Illegal alien workers return after raid at Buckley AFB, Colorado

Little-Acorn

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2006
San Diego, CA
If this isn't outrageous, tell me what is.

These recently-deported-and-returned people should wind up breaking rocks in the hot sun for a few years. If the US Gummint wants to "send a message", that's the one to send.

But even more important, the officials of the companies who re-hired the very same illegals who were arrested and deported only short months ago FROM THE VERY SAME SITE, should wind up breaking the same rocks under the same hot sun, for the same sentencing period as the illegals themselves... ONE PERIOD FOR EACH ILLEGAL THEY HIRED. Sentence periods to be served sequentially, NOT concurrently.

I know, I know, it'll happen when Hell freezes. But again, if you want to send a message, THAT'S the one to send.

Plainly, the U.S. Gummint isn't really interested in sending the right message.

And we voted them into office.

We are getting the government we deserve.

-----------------------------------

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5379070,00.html

Undocumented workers return after raid at Buckley

By Fernando Quintero, Rocky Mountain News
February 26, 2007

A roundup last year found dozens of illegal immigrants employed at a military building project, but some say they were quickly back on the job

Martin Torrez, 40 - with his son, Leo, 2, at their Aurora home - says he wasn't paid for all his work at Buckley. "We might be illegal," he says, "but we're not slaves."

Illegal immigrants say they were working on a military housing project outside Buckley Air Force Base within days after a major immigration raid there last year. Immigration officials said at the time that they were protecting national security and sending a message to employers with the Sept. 20 raid, which nabbed more than 120 workers.

Most of the workers were from Mexico and were quickly deported. Others came from Guatemala, Honduras and El Salvador. Three had outstanding criminal warrants and were turned over to Aurora police.

Julio Cesar Rodriguez, an illegal immigrant from Mexico, told the Rocky Mountain News he was back on the job a few days after the raid. So was Martin Torrez, who said he saw about a dozen workers who returned to Buckley after they were deported. Several workers claim they were not fully paid for their work, which included hundreds of hours of overtime. A number also said they received off-the-books payments in cash.

Federal immigration officials said the raid was part of a nationwide crackdown on illegal immigrants who could pose a security risk to the nation's "critical infrastructure facilities."

The housing site is near the giant golf ball-like satellite monitoring systems on the base, which assist in global surveillance, missile warnings and homeland defense operations.

(Full text of the article can be read at the above URL)

[Editor's note: BTW, Mr. Martin Torres, yes you may be illegal. Which means, you can't go to the cops to protest the abuse you're getting, doesn't it? Which means that Yes, you ARE in fact a slave, and your son too. Tough titty. You'll have to live with it. There isn't a thing anyone can do about it. Except what the Feds tried to once already: Deport you back to your home country. But you undid that in a hurry, didn't you? -LA]

Punishing those who come here for better jobs won't do anything... as long as better jobs exist here and they get hired. Punish the companies that hire illegals, and the well should dry up. Take away the cause... take away the effect.

After reading Fast Food Nation I went online just to see if I could apply to work for Tyson foods in their slaughterhouse, like so many illegals... nope. Only white collar positions did I find...(2003 is when I visited and checked I believe).

I’m not against immigration! But I am against blatant disregard for our policies. Not only should our country reduce the amount of allowed immigration per year to say the year 1965 and then we should impose some sort of economic sanctions on Mexico since there government is so lazy they can’t control or patrol there borders. I mean we are doing Mexico’s dirty work by accepting these people. Again it isn’t the migrant totally at fault but the governments that are at fault.

Punishing those who come here for better jobs won't do anything...
It will do something, though obviously it will not solve the entire problem. Other things must be done as well. It remains a cruel fact that breaking rocks in the hot sun - and getting three squares a day and a warm, dry bed at night - may be better conditions than some of the illegals had in Mexico. So coming here and getting busted may actually attract some of them - the ones whose home conditions are even worse.

But they are, in fact, breaking the law to come here, whether they get jobs or not. So they MUST be punished - a point our President and most of the Congress seem to have forgotten.
as long as better jobs exist here and they get hired. Punish the companies that hire illegals, and the well should dry up. Take away the cause... take away the effect.
That's only part of the cause, and so taking it away, will take only some of the effect away. As I said, it must be done, but other things also must be done too. To wit, putting up an effective barrier along the entire border, staffing the Border Patrol enough to patrol it adequately, AND cracking down on companies who knowlingly hire illegals. Then deporting illegals will have real teeth - they can't just walk right back in as they do now.

Only when ALL of these things are done, will you make a real dent in the problem. A fence alone won't do it. Jailing illegals alone won't do it. Cracking down on employers alone, won't do it. ALL of these things must be done together. That will do it.

Outsource ALL jobs to Mexico. Problem solved. Well, US problem solved... I guess Mexico would have a new problem then...

New Topics

Forum List

Back