Illinois Senate Candidate: False Military Award Claim

Oops. Somehow, somewhere, this is being blamed on Bush, Cheney and/or Halliburton. And with a straight face I might add.

oopsies...

did he really think his opponent wouldn't check out his official bio?

Illinois Senate candidate admits claim about military award was inaccurate

Good catch. :eusa_whistle:

would you think so if it was a dem being accused? Probably not.

I'll even give you an example. I was very embarrassed when Hillary was telling the story of running through the airport in Bosnia being shot at.

It was terrible strategy to tell that lie. Rs sometimes act holier than thou when their guys do it.

I am certainly a Democrat and not an Inde though.

oopsies...

llinois Senate candidate admits claim about military award was inaccurate

y R. Jeffrey Smith
Washington Post Staff Writer
Saturday, May 29, 2010; 5:41 PM

The Republican candidate for President Obama's old Senate seat has admitted to inaccurately claiming he received the U.S. Navy's Intelligence Officer of the Year award for his service during NATO's conflict with Serbia in the late 1990s.

Rep. Mark Kirk, a Navy reservist who was elected to Congress in 2001, acknowledged the error in his official biography after The Washington Post began looking into whether he had received the prestigious award, which is given by top Navy officials to a single individual annually.

The Post's inquiries were sparked by complaints from a representative of state Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias, Kirk's Democratic opponent in the Illinois Senate race.

Still smarting from the other Jillian you heartless BITCH?

Hello Blumenthal...

Now *I* Use this upon you...

100_1161.jpg

BITCH B GONE.

And YES...I use it Liberally.

A politician who lied. Im shocked. Shocked.

Seriously, I am sick and tired of these politicians thinking they can lie and that no one will think less of them about it.

A politician who lied. Im shocked. Shocked.

Seriously, I am sick and tired of these politicians thinking they can lie and that no one will think less of them about it.

It's not just that. It's what he lied about (and the same goes for Blumenthal).

oopsies...

y R. Jeffrey Smith

The Republican candidate for President Obama's old Senate seat has admitted to inaccurately claiming he received the U.S. Navy's Intelligence Officer of the Year award for his service during NATO's conflict with Serbia in the late 1990s.

Rep. Mark Kirk, a Navy reservist who was elected to Congress in 2001, acknowledged the error in his official biography after The Washington Post began looking into whether he had received the prestigious award, which is given by top Navy officials to a single individual annually.

The Post's inquiries were sparked by complaints from a representative of state Treasurer Alexi Giannoulias, Kirk's Democratic opponent in the Illinois Senate race.

Hello Blumenthal...

BITCH B GONE.

DAMN , why you gotta make it personal, all she did was post the story, its not her fault this guy is a lying shithead

oopsies...

y R. Jeffrey Smith

Hello Blumenthal...

BITCH B GONE.

Looks like that Neo-Con Tommy has been :booze: again tonight, and doesn't like it when one of his "Boys" gets called on the carpet.

I love it when you cons can't admit someone in your party did anything wrong, by calling Jillian a bitch because she posted something that makes you cry is funny as hell, becaue it shows everyone what you are, a drunken parrot for the GOP.

And I'm about SICK of these "fake" poseurs who pretend they were in the military, here and in real life.

Those pussies have NO IDEA what it's like to server your country, see your mates die in front of your eyes, live with death every day, and then if you're lucky enough to come home, have those things etched in your mind forever.

And I'm about SICK of these "fake" poseurs who pretend they were in the military, here and in real life.

Those pussies have NO IDEA what it's like to server your country, see your mates die in front of your eyes, live with death every day, and then if you're lucky enough to come home, have those things etched in your mind forever.
but he WAS in the Navy, just didnt get the award he had claimed
so i wouldnt exactly put him in THAT category

oopsies...

y R. Jeffrey Smith

Damn republicans.

:rofl:

oopsies...

y R. Jeffrey Smith

Damn republicans.

did you say that about the conn dem when he got caught?

oopsies...

Damn republicans.

Yup, when the conn dem got caught I said "Damn Republicans". :doubt: Just ike somehow this particular incident is somehow Obama's fault. SEriously, read the posts on this REPUBLICAN in this thread. :evil:

Damn republicans.

Yup, when the conn dem got caught I said "Damn Republicans". :doubt: Just ike somehow this particular incident is somehow Obama's fault. SEriously, read the posts on this REPUBLICAN in this thread. :evil:
yeah, it figures you would blame republicans for a dem getting caught being a lying piece of shit
:rolleyes:
thats why most people think you are a fucking IDIOTIC MORON

Many people accept lying as part of politics and should be expected. Maybe, honor and integrity are just a dream when it comes to politics. Certainly the bar has been lowered and accepted by voters bent on winning. I'd give the guy a chance to explain himself but by reading this part of the link that jillian provided I prone to say this Guy is a liar and if I lived in Illinois wouldn't get my vote on principle alone.

Kirk, whose campaign has emphasized his military service as a reservist, similarly misstated the award during a House committee hearing in March 2002. In a remark recorded by C-Span, he said, "I was the Navy's Intelligence Officer of the Year," an achievement he depicted as providing special qualifications to discuss national security spending.

In this reality, he lied, in the alternate Conservative Universe, he is a victim of a Democratic smear.

is this like Rep.Richard Blumenthal's Vietnam tales Dean?.....last week he was on the news saying he "misspoke".....yea right...for what 10 years.....hey Dean someday it will dawn on you that yes even the Democrats are as bad as the Republicans in the area of integrity.....but then what the fuck would you know about that....

i don't recall anyone here saying he 'misspoke'. in fact, i don't recall anyone defending blumenthal. it was blumenthal who said he "misspoke"

and given that i'm the one who posted the article, i would suggest that no where did i say what blumenthal did was ok and that dems had more integrity than repubs.

i'm kind of surprised by people taking the opposite position on a regular basis, though.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back