Illinois mom says judge stripped custody of son until she gets COVID-19 vaccine: report

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Are judges arbitrarily making up laws now? Judges are now medical experts? Maybe Fauci can make some extra cash as a court expert witness, there would certainly be much confusion as all the experts on the world have flip flopped for nearly two years.

Her getting the vaccine isn't going to prevent her from catching it or spreading it to her son.

An Illinois mother says a Cook County judge decided to strip her parental rights over her refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to a local report.

Rebecca Firlit told FOX 32 Chicago that Cook County Judge James Shapiro revoked all of her parenting time with her son until she gets vaccinated.

"I miss my son more than anything. It's been very difficult. I haven't seen him since August 10th," Firlit told the outlet.

A spokesperson for Shaprio told FOX 32 that the judge could not comment on the ruling due to the ongoing nature of the case.

Firlit, who has reportedly been divorced for seven years and shares custody of her son with her ex-husband, said she does not want to get the vaccine due to previous adverse reactions to vaccines, according to FOX 32.

Are judges arbitrarily making up laws now? Judges are now medical experts? Maybe Fauci can make some extra cash as a court expert witness, there would certainly be much confusion as all the experts on the world have flip flopped for nearly two years.

Her getting the vaccine isn't going to prevent her from catching it or spreading it to her son.

An Illinois mother says a Cook County judge decided to strip her parental rights over her refusal to get the COVID-19 vaccine, according to a local report.

Rebecca Firlit told FOX 32 Chicago that Cook County Judge James Shapiro revoked all of her parenting time with her son until she gets vaccinated.

"I miss my son more than anything. It's been very difficult. I haven't seen him since August 10th," Firlit told the outlet.

A spokesperson for Shaprio told FOX 32 that the judge could not comment on the ruling due to the ongoing nature of the case.

Firlit, who has reportedly been divorced for seven years and shares custody of her son with her ex-husband, said she does not want to get the vaccine due to previous adverse reactions to vaccines, according to FOX 32.
This is government gone too far....period!

Sounds like a total bullshit story to me. All of the information is comming from the mother.
Wrong again, TheProgressivePatriot:

<quote>
Jeffrey Leving, the attorney for the boy's father, reportedly admitted he was surprised by the judge's decision, but supports the ruling.

"There are children who have died because of COVID. I think every child should be safe," Leving told WFLD. "And I agree that the mother should be vaccinated."

[...]

A spokesperson for Judge Shapiro told WFLD that they could not provide a comment at this time because of the ongoing nature of the case.
</quote>

<source>
Blaze Media
PAUL SACCA
August 28, 2021
</source>

If the mother was a drug addict and failed to get treatment, this could be justified by precedent. In this case, I just can't see the connection to anything realistic. It sounds like the Judge is letting his own personal emotional content dictate the outcome. Next, unless the someone swears allegiance to a particular religious faith or political party, their parental rights will be taken away. I don't like where this is going, at all.

[edit] Just saw the update about the decision reversal...thank goodness.

Forum List

Back