If YOU were in control...

Bet you change your mind when you get old.

Actually, being old myself I have first hand knowledge how useless we are ... my mother's final advice to me was "being 80-something sucks" ... I believe her ...
No one is useless due to age. Even people living with major disabilities and require family assistance (if they're lucky enough to have that) are never a burden to society. Anyone who thinks so should be given a nice wake up call and have those circumstances happen to them later in life.

People who are useless choose to be that way. It's a shame, and there is no reason for it given improved education, that the US is behind others (Japan for one) when it comes to honoring people who are beyond retirement age.

I used to be an ageist when I was around 18 or so. At that age I honestly thought there was no way anyone was having any fun after age 35 or so lol even though I had very active parents who frequently enjoyed the fruits of their labor. As an average 18 year old, I didn't see much beyond my own face. That short-sighted perception still makes me laugh. Those who are ageists need glasses, thankfully I learned soon enough.

Everything being relative, I've told my teenage daughter, who happens to love calling me an "old fossil" every so often and I tell her in jest that she needs to respect her queen, to just wait until she's older and how that perception changes big time.

I don't know what the answer is but I do know I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand like Trump did.

Not true, thats a lie. Trump surrounded himself with experts to deal with the virus and got things done. Trump said the virus would disappear but its understood that people know the virus was still around, everyone has tv and internet. it's understood that he was simply trying to remain positive and its also understood that left wing Democrats were ready to pounce and accuse him no matter what his words were.

He dismissed his experts opinions.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/19/cor...-disaster-says-people-are-tired-of-covid.html

Fauci is not the only expert to listen to. I know that Trump took advice from Fauci but also from other experts who hold contrary views to Fauci. Both ends of the spectrum needed to be considered, not just listening to virologists who while expert in that one field, may be missing other
threats to the population.

No "expert" sided with Trump.

I don't know what the answer is but I do know I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand like Trump did.

Not true, thats a lie. Trump surrounded himself with experts to deal with the virus and got things done. Trump said the virus would disappear but its understood that people know the virus was still around, everyone has tv and internet. it's understood that he was simply trying to remain positive and its also understood that left wing Democrats were ready to pounce and accuse him no matter what his words were.
Let us know what your plan of attack is, instead of talking trash. That's the entire point of this thread. Don't be an armchair quaterback.

Refer to post 35. In this one I was responding to trash

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/19/cor...-disaster-says-people-are-tired-of-covid.html

Fauci is not the only expert to listen to. I know that Trump took advice from Fauci but also from other experts who hold contrary views to Fauci. Both ends of the spectrum needed to be considered, not just listening to virologists who while expert in that one field, may be missing other

There are some scientists at Stanford that might disagree with you, but OF COURSE, your probably much more intelligent than they are. There is at least one advisor from Stanford that I'm aware of, and undoubtedly he wouldn't be the only one. how is it that you know he didn't listen to anyone else?

Only one person responded with their view, everyone is still being an armchair quarterback.
Okay, you've shamed me into it! lol kidding:) Hard one. I'd give the citizens 100% factual information without any other agenda in mind (CDC guidelines continuing to change every other week making it hard to trust their findings) and let them decide on an individual basis as far as going out in public mask or no mask.

I'd leave it up to business owners to decide whether or not to require masks within their premises, and people who don't feel safe in businesses without a mask requirement (posted outside) don't have to go to those businesses. I take the virus seriously, but private business owner's rights should be protected considering long-term implications for any federally mandated action.

Health care providers and various affiliates, seeing numerous patients daily, should all be required to wear protective covering/masks. I'd prefer state mandates as opposed to federal regarding healthcare regulations. If states didn't move on it, I'd issue a federal one. I cannot imagine how it would feel to wear not just a mask, but two to three layers of masks over a 12 hour shift, but it just makes sense to have them suited up.

People with pre-existing conditions are the most susceptible and have succumbed very quickly to this virus. I had a friend recently die from it who had MD since high school. The only symptom he had was a cough the night before he died in his kitchen the next day and other than the new cough his parents said he was doing well.

Do I think these masks-the ones being used mainly-are effective? A little perhaps. People still touch various surfaces/door handles in particular and wipe their eyes while out and about wearing a mask, many adjust and move their masks constantly while wearing one, and many itch their faces under the masks while out in public.

Reportedly, the 2020-21 flu season is down in numbers. If that isn't the case wearing masks to prevent viruses is a total scam. I never could wrap my mind around the previous statement a few months back by the CDC that wearing a mask "protects others but doesn't protect the one wearing it" lol wth? I guess after a few important types must have questioned the validity of that statement, they've revised it to say now that it not only protects others but the wearer as well. They really should consider a stand up act at this point with their conflicting statements. Admittedly yes, I am still pointing fingers.

There are some scientists at Stanford that might disagree with you, but OF COURSE, your probably much more intelligent than they are. There is at least one advisor from Stanford that I'm aware of, and undoubtedly he wouldn't be the only one. how is it that you know he didn't listen to anyone else?

It was obvious .

