Ill Gov Pritzker Calls For Gun Control After 4th of July Masacre

Yes, they're allegedly called a "good guy" that shoots someone and thus becomes the "bad guy". So a good guy that was going to shoot a good guy is now called the bad guy, and the good guy that shot the good guy turning into a bad guy is now promoted to a good guy with a gun. I've noticed that that's the gun nut logic around here.
“Bad guys” are those who shoot good people out of malice and criminal intent. A good guy with a gun is one who tries to prevent the bad guy from shooting any more innocents.

Surely you can understand this simple concept.

No, the good guy shoots the bad guy. There are vastly more good guys than bad guys. Why not let them have guns too?
The point is, this good guy and bad guy idea is just a Hollywood manufactured concept, that's how the fiction story lines run in their films. If you have open carry in a state and a guy walks past you with a loaded rifle over his shoulder, is he a good guy or a bad guy? Or is he a good guy with intent? If a good guy breaks the law, is he deemed a bad guy, or he only becomes a bad guy if he wants to harm you? If a good guy is in his house and a car pulls up because the teenage kids in the car are lost, and the good guy shoots at the car, is he still a good guy or bad guy?

So criminals have guns. So a serial shoplifter that has never owned a gun now doesn't fall under this criteria? But is he a criminal? Or do you sub-categorise criminals? America is a nation of serious binary thinking. Good guy v bad guy, all guns v no guns etc..

So what makes a good guy a potential bad guy. Well, you don't know in America because you give everyone the Right to Bear Arms. In many countries, you are first checked out. Police records, medical records, driving history, supplied referees checked, social media checked etc.. This makes sure that one can reasonably assume you would be responsible with a gun and thus you would then have a certificate to go buy guns. In other words, your "good guy" has nothing to fear about regulating who is responsible. Then to take the responsibility further, having loaded guns and loaded guns in public is not responsible. After target practice at the gun shoot, pheasant shooting, vermin control etc.. leaving a gun lying around at home or in the vehicle is not responsible. Securing it in a gun cabinet is a responsible action.

Why not let them have guns too? Who's banning guns? Gun regulations doesn't ban guns, it hopefully reduces those unsuitable from obtaining guns. It hopefully creates a safe gun culture. And that is only possible when the people want it. But those obsessed with giving everyone the Right to Bear Arms and not be Responsible to Bear Arms, America will continue to witness 1+ mass shooting a month. And don't think for one moment that changes in regulations bring overnight results, it takes decades and constant regulation tweaking.

With my clear background, I could easily join a local gun range, apply for a firearms certificate and go shoot an Uzi, but I have no interest, no bad guys are wanting to murder me, criminals on every corner are not wanting to violently mug me, and so on and so on with all these crazy scenarios gun nuts throw into the argument.

And if any good guy's reason to have a firearm is to simply have the maximum firepower to blast people away if they stepped on his land, then ask questions, THAT person is the worst person to own a gun.

And no, your government is not tyrannical.

Yes, they're allegedly called a "good guy" that shoots someone and thus becomes the "bad guy". So a good guy that was going to shoot a good guy is now called the bad guy, and the good guy that shot the good guy turning into a bad guy is now promoted to a good guy with a gun. I've noticed that that's the gun nut logic around here.

Would you shoot a rabid dog?

Would you shoot that same dog before it became rabid?

“Illinois has the eighth strictest gun laws in the nation, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.”

Yup...but more gun laws for law-abiding citizens will put an end to Chicago's gun crime and record-setting murder rate.

How's that working out for them?
In its 2021 annual report on state gun laws, the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence gave Illinois an A-, making it eighth in the nation for the strength of its gun laws. California, New York, Connecticut and New Jersey were among states that ranked higher.

“Bad guys” are those who shoot good people out of malice and criminal intent. A good guy with a gun is one who tries to prevent the bad guy from shooting any more innocents.

I hear that story time and time again.

July 5 2022
Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) seized on the recent mall shooting in Copenhagen as evidence that strict gun control laws don’t work.

“There was just a mass shooting in Denmark, a country with some of the strictest gun laws in Europe. It’s time to admit that gun laws DO NOT stop mass shootings!” tweeted the Republican gun fanatic, who once had her children pose for a Christmas picture holding assault rifles.

