If you were to pack up your bags & leave where would you travel right now?

Boulder, Colorado. Lots to do, lots to see. Healthiest place in the world. Friendly people. What more could anyone want?
Less expensive.
Boulder is brutally expensive.
The top 10 highest average home price cities in America - Colorado has three.

Boulder is beautiful. Downtown is beautiful. Scenery is beautiful.
You pay a LOT to live in that.

I really want to go to Alaska.
And no, not because there are several popular TV shows about Alaska... I have wanted to go there for decades.
One of the last areas on the planet where civilization is within reach, but still have miles and miles and miles of untouched nature.
Cold, yet bountiful.
And the beauty?

Uh...

lake-snow-mountain-wonder-lake-alaska.jpg

One of the last areas on the planet where civilization is within reach, but still have miles and miles and miles of untouched nature.
There are lots and lots and lots of areas on the planet where that is true.

There are lots and lots and lots of areas on the planet where that is true.
True, but as bountiful as Alaska?
And for sure, I am limited in my scope of the world.

This thread got Bonzi and I talking... places we WILL go before we die.
For me it is Alaska as #1.
For her it is Italy, not the touristy Rome or Venice, although I am sure they are fine.. but the off beat areas with amazing small restaurants and views like San Gimignano in Tuscany, both of our most desirable area of Italy.
After that for her... Norway, and for me Serengeti. I want to see those magnificent animals in their habitat. I have ZERO interest in the overcrowded tours.. I will pay the extra $2,000 to get a private tour with a well paid guide.

True, but as bountiful as Alaska?
And for sure, I am limited in my scope of the world.

This thread got Bonzi and I talking... places we WILL go before we die.
For me it is Alaska as #1.
For her it is Italy, not the touristy Rome or Venice, although I am sure they are fine.. but the off beat areas with amazing small restaurants and views like San Gimignano in Tuscany, both of our most desirable area of Italy.
After that for her... Norway, and for me Serengeti. I want to see those magnificent animals in their habitat. I have ZERO interest in the overcrowded tours.. I will pay the extra $2,000 to get a private tour with a well paid guide.
Alaska certainly is beautiful.

Great Lakes Waterway to the Atlantic, south to Bermuda, South West to Panama, West to the Galapagos, to the Southern Trades and via the South Pacific Islands to Australia

how-to-sail-across-the-pacific-crossing-tips-map.jpg

Where. Not even here inside the US. There’s too much crap going on with COVID… mandates, vaccine cards (not that I have one), etc… to consider any travel at all currently, or in the near future.

Oh, there is only one place in either this country or in the world that I would dare visit: JAPAN.

I have read (and believe) that one can walk down a Japanese street at midnight and no predator will bother you. The Japanese (at least in public) are civilized.

I certainly would never dare do something like that in any American city or any other city in the world with the possible exception of Finland and Norway and Iceland.
South Korea is very safe too. I have seen Korean school kids walking home around midnight safely. South Korea and Japan are the safest countries in the world in terms of crime, i believe. Singapore is very safe too in terms of crime but you can go to jail for the smallest offense.

Last edited:
I'd like to go to the Arenal volcano.....but gas is expensive and it takes an hour to get there. For now I'll just look out my bedroom window. Someone start a go-fund Hee
p2130030-1024x1024.jpg

Right at this very moment? New Jersey.

I know. Hear me out. I have been thinking about this all night. New Jersey has everything. I have a list of things that I am looking for in a place and things I wasn't.

New Jersey has mountains, waterfalls, rivers, ocean, hiking, boardwalks, bars with live music, art museums, theaters, grocery stores, international grocery stores, real bakeries, awesome restaurants, Rutgers, it's super close to NYC. So Broadway and stuff. AND LaGuardia. AND close to Allentown where I could go and sing Allentown. But, not out loud because that would be weird. I would just sing it really loud in my head.

Also, the Sopranos filming locations are there.

Forum List

Back