I'm Chillin'

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Weird day. Our religion program encompasses family life and taking care of oneself. The upper school teachers decided this year to bring in outside resources for 5-8. Grades 5/6 would be 'Girl talk/Boy talk', went very well.

7/8 was on substance abuse. Not so good, thanks to our very streetwise 8th grade. Seems they knew more of drinking games than host. Then they went further with drugs, which were peripheral to topic, (5th grade teacher booked, our mistake).

Even the 7th grade was a bit put off that the 'drugs' part was limited to tobacco and alcohol, thought they should have addressed others more specifically. After the presenters left, the 7th grade asked really good questions, including about smoking and cancer.

I'm exhausted. Lighting up!

Weird day. Our religion program encompasses family life and taking care of oneself. The upper school teachers decided this year to bring in outside resources for 5-8. Grades 5/6 would be 'Girl talk/Boy talk', went very well.

7/8 was on substance abuse. Not so good, thanks to our very streetwise 8th grade. Seems they knew more of drinking games than host. Then they went further with drugs, which were peripheral to topic, (5th grade teacher booked, our mistake).

Even the 7th grade was a bit put off that the 'drugs' part was limited to tobacco and alcohol, thought they should have addressed others more specifically. After the presenters left, the 7th grade asked really good questions, including about smoking and cancer.

I'm exhausted. Lighting up!

Kids aren't as dumb as they used to be!

I finally quit smoking after over 40 years of that crap. It's sticking too!

Kids aren't as dumb as they used to be!

I finally quit smoking after over 40 years of that crap. It's sticking too!

How did you quit? Cold turkey?

Forum List

Back