If you were the King........

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
(Not talking about Elvis here.)

If you were the King (or Queen) of a country and you were going to put together a 'book' that would be your official book of good behavior for your population, what religion, what writings would you choose? And why?

Point for clarification: Do you mean a book put together from the teachings of others?

Point for clarification: Do you mean a book put together from the teachings of others?

Yes. You are in charge. And you want your society to be a well behaved one. You want them to work, pay their taxes, be fair with one another, etc. etc. etc. What writings would you choose?

This can be modern or ancient, it really doesn't matter. Just give me a compilation of books/writings/sources, etc. that would constitute a meaty but not overwhelming read for the average person in the world that you want your country to be.

The more I wrestle with this question the more I am inclined to think that I wouldnt be compiling any one book to teach my people. I'd be encouraging people to learn from the wisdom of all books. I'd be encouraging people to seek to know God for themselves and allow them to have the freedom to worship as they chose.

Perhaps that's merely the fact that im an American and have no desire to be a king over a nation anytime soon.

The more I wrestle with this question the more I am inclined to think that I wouldnt be compiling any one book to teach my people. I'd be encouraging people to learn from the wisdom of all books. I'd be encouraging people to seek to know God for themselves and allow them to have the freedom to worship as they chose.

Perhaps that's merely the fact that im an American and have no desire to be a king over a nation anytime soon.

But surely you would offer up something as a guide. Seeing as how you want a peaceful well behaved society and all.

I'd make a coloring book.

What matters is the people who I rule over. It would be my responsibility to make sure there is an economy and that there is an active, powerful military for defense. (And offense if there was a terrorist attack)

No need for religion or other crap, peace and everyone's well being is what matters.

Jesus H Christ. This is a stupid thread. If I was king? I really doubt anyone knows what the hell they would do if they were given TOTAL power. All the nicy- nicy stuff aside, our true nature would surprise us. What philosophy we choose would be a superficial. Most of you would probably follow de Sade or Hitler's Mein Kampf. But, sure, we say THE BIBLE. Ya, right. Sure.

Jesus H Christ. This is a stupid thread. If I was king? I really doubt anyone knows what the hell they would do if they were given TOTAL power. All the nicy- nicy stuff aside, our true nature would surprise us. What philosophy we choose would be a superficial. Most of you would probably follow de Sade or Hitler's Mein Kampf. But, sure, we say THE BIBLE. Ya, right. Sure.

orgies

The point of this thread went over your head like a 747. Clearly there was a time in history when a king DID choose writings as the acceptable ones for his kingdom. The compilation even has his name on it.

I am asking, what writings would YOU compile if you had the weight of a nation on your shoulders. There are so many out there to choose from, if there is to be no response or only silly responses, then I can only assume the posters here cannot choose because they have not read them.

orgies

The gospel according to Larry Flynt! You outdo yourself MG! :lol:

orgies
you do realize that when you post [ orgies ] while your avatar is bending over with his naked ass in the air is gay ass hell don't you ?? :gay::gay: :lol::lol::lol:

If I was king... ah I'de have this place up and running in no time.

Wars off people, don't have to go but you can't stay there.

Take those troops, stick them all on the border.

Churches are to pay taxes like any other institution that collects money.

Pass a law declaring all funerals as sacred ground, anyone protesting a funeral is to be shot on sight.

Muslims must renounce their religion to become citizens, the beleif system is far to volatile.

Anyone who wants to become the next king must pass a grueling test about economics, American history, science, math and ethics. No idiots running the show.

Anything made in China will have a 50% import tax on it to reduce shipping of jobs.

Billionaires will get their tax cuts ONLY after they prove that they are creating jobs. (since that is the entire reason they get them, only seems right they should prove they are doing it.)

If you are PRO war and vote that we go to war, you MUST SERVE in that war. This will basically cut wars out entirely unless we absolutely must engage in it.

Hmm what else, horsewhip Bill O'reilly and Glen Beck for creating terror in the minds of half the country, getting them scared of their own shadow. Send every member of congress to jail.

If you are caught with a gun and don't have a licence for it, mandatory 30 years in prison. No parolle.

Food stamps last 3 months. cant get it together by then you're problem.

Jason Stratham is banned from acting as it causes mass stupidity in all that witness it.

This thread is no surprise ...to me anyway. I see people fight over ancient writings every day on discussion forums. But no one has read enough ancient writings to be able to choose any of them as a foundation for the society they would create! ;)

are you comparing de sade with hitler? if so, why?

and what have you read by de sade?

Forum List

Back