Illegal alien gets law license in NY. Is currently working on Bernie campaign

A touching story and I wish him well. So why can't he get in line and apply for citizenship like everyone else? As a side note, I cannot tell you how many illegals have been rip offed by Latino American lawyers who promised to get them citizenship or a green card and just stole their money.

How are Undocumented Immigrants allowed to get into University in America to get law degree? Has Obama allowed this with his Executive Order Amnesty on the illegal immigrants?

I have been wondering the same thing. Why did he not become a citizen before college, why is his Mon not a citizen yet? So he can just live here now and work as an attorney and not a citizen. Makes no sense.

How are Undocumented Immigrants allowed to get into University in America to get law degree? Has Obama allowed this with his Executive Order Amnesty on the illegal immigrants?

I have been wondering the same thing. Why did he not become a citizen before college, why is his Mon not a citizen yet? So he can just live here now and work as an attorney and not a citizen. Makes no sense.

Yes I agree, maybe someone can explain this stuff.

"Illegal alien gets law license in NY. Is currently working on Bernie campaign"

Wrong again.

The ignorance common to many on the right is truly disturbing.

One is not 'illegal' until such time as he has been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country, or remaining in the country, absent authorization.

Until that time undocumented immigrants are presumed innocent and are entitled to due process of the law, in accordance with the 14th Amendment, such as being allowed to obtain a license to practice law in a given state.

What's amusing is that this undocumented immigrant knows more about our laws and Constitution than the ignorant, rightwing bigots who just happen to be citizens.

I believe so, but I;m not sure. It's been so long ago.

No one knows how many illegal immigrants are enrolled in colleges or have graduated; schools don't collect such data. But in 2010, an estimated 96,000 young adults without legal status held at least an associate's degree or higher, according to a report from theMigration Policy Institute, a nonpartisan Washington think tank.

But 11 years later, the DREAM Act— the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors measure — is in political gridlock.

Some graduates who are here illegally defer going into the workplace by getting another advanced degree, including the Ph.D., according to interviews. Others leave the country.

Other illegal immigrant graduates are pursuing professional licenses in fields such as law and nursing.

Courts in California and Florida are considering cases involving two law school graduates who passed their state bars to determine whether they should be allowed to get licenses to practice law in those states. Both graduates are illegally in this country after being brought here as children.

Illegal immigrants find paths to college, careers

Don't you know that in this great country of ours, illegal immigrants have more rights and previlidges than US citizens. Last year the supreme court ruled that illegal immigrants can not be prosecuted for stealing and using the identites of US citizens, but if a US citizen steals an identity, we get prosecuted to the fullest and sent to jail. Be thankful you are an illegal !!!!, You can get everything you want in this country for free from our governmnet; welfare, free college, free medical, free food stamps, free legal advice, what more do you want. You don't even have to pay taxes. Go to Alaska, they give licenses to illegals without a problem.

Drivers License for Illegal immigrant going to college?

illegal immigrants go to college for free - Saferbrowser Yahoo Search Results

Make of this as you will.

"Illegal alien gets law license in NY. Is currently working on Bernie campaign"

Wrong again.

The ignorance common to many on the right is truly disturbing.

One is not 'illegal' until such time as he has been found guilty in a court of law of entering the country, or remaining in the country, absent authorization.

Until that time undocumented immigrants are presumed innocent and are entitled to due process of the law, in accordance with the 14th Amendment, such as being allowed to obtain a license to practice law in a given state.

What's amusing is that this undocumented immigrant knows more about our laws and Constitution than the ignorant, rightwing bigots who just happen to be citizens.
Amusing...but not surprising.

California gave a law license to an illegal a couple of years ago. After hearing what he has to say, he deserved it.

I actually don't have a problem with non-citizens pursuing their education here (if they do it legally, such as with a student visa)....

But this may open up a new can of worms...

Is Bernie's campaign paying him???

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

Generally when lawyers work for campaigns, they work pro bono.

At least for Democrats.
That may be possible, but how is he paying the rent and surviving???

Bernie has to be wondering, right???

Unless Bernie is aware of illegal employment, or just supporting him with "free shit", paid for by US taxpayers....

let's see, he's 32 and came here when he was 5...
now it's possible he was birn in January or early February but the odds say he hasn't had his 2016 birthday yet.

that would put him immigrating in 1988.

who was president in 1988?

I actually don't have a problem with non-citizens pursuing their education here (if they do it legally, such as with a student visa)....

But this may open up a new can of worms...

Is Bernie's campaign paying him???

Penalties for Employers Hiring Illegal Immigrants | LegalMatch Law Library

Generally when lawyers work for campaigns, they work pro bono.

At least for Democrats.
That may be possible, but how is he paying the rent and surviving???

Bernie has to be wondering, right???

Unless Bernie is aware of illegal employment, or just supporting him with "free shit", paid for by US taxpayers....

Huh?

Would you mind repeating that, in English this time?

Forum List

Back