A gunman killed three people and injured another four at a shopping mall in Denmark’s capital last Sunday. Police said the suspected shooter, 22, had mental health issues and was armed with a rifle when he was arrested.

. However, she failed to point out that it was Denmark’s first mass shooting in seven years.

The U.S. has had more mass shootings this past weekend.

So what does a bad look like? What does a good guy look like? Do you just give them a gun, or do you assess them. Well in America, you just give them a gun.

Why not. The 2nd Amendment clearly states: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed".
When these are comported with Art. I, Sec 8 and clauses 14,15 and 16 makes the real meaning of the 2nd.
You are fully aware of the fact the rignt to keep and bear arms as protected by the 2nd has no connection to service in the militia,.

“Illinois has the eighth strictest gun laws in the nation, according to the Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence.”

Yup...but more gun laws for law-abiding citizens will put an end to Chicago's gun crime and record-setting murder rate.

How's that working out for them?
I was surprised there was even any mention of this since around 50 people are shot in Chicago every weekend, I guess this one was closer to the suburbs....

The point is, this good guy and bad guy idea is just a Hollywood manufactured concept, that's how the fiction story lines run in their films. If you have open carry in a state and a guy walks past you with a loaded rifle over his shoulder, is he a good guy or a bad guy? Or is he a good guy with intent? If a good guy breaks the law, is he deemed a bad guy, or he only becomes a bad guy if he wants to harm you? If a good guy is in his house and a car pulls up because the teenage kids in the car are lost, and the good guy shoots at the car, is he still a good guy or bad guy?

So criminals have guns. So a serial shoplifter that has never owned a gun now doesn't fall under this criteria? But is he a criminal? Or do you sub-categorise criminals? America is a nation of serious binary thinking. Good guy v bad guy, all guns v no guns etc..

So what makes a good guy a potential bad guy. Well, you don't know in America because you give everyone the Right to Bear Arms. In many countries, you are first checked out. Police records, medical records, driving history, supplied referees checked, social media checked etc.. This makes sure that one can reasonably assume you would be responsible with a gun and thus you would then have a certificate to go buy guns. In other words, your "good guy" has nothing to fear about regulating who is responsible. Then to take the responsibility further, having loaded guns and loaded guns in public is not responsible. After target practice at the gun shoot, pheasant shooting, vermin control etc.. leaving a gun lying around at home or in the vehicle is not responsible. Securing it in a gun cabinet is a responsible action.

Why not let them have guns too? Who's banning guns? Gun regulations doesn't ban guns, it hopefully reduces those unsuitable from obtaining guns. It hopefully creates a safe gun culture. And that is only possible when the people want it. But those obsessed with giving everyone the Right to Bear Arms and not be Responsible to Bear Arms, America will continue to witness 1+ mass shooting a month. And don't think for one moment that changes in regulations bring overnight results, it takes decades and constant regulation tweaking.

With my clear background, I could easily join a local gun range, apply for a firearms certificate and go shoot an Uzi, but I have no interest, no bad guys are wanting to murder me, criminals on every corner are not wanting to violently mug me, and so on and so on with all these crazy scenarios gun nuts throw into the argument.

And if any good guy's reason to have a firearm is to simply have the maximum firepower to blast people away if they stepped on his land, then ask questions, THAT person is the worst person to own a gun.

And no, your government is not tyrannical.
It doesn’t matter if the guy with the rifle is good or bad, he won’t try anything if he knows everyone is armed.

If you can't pronounce it correctly you don't get access to it. Surface to air missile. Not Service to air missile
Yep, you are half correct. I didn't spell the missile correctly, Mea culpa.

However, being the far right wing neo fascist that you are, your motivation was not to correct me or embarrass me, it was an effort to smother the intent of my post. Had you not such a person you would have ignored the mistake and have written an expository rebuttal to my essay. Something you wouldn't and most likely couldn't do.

Not so simple. In your scenario the good guy could be shot by another good guy by mistake, and if everyone in a crowd was armed fire fight could occur.

Forum List

Back