If you're unhappy in this country it's not the country's fault. It's you.

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
You're just a negative and miserable person if you don't love that you've been blessed with the chance to thrive in a country with so much opportunity. This country is amazing. Stop blaming it for your anger and ineptness. You need to sort that shit out in therapy.

It isn't just this country. Steven Pinker has talked and written about this extensively. Life has never been objectively better globally yet people act as if civilization is going to hell in a handbasket.

It isn't just this country. Steven Pinker has talked and written about this extensively. Life has never been objectively better globally yet people act as if civilization is going to hell in a handbasket.
Thats because of 2 things, and how they inter-relate:

Bad news...MAKES the news

2: Information is 24/7 and 365, and as fast as ever.

That's why folks' percieved reality (world is melting) is so far from the truth (its a VERY peaceful time, historically).

• Banned
Thats because of 2 things, and how they inter-relate:

Bad news...MAKES the news

2: Information is 24/7 and 365, and as fast as ever.

That's why folks' percieved reality (world is melting) is so far from the truth (its a VERY peaceful time, historically).

The media is definitely an opponent of sanity.

You're just a negative and miserable person if you don't love that you've been blessed with the chance to thrive in a country with so much opportunity. This country is amazing. Stop blaming it for your anger and ineptness. You need to sort that shit out in therapy.
Who exactly are you addressing here? Perhaps the Iowa farmers who are going bankrupt because they can no longer sell their soy beans to China? Is it the millions of people who don't have access to health care? Is it the survivors of mass shootings with weapons of war that were obtained legally? Please tell us how all of that is their fault.

Who exactly are you addressing here? Perhaps the Iowa farmers who are going bankrupt because they can no longer sell their soy beans to China? Is it the millions of people who don't have access to health care? Is it the survivors of mass shootings with weapons of war that were obtained legally? Please tell us how all of that is their fault.
I think youre missing the point, which is a broad one and not specific.

Nobody would say that some folks are not less fortunate in their circumstances. Thats completely ridiculous that you gleaned that from the OP, which is a commentary on the broader picture that our wealth, resources and violence per capita are all in historically good places. Per capita. By percent of the whole.

• Banned
TheProgressivePatriot

Do you expect paradise in a country of almost 350 million? I am not blaming people for bad things that happen to them. I am saying people that come to these forums to bitch and complain about how our country isn't good enough (people like you) have no idea how good they have it. Your bitterness towards the country is misplaced. Go to therapy.

The last time I was unhappy with the country was in 2003 with GW Bush's decision for regime change in Iraq. Proponents made it seem unpatriotic not to support the president. French jokes had me wondering were these folks in their right minds figuring Iraq would be nearly as grateful as the French over the years? The Christian population there went from 1.5 million to near extinction.

What the hell are lying for?

Exclusive: Ahead of trade talks, China makes biggest U.S. soybean purchases since June - traders - Reuters

If you're unhappy in this country it's not the country's fault. It's you
I’ll have to respectfully disagree with you.
Folks looking past their nose afford themselves the foresight to see where things are headed on the current trajectory. Intelligent, aware, courageous folks like the idea of being proactive.

Nobody would say that some folks are not less fortunate in their circumstances. Thats completely ridiculous that you gleaned that from the OP, which is a commentary on the broader picture that our wealth, resources and violence per capita are all in historically good places. Per capita. By percent of the whole.
I'm not missing the point at all. The OP is blaming the victims of inequality. He is denying that- but he most certainly is. Percentages do matter to those who are shut out.

I had a feeling you might. You're the perfect example of how it manifests on the right. I've seen you post here, seen the way you think. I find it hard to believe you're not miserable. Nobody can be that full of hate while maintaining general happiness. You need to look inward dude.

I'm not missing the point at all. The OP is blaming the victims of inequality. He is denying that- but he most certainly is. Percentages do matter to those who are shut out.

I love it when partisans tell me what I think and what point I'm trying to make as if they know better than I do.

Victims of inequality? WTF is that? You're a victim of stupidity.

TheProgressivePatriot

Do you expect paradise in a country of almost 350 million? I am not blaming people for bad things that happen to them. I am saying people that come to these forums to bitch and complain about how our country isn't good enough (people like you) have no idea how good they have it. Your bitterness towards the country is misplaced. Go to therapy.
No I don't expect paradise . I don't even expect equality. I do expect a degree of fairness. I know how good I have it,. I know how good many have it. I also know that many are suffering, and I know that the wealth of this country makes that suffering all the more despicable and immoral. I am not bitter and I don't need therapy. You need to go to OZ and get a brain

The only time I’ve been unhappy with this country is back in the late ‘60s when I was facing the draft.

Republicans hate this country. They want it to be an all white country where everybody’s packing a half dozen weapons and you don’t need education to earn a living.
It’s perfectly clear who they are and what they believe. And what they want is a country that doesn’t exist and has never existed.

I had a feeling you might. You're the perfect example of how it manifests on the right. I've seen you post here, seen the way you think. I find it hard to believe you're not miserable. Nobody can be that full of hate while maintaining general happiness. You need to look inward dude.

Haha...I’m in touch with reality and not afraid to confront it...weird that that bothers you..
”Look inward”...are you saying I should tuck my head in my ass and pretend shit isn’t happening? Isn’t that what nutless conservatives did for decades while forfeiting this nation to the Left? How’d that work out for you?

New Topics

Forum List

Back