If you were President...

Would you accept a deficit deal that was 10-1 spending cuts to tax increases?

• Total voters
Perspective: Such a deal would go further than even Tom Coburn's $9 trillion plan from earlier this year that was $8 trillion spending cuts and $1 trillion tax increases.

That is because no one in the Congress has the betterment of the Contry or the Citizens in mind. All they care about is seeing how much they can enrich themselves while in office.

Voted "yes", but the devil is in the details. Letting the temporary tax cuts expire and closing loopholes or, better yet, reform the tax code to close most loopholes, is the most I'd like to see in the form of "tax increases".

Yes, but like WQ said, the caveat being the cuts come first, then the tax increase.

Otherwise the tax kicks in immediately and the cuts are forgotten.

Look at the Medicare fix...how many times congress voted to block implementing that cut?

Real cuts first, then we'll increase taxes.

Would you accept a deficit deal hammered out by Congress that has a 10-1 spending cuts to tax increases? All the GOP candidates for President wouldn't.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : 10-1 Spending Cuts

During last night's debate, Bret Baier asked all the candidates to raise their hand if they would refuse a deficit deal that was 10-1 spending cuts to tax increases. All raised their hands.

Nor would I. Reagan fell for it and the Democrats screwed him.. the spending cuts never happened.

Democrats can't be trusted to cut spending..

Nor would I. Reagan fell for it and the Democrats screwed him.. the spending cuts never happened.

Democrats can't be trusted to cut spending..

That's right! Only Democrats can't be trusted to cut spending! Which is why I was so glad when President Bush was in office, him and the Republicans who controlled both parts of Congress cut all that sp- Oh.

Would you accept a deficit deal hammered out by Congress that has a 10-1 spending cuts to tax increases? All the GOP candidates for President wouldn't.

The American Spectator : AmSpecBlog : 10-1 Spending Cuts

During last night's debate, Bret Baier asked all the candidates to raise their hand if they would refuse a deficit deal that was 10-1 spending cuts to tax increases. All raised their hands.

I would support cutting $10 trillion from Medicare and SS, and adding $1 trillion for more defense spending.

Forum List

Back