Illinois bill would restrict medical decisions for parents.

One can hold objections on religious grounds, yet belong to a particular religious group or congregation, and, of course, one can subscribe to a particular religious belief-system while not agreeing with all their precepts - therefore, obtaining such a clerical affirmation will oftentimes prove difficult or impossible, even though such convictions are honestly held.

Consequently, it seems likely that (1) any such bill will fail to pass the Democratically-controlled Illinois Legislature and (2) the new Republican Governor would probably veto it and (3) on such a touch matter it seems unlikely that a veto-override would be forthcoming and (4) I seriously doubt the legislation could withstand a serious Constitutional challenge, with respect to either the Illinois Constitution or the United States Constitution.

Or so it seems at first glance, to this observer.

None of the objections to vaccinations are on religious grounds. The anti vaxxers are liberal new agey, organic, ecowierdos.

None of the objections to vaccinations are on religious grounds. The anti vaxxers are liberal new agey, organic, ecowierdos.
Some are. I use whatever objection I can. Depends on the state. Ga its quite easy. My religion actually does forbid foreign things like vaccines...and even if it didn't I would use whichever objection was available to me.

Some are. I use whatever objection I can. Depends on the state. Ga its quite easy. My religion actually does forbid foreign things like vaccines...and even if it didn't I would use whichever objection was available to me.
There are religious objections to many medical procedures. I don't know of any religion that prohibits vaccinations. If you do, lets hear it.

It's really simple, if you don't want to vaccinate your kids, then never let them outside the home. They should not endanger other children or adults who did take vaccinations.

Pretty simple really, just lock your kids up, forever.

There should be no law that compels parents to inject their children with disease-vectors that may put them at risk...

Personally, I think it's insane, not to get your kids vaccinated, and all three of my kids were, in their time, as are my grandsons, now...

But I will not force my neighbor to be compelled to subject his children to such a procedure if he fears for their safety or objects for any reason that seems right to him...

The problem isn't in the vaccines themselves, however risks lie with the preservatives, particularly mercury based preservatives like thimerosal which have been shown to detrimental side effects. Make sure to ask for the vaccines without these harmful preservatives for your children.

Forum List

Back