"I’m 54 years old; I’ve never thought about those statues a day in my life" - Charles Barkley

admit it, no one really cares about confederate statues. the left just wants to fabricate an issue!

NBA Star Charles Barkley Says Waste of Time Worrying Over ‘Stupid’ Statues
. The left is worried about the possibility of it being found out that it's agenda, politics, ideologies, and beliefs aren't in line with most of America, so of course it will try and use the more repugnant events of the past in order to hide it's current agenda and repugnancy going foward. The statues issue, and the igniting the past is all a smokescreen, and you better believe it.

Charles Barkley is a great role model for all people.

He says what he feels with no agenda. I wish more people would come out and really say what they feel. We have so many people claiming to speak for "others" - and we truly don't know that these "others" feel.

Many of those out there raising hell, just want a reason to raise hell.

Many of those out there raising hell, just want a reason to raise hell.
The problem is that their negative behaviors are enabled and exacerbated by those who claim to "care".
. Yes, "The Pandering Power Holders". They could give a crap less about these issues, but where there is opportunity, then that is where you find a pandering political opportunist who wants to use any and everything to hold power in this country.

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid held a super majority in Washington with a Democtat President in office as well.
The confederate statues were there. And no one said a word.
WHY NOW???
The Democrats act like these statues were erected in the past 7 months.

What's next? Washington and Jefferson removed from Mt. Rushmore?
Remove the Constitution because it has slave owners signatures?

Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid held a super majority in Washington with a Democtat President in office as well.
WHY NOW???

. The left has a long term strategy, and part of the strategy is to end white wealth in which to them means white power and oppression. It has enlisted many foot soldiers and leaders over the years, and it has taken the fight right to the doorsteps of those it opposes, and it is attempting to tear down the doors to their houses, go in and destroy every part of the history it finds offensive and threatening to the extreme leftist agenda. Now all one has to do, is to go back and listen to the rehtoric, view the history of it's actions, and take heed to the bigger picture involved in it all.

WHY NOW???

. The left has a long term strategy, and part of the strategy is to end white wealth in which to them means white power and oppression. It has enlisted many foot soldiers and leaders over the years, and it has taken the fight right to the doorsteps of those it opposes, and it is attempting to tear down the doors to their houses, go in and destroy every part of the history it finds offensive and threatening to the extreme leftist agenda. Now all one has to do, is to go back and listen to the rehtoric, view the history of it's actions, and take heed to the bigger picture involved in it all.

I'm sorry, but you are way off. Like miles.
The real power in America is in the hands of big money and super-corporations...which control both Democrats and Republicans. And that isn't changing anytime soon.
You think Obama wanted to end "white wealth"??...lol..... hell no. Obama engaged in the biggest trickle down economic principles in our history. Big money LOVED Obama, he was a great friend to the investor class.
Confederate statues, white supremacy...all nothing more than yet more distractions for us all to talk about rather than what really matters.

My first school's name was Robert E Lee Elementary in Long Beach. I wasn't there that long but I seem to remember there might have been a statue of him, maybe even a cannon. I'm looking to see if I can get federal assistance for counseling and victim relief. Maybe a cash settlement! Problem is, they recently changed the name of the school, which may complicate the issue.

WHY NOW???

I'm sorry, but you are way off. Like miles.
The real power in America is in the hands of big money and super-corporations...which control both Democrats and Republicans. And that isn't changing anytime soon.
You think Obama wanted to end "white wealth"??...lol..... hell no. Obama engaged in the biggest trickle down economic principles in our history. Big money LOVED Obama, he was a great friend to the investor class.
Confederate statues, white supremacy...all nothing more than yet more distractions for us all to talk about rather than what really matters.
. So you think people can hold only one grievence at a time ?? You are correct in only part of your assessment, but we are talking about pandering to the different groups unless you think one groups ideologies are or can be less of an impact than another group's ideology. Depends on the flavor of the month with these idiots or what coolaid they want us to drink from next.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Your explanation sounds 'well-practiced.' Almost as if you've memorized the Talking Points off some right wing website, or more likely, off of Hate Radio or TV.

On the whole, it all just sounds made up, too extreme. Blame the others, always. They bad. We good. Too damned simplistic and predictable. To think all of the massive changes we're seeing in our society are part of some secret plan cooked up in somebody's basement, is not just unbelievable. It's plain silly.

But, maybe you have a future in fiction writing.

It is not about the statues..........never was........it's about stirring up hate and discontent in this country.............Organized chaos..................

I've seen more rebel flags flying when going back and forth work then I've seen in my lifetime now............because people are just pissed about the statues and the stupidity of those trying to erase history..............

So the chaos theory is working for the anarchist..................

admit it, no one really cares about confederate statues. the left just wants to fabricate an issue!

I have a mixed reaction to Barkley's comments. On the one hand, I wish the black leaders/community would ignore these statues rather than making them a source for promoting white guilt. However on the other hand, Mr. Barkley has enjoyed a much better life through his success as a professional athlete, and is therefore not as affected by bigotry as the average black person.

I have a mixed reaction to Barkley's comments. On the one hand, I wish the black leaders/community would ignore these statues rather than making them a source for promoting white guilt. However on the other hand, Mr. Barkley has enjoyed a much better life through his success as a professional athlete, and is therefore not as affected by bigotry as the average black person.
I wish people would grow up and leave our history alone. It is what it is, a view into the past. We can look at it honestly, try to learn from it, or we can try to erase it, learn nothing, and hope we don't make the same mistakes.

We should NOT try to remake our history and our country to placate a relatively small percentage of the population. If they are so fucking sensitive that a name on a building sends them into a panic, then they're probably too fucking dumb to ever grow up enough, or become educated enough, or be tough enough, to earn their own living and become a productive member of our society. We cannot let the non-productive whiners control our past or determine our future. If they hate this country and its history and the white folks who created it so much, then fuck them. Let them leave. And that goes not just for black ingrates and whiners, but for ANY whiners.

. Was Barkley saying what he said in regards to suggesting to the movement that they are going about something in the wrong way ?? Would he support the movement if they were acting in the way that made sense to him ? Sounds as if he isn't against Black's making noise about certain issues, just as long as the noise makes sense, and will accomplish common sense goals, and makes progress for black people instead of going backwards in life.

I wish people would grow up and leave our history alone. It is what it is, a view into the past. We can look at it honestly, try to learn from it, or we can try to erase it, learn nothing, and hope we don't make the same mistakes.

We should NOT try to remake our history and our country to placate a relatively small percentage of the population. If they are so fucking sensitive that a name on a building sends them into a panic, then they're probably too fucking dumb to ever grow up enough, or become educated enough, or be tough enough, to earn their own living and become a productive member of our society. We cannot let the non-productive whiners control our past or determine our future. If they hate this country and its history and the white folks who created it so much, then fuck them. Let them leave. And that goes not just for black ingrates and whiners, but for ANY whiners.
. Had plenty claiming they would leave if Trump became President, but you see how that ended. Just a bunch of snowflake whiners who need to get their aces on a job site somewhere in order to work through their problems in life. To many idle people with not enough to do, and not enough people working to pay for their aces to sit around causing trouble.

Forum List

Back