Well then why are you still here, take the drive into the brick wall, do the world a favor..

I still have some value. I know that because I still get a paycheck every Thursday.
I used to get a paycheck from some one who liked what i did, with Fixing F-15s and such. While doing this work, i amassed a small fortune, thus having at least $400,000 a year income. So what you are saying is that i am too old to be having this income so i must be put to death?

Listen up fools, nobody read the post correctly or your too scared to speak up. TELL US YOUR IDEAS, DON'T TALK CRAP ON EVERYONE ELSES.

And Ardronjum, utilities still work if nobody's in the building. My wife works for the water dept and everyone goes home at 5:00 and the water still works.
Utilities still work huh? If everyone is supposed to be shut down, and there is a problem who will fix it? Just asking because we all know, man creates stuff that never breaks, right?

If it were me... total hands off. No Federal interference, assistance or involvement. We could use a cleansing of our elderly, infirm and incapable.
So when do you consider people elderly? Does a 30 year old think a 45 year old needs to be cleansed. Does an 19 year old think 30s should be eliminated?

35 years is plenty of time to raise kids ... after that we serve no purpose other than consume without producing ... like a milk cow too old to be freshened ... off to the dog food factory ...
You first.

Everyone likes to put the blame on everyone, and talk crap on everyone's ideas about how to take care of Covid. So lets take a moment to put your big boy panties on and tell us how YOU would take care of the issue if you were president. I know, the president isn't responsible and he doesn't have control like that, but just putting this out there for arguments sake. And lets make a rule, you can't talk shit on someones response without putting your own idea out there.

Mine? I would go the complete 100% total shut down of the entire country with exception of the medical industry for 2 weeks, and grocery stores would be closed for 1 week. EVERYTHING else is closed, no exception. The country would look like a creepy holocaust ghost town for a bit. Can't leave the fucking house. Wanna see a movie? Fuck off. Want to go to the park? Fuck off. Feelings are hurt little snowflake? Fuck off. I'm in control and this is how I wanna do it. After 2 weeks of complete shut down, we go back to how we were before Covid was and issue, back to 2019. Still want to wear a mask and stay inside and police everyone else? More power to you, but yes, you can fuck off also. I'm sure this won't solve Covid, and that's why I'm not in charge. Let's hear your ideas.

What’s the scientific basis for you saying that? I’ve yet to here one expert express their desire for anything similar as to what you’re saying.
He squatted and bore down.

Everyone likes to put the blame on everyone, and talk crap on everyone's ideas about how to take care of Covid. So lets take a moment to put your big boy panties on and tell us how YOU would take care of the issue if you were president. I know, the president isn't responsible and he doesn't have control like that, but just putting this out there for arguments sake. And lets make a rule, you can't talk shit on someones response without putting your own idea out there.

Mine? I would go the complete 100% total shut down of the entire country with exception of the medical industry for 2 weeks, and grocery stores would be closed for 1 week. EVERYTHING else is closed, no exception. The country would look like a creepy holocaust ghost town for a bit. Can't leave the fucking house. Wanna see a movie? Fuck off. Want to go to the park? Fuck off. Feelings are hurt little snowflake? Fuck off. I'm in control and this is how I wanna do it. After 2 weeks of complete shut down, we go back to how we were before Covid was and issue, back to 2019. Still want to wear a mask and stay inside and police everyone else? More power to you, but yes, you can fuck off also. I'm sure this won't solve Covid, and that's why I'm not in charge. Let's hear your ideas.
Round up fuckers like you and air drop them into Canada.

Round up fuckers like you and air drop them into Canada.
From 30,000 feet..

Other countries have done what you propose and it has been a complete failure.
Israel had 2 100% 3 week lockdowns where the IDF did all of your shopping, garbage collection, etc...
It hasn't made a dent in controlling the numbers of COVID.

For those who check out the International news on a daily basis, many European and Asian nations tried this and it's failed.

Listen up fools, nobody read the post correctly or your too scared to speak up. TELL US YOUR IDEAS, DON'T TALK CRAP ON EVERYONE ELSES.

And Ardronjum, utilities still work if nobody's in the building. My wife works for the water dept and everyone goes home at 5:00 and the water still works.

This whiny little bitch posts this shit and then storms out of the board crying because were "mean" to him?

Bet you change your mind when you get old.

Actually, being old myself I have first hand knowledge how useless we are ... my mother's final advice to me was "being 80-something sucks" ... I believe her ...
Have you asked Clint Eastwood or Betty White? They work but will get back to you time permitting. Maybe Ernestine Shepard can tell you about getting old. She's an 84 year old bodybuilder. She teaches aerobics and physical fitness. Why do you have the idea that old people are decrepit

Have you asked Clint Eastwood or Betty White? They work but will get back to you time permitting. Maybe Ernestine Shepard can tell you about getting old. She's an 84 year old bodybuilder. She teaches aerobics and physical fitness. Why do you have the idea that old people are decrepit

I didn't say decrepit ... though I wish I had ... I said useless ... thank you for the examples ...

Forum List

Back