Illegal Immigrant got sick crossing the border. Should we sympathize?

Should we sympathize?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
He Crossed The Border In A Packed, Unventilated Trailer And Survived
san-antonio-815-edit_wide-b8954eea54e0bc931151b2069a050d263b78492b-s800-c85.png

Brandon Martinez, 16, was one of nearly 40 undocumented immigrants found on a blistering summer day inside an unventilated trailer parked at a San Antonio Wal-Mart. Ten died, and Brandon barely survived.

Federal officials who interviewed some of the survivors say that the human cargo was assembled and loaded into the truck in the border city of Laredo.

Some had paid smugglers to take them across the Rio Grande in rafts. One immigrant said there were as many as 200 people in the back of the truck.

Before he closed the door, one of the human smugglers reassured them that the truck had a refrigeration unit, but as the trip up Interstate 35 progressed they realized there was no cooling system. They took turns gulping outside air through a small vent hole, and began passing out. They pounded on the walls of the enclosure to get the driver's attention but he did not stop until he pulled over at the Wal-Mart, he says, to urinate. That's when, the driver claims, he was surprised to hear people in the trailer, opened the door and saw the grim scene inside with "bodies just lying on the floor like meat." It was a Wal-Mart employee who called 911. Many of the passengers fled on foot or were picked up by black SUVs before the police arrived.
---
Sad story but I wonder who is paying for that hospital visit? Sure hope they deport him and his illegal father.

Emergency medical service, then zip!bang! back across the border. And that guy looks more like 25 than 16.

It's so nice when borders become more important than human lives.

Seriously, a fine example of a WWJD? moment......

:clap:

He did it to himself.
I would bet borders have saved more lives than cost them.

He did it to himself.

Almost every malady in human existence can be boiled down to something someone did to themselves.

Let's just let people die, shall we?

And how have borders saved lives?

I find it most interesting that those on the Left who are the most insistent on applying their erroneous "separation of church and state" to all things cry WWJD whenever an opinion goes against their grain. Funny, that.

I find it most interesting that those on the Left who are the most insistent on applying their erroneous "separation of church and state" to all things cry WWJD whenever an opinion goes against their grain. Funny, that.

Jesus wasn't a church.

Jesus was a man whose life I'd gladly emulate to the best of my ability. The people who make up the churches in his name? Not so much.

So you'll be writing a check to cover this guy's medical bills? Or are you shoving your ideas of morality down the throat of others who'll pick up the tab?

I'm definitely shoving my pro-life ideals down your throat.

Open wider, ok?

So you'll be writing a check to cover this guy's medical bills? Or are you shoving your ideas of morality down the throat of others who'll pick up the tab?

Open wider, ok?

So no, you'll not put your money where your mouth is.

Got it, thanks for the transparency.

Jesus wasn't a church.

Jesus was a man whose life I'd gladly emulate to the best of my ability. The people who make up the churches in his name? Not so much.

I'm noting what you do, not what you think.

Open wider, ok?

So, right to life and healthcare is simply a financial issue to you?

What price is too high for saving a life?

Jesus wasn't a church.

Then you know nothing, don't you?

He did it to himself.

Almost every malady in human existence can be boiled down to something someone did to themselves.

Let's just let people die, shall we?

If he wasnt trying to sneak into our country, this would not have happened.
Really? Act like we dont know of history and all the boundaries and borders that have stopped invaders, raiders and extremists?

Jesus wasn't a church.

Then you know nothing, don't you?

I know what you post.

Open wider, ok?

So, right to life and healthcare is simply a financial issue to you?

What price is too high for saving a life?
he did it to himself. Why should i have to pay for it?

He Crossed The Border In A Packed, Unventilated Trailer And Survived
san-antonio-815-edit_wide-b8954eea54e0bc931151b2069a050d263b78492b-s800-c85.png

Brandon Martinez, 16, was one of nearly 40 undocumented immigrants found on a blistering summer day inside an unventilated trailer parked at a San Antonio Wal-Mart. Ten died, and Brandon barely survived.

Federal officials who interviewed some of the survivors say that the human cargo was assembled and loaded into the truck in the border city of Laredo.

Some had paid smugglers to take them across the Rio Grande in rafts. One immigrant said there were as many as 200 people in the back of the truck.

Before he closed the door, one of the human smugglers reassured them that the truck had a refrigeration unit, but as the trip up Interstate 35 progressed they realized there was no cooling system. They took turns gulping outside air through a small vent hole, and began passing out. They pounded on the walls of the enclosure to get the driver's attention but he did not stop until he pulled over at the Wal-Mart, he says, to urinate. That's when, the driver claims, he was surprised to hear people in the trailer, opened the door and saw the grim scene inside with "bodies just lying on the floor like meat." It was a Wal-Mart employee who called 911. Many of the passengers fled on foot or were picked up by black SUVs before the police arrived.
---
Sad story but I wonder who is paying for that hospital visit? Sure hope they deport him and his illegal father.
Juan, the truck is ready to take you home. :lol:
t111owv.jpg

It's called American Exceptionalism. How a society deals with the lowest tier of people among them is a direct reflection of the quality of that society. Many other countries would let that guy die without medical care, but people aren't risking their lives to get into those countries. It's who we are.

Forum List

Back