because if Team Biden doesn't move fast to clean up this mess, either we will have some very ugly stats of babies dying while mothers look desperately for formula or find unhealthy alternatives, or else we will end up dependent on imports for yet another critical product.
Who pushed women into the work place? Those mean old Feminists, or those Republicans who spent the last 40 years dismantling the middle class so mom HAS to work?
It was feminists who pushed women into the workplace, converting formerly one-income families into two-income families and allowing employers to pay the women about thirty percent (in real dollars) of what they had been paying male bread-winners, and to pay the males about seventy percent. Two workers for the price of one. The left's gift to corporate America.

Simple enough solution- Paid family leave for all new moms... then there's plenty of titty milk to go around.
Yes, that is simple and it costs nothing!

If that is the problem, it is certainly no surprise that a government agency was incompetent.

Do you have the stats on the number of babies who died due to Abbott's lax manufacturing? Because if Team Biden doesn't move fast to clean up this mess, either we will have some very ugly stats of babies dying while mothers look desperately for formula or find unhealthy alternatives, or else we will end up dependent on imports for yet another critical product.

Or we'll just airlift in some formula from other countries until Abbott gets their act together.

If you are so concerned with deaths, how about holding Trump to account for the ONE MILLION Americans who died from Covid because he failed to contain the disease in it's early stages.

It was feminists who pushed women into the workplace, converting formerly one-income families into two-income families and allowing employers to pay the women about thirty percent (in real dollars) of what they had been paying male bread-winners, and to pay the males about seventy percent. Two workers for the price of one. The left's gift to corporate America.

Naw, guy, what pushed women into the workplace was the hyper-inflation of the 1970's... combined with Republican efforts to undermine unions.

Naw, you make the rich pay their fair share to pay for it.

The Europeans have already figured this out.

Well, except for the moms who can't breastfeed, and the babies who can't breastfeed, and the babies who aren't with their birth mothers for whatever reason, and kids whose mothers already opted out of breastfeeding and stopped lactating before the formula shortage . . .

Typical leftist solution. "Let's spend a shitload of other people's money and make it someone else's problem!"

Or we'll just airlift in some formula from other countries until Abbott gets their act together.

If you are so concerned with deaths, how about holding Trump to account for the ONE MILLION Americans who died from Covid because he failed to contain the disease in it's early stages.

Naw, guy, what pushed women into the workplace was the hyper-inflation of the 1970's... combined with Republican efforts to undermine unions.

Naw, you make the rich pay their fair share to pay for it.

The Europeans have already figured this out.
It’s not Abbott it’s the FDA who has not gone in and inspected. Not that they really need to as the reasoning behind Abbott pulling the formula was precautionary and they have since ruled out the formula as the reason behind the deaths of the 6-7 babies. If not for the FDA stepping in and requiring the inspection but not having the inspectors to do so we wouldnt have this issue.

Abbott, the corporation that had bacteria in their factory that killed two babies?
That was detected in non product contact areas. None of the retained samples (they retain samples of all lots they release) has tested positive for Cronobacter or Salmonella. That was in February. The FDA still hasn’t inspected that plant and they say they won’t be able to for 8 more months. Its Abbotts fault though……

It’s not Abbott it’s the FDA who has not gone in and inspected. Not that they really need to as the reasoning behind Abbott pulling the formula was precautionary and they have since ruled out the formula as the reason behind the deaths of the 6-7 babies. If not for the FDA stepping in and requiring the inspection but not having the inspectors to do so we wouldnt have this issue.

I honestly hope you don't think that Abbot should ONLY be following safety protocols and Good Manufacturing practices because the FDA might inspect them.

This formula got contaminated at the plant. Period. THis is on Abbot. Not the FDA.

Joe is a fuckin moron who couldn't run a lawnmower, let alone a nation.

But no, it's not directly his fault that there is a shortage.

However, it is an indicator of how far up their own asses MOST of D.C. is.
Joe is the duly elected President of the United States of America, thank you

He beat DJT, and exposed him as the Biggest Cry Baby in American politics

I honestly hope you don't think that Abbot should ONLY be following safety protocols and Good Manufacturing practices because the FDA might inspect them.

This formula got contaminated at the plant. Period. THis is on Abbot. Not the FDA.
They can’t reopen the plant in Michigan until the FDA inspects it dumb ass. How many months does that take? It’s been 3 months and they say they won’t be out there for 8 more months. So tell me again how it’s not the FDAs issue

They can’t reopen the plant in Michigan until the FDA inspects it dumb ass. How many months does that take? It’s been 3 months and they say they won’t be out there for 8 more months. So tell me again how it’s not the FDAs issue

I don't think you know what you are talking about... last I heard the plant was going to be up and running again in two weeks.

Even if that weren't the case, they could increase capacity-output at their other plants and that's exactly what they SHOULD have done.

Forum List

Back