If you're going south of the border...

Angelo

Platinum Member
Reaction score
A question for the well-travelled ones here.

If your planning on a trip in say, 2022, to Mexico or Central and South America- not a permanent move- say 4 to 6 weeks, without a translator accompanying you, how much Spanish should you know ? Just the basics, above average or would it be worth actually taking the time to learn it well ?

Of course, you can take one of these too.

Lima, Peru.

1601234658155.png

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My lady friend told me that when I go south of the border, she prefers that I don't waste much time talking anyway.

Natural Citizen

Platinum Member
Reaction score
The main tourist packages are probably gonna put you in a primarily English area anyway.

I wanna go to the Scandinavian countries myself.

danielpalos

Diamond Member
Reaction score

If your planning on a trip in say, 2022, to Mexico or Central and South America- not a permanent move- say 4 to 6 weeks, without a translator accompanying you, how much Spanish should you know ? Just the basics, above average or would it be worth actually taking the time to learn it well ?

Lima, Peru.

View attachment 393717
You can probably find a girlfriend who can translate for you if you are going to be there for that long; try some online dating sites.

Polishprince

Platinum Member
Reaction score
As long as you know a few key Spanish phrases like "hey ese , wassup holmes" you should do ok.

Harry Dresden

Adamantium Member
Reaction score

Lima, Peru.

View attachment 393717
You can probably find a girlfriend who can translate for you if you are going to be there for that long; try some online dating sites.
so danny when you did that did your date have an adams apple?....

danielpalos

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Lima, Peru.

View attachment 393717
so danny when you did that did your date have an adams apple?....
lol. They are usually not asking for money if you are going over there and they are not claiming they want to come over here. Besides, you can learn a lot from a translator who probably makes money showing tourists, tourist sites.

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List