Iguanas in Mexico !

Gotta love the one on your head Sandy, maybe that's what got you sick there, he pee'd on you! hahahaha! sorry, I know you don't feel good, but had to say that! :D

be careful what you wish for. I had an iguana, and it was ALOT of work. Plus they grow up to 6 feet long, so most of your home should be lizard-proofed. If you have kids, an iguana is NOT a good idea. same if you plan on becoming pregnant. I have to give up my iguana, Jub Jub, after becoming pregnant, because of the threat of salmonella. Not only that, is when they feel threatened, they whip their tails, and it is the same as being whipped by a leather strap...it HURTS and can bleed. Most iguana owners have several scars on their arms. When they get big enough, they have been known to break limbs with a whip of their large tails.

They also require a hot and humid environment, otherwise they cannot digest their food properly. Their diet is easy though. A few heads of romaine lettuce a week, lots of mixed veggies (the frozen kind, not canned). They also love fruits, mostly strawberries and grapes.

Jub Jub was about 2 years old and pretty tame. I gave him to the local Herpetological society here because i was afraid of him being adopted by people who did not know how to care for him.

I am not trying to discourage you from getting one, just make sure you are up to the challenge.

They had them everywhere on the resort !! It was awesome !!

Originally posted by HGROKIT
Sandy - if it becomes a pain to own - one word - JAMBALAYA!!!!

:rotflmao:

I will pass but thanks anyway ! ;)

Forum List

Back