If you're going south of the border...

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
Secret City under Denver Airport
A question for the well-travelled ones here.

If your planning on a trip in say, 2022, to Mexico or Central and South America- not a permanent move- say 4 to 6 weeks, without a translator accompanying you, how much Spanish should you know ? Just the basics, above average or would it be worth actually taking the time to learn it well ?

Of course, you can take one of these too.

Lima, Peru.

1601234658155.png

My lady friend told me that when I go south of the border, she prefers that I don't waste much time talking anyway.

The main tourist packages are probably gonna put you in a primarily English area anyway.

I wanna go to the Scandinavian countries myself.

If your planning on a trip in say, 2022, to Mexico or Central and South America- not a permanent move- say 4 to 6 weeks, without a translator accompanying you, how much Spanish should you know ? Just the basics, above average or would it be worth actually taking the time to learn it well ?

Lima, Peru.

View attachment 393717

You can probably find a girlfriend who can translate for you if you are going to be there for that long; try some online dating sites.

Lima, Peru.

View attachment 393717

You can probably find a girlfriend who can translate for you if you are going to be there for that long; try some online dating sites.

so danny when you did that did your date have an adams apple?....

Lima, Peru.

View attachment 393717

so danny when you did that did your date have an adams apple?....

lol. They are usually not asking for money if you are going over there and they are not claiming they want to come over here. Besides, you can learn a lot from a translator who probably makes money showing tourists, tourist sites.

Forum List

Back