If you're worried about China you should be worried about education and public health.

I think there's little chance of any sort of discussion with you, but I'll give you one more chance today.

We'll be talking about Taiwan and China's relationship with that country. You'll need to demonstrate some understanding of the topic, or there won't be any discussion.
When you demand that I “demonstrate understanding” what you mean is that I agree with you

Which I am obviously not going to do

Since china is an international issue I am willing to discuss it with foreigners like yourself

But if you choose not to its no skin off my nose

It's all very simple to understand.

China will honour the agreement on H.K. but China can't tolerate the inequality that has created great poverty in H.K. China's entire political ambitions is in creating a communist/capitalist system in which 'greedy' capitalism can't be tolerated.
Xi is aiming at achieving a content people by eliminating poverty through capitalist innovation that dictates sharing of their country's huge wealth.

This is the opposite of America's impending failure that can be blamed on 'greedy' capitalism that's promoting large scale poverty through lack of any limits on income inequality and capitalists' wealth.

Hong Kong represents the same lack of limits on capitalism as is practiced in America and that is simply not going to be permitted as China takes back its stolen territory from the British.

Have you read this?

You sound like one of the few that could understand it.
The piece offers some possible answers but I got the impression that there could be 'no' answer for America now.

It may be possible to have a serious conversation on this board but it's going to take some self-discipline from the rational ones to start ignoring what is mostly spamming. They're fearing a conversation that exposes the Trump insanity.
Noooo..... I'm afraid I'm not the right guy to discuss revolver's rwnj conspiracy theories with. Not sure where you got the idea I was.

Sorry.

It's watered down because the system has no way of preventing that from happening. And so the necessary amount that it will take for America to even catch up again isn't coming. I think that Biden and the Dems had it about right with the $3.5 trillion. The end result will be far, far short of that.
Have you been convinced that the $3.5 T is too much? Or do you consider it to be what is needed?

Most of the emphasis is on selling a winning spin to the people and that makes a failure into a success. $1T might make it through?

Nearly all Americans can see that big spending is needed. That's made clear by the comments on this board. Even the political right are saying it if one reads carefully what they're saying.

There was no clearer indication of the fact than the Jan.6 demonstration against government. And now huge numbers of Americans still believe that Trump is going to deliver. He obviously can't deliver because that would necessitate the taking down of the corruption that is his meal ticket.
The original $6 trillion wasn't quite big enough. We could spend all.of that and more on nothing but education and still fall.short of china's commitment.

The original $6 trillion wasn't quite big enough. We could spend all.of that and more on nothing but education and still fall.short of china's commitment.
I'll take your word for that.
I was being conservative about the 3.5 T, while being aware of the supposed 6T.
My main point was on the question of whether Bernie, Omar, AOC, and co. will allow Biden to spin the failure as a success?

I'll take your word for that.
I was being conservative about the 3.5 T, while being aware of the supposed 6T.
My main point was on the question of whether Bernie, Omar, AOC, and co. will allow Biden to spin the failure as a success?
In this political climate $5.00 is a success

In this political climate $5.00 is a success
I understand the frustration.
This board can be of some use for finding agreement on some things that are obvious, even though there's next to no logical or reasonable debate possible with the Trump crazies.
I'm not going to give them the satisfaction of even trying when they go off.

Forum List

Back