If you like Sci Fi check out Silent Sea on Netflix

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

Really good Scifi without all the Hollywood woke nonsense. It's truly a shame that South Korea has more original ideas than Hollywood's rehashed and retconed nonsense.
It's a short 8 episode series that has an ORIGINAL plot line. I only wish that they'd have followed up a bit more with the ending but I suppose that leaves it open to the possibility of a second season. Having said that it doesn't need it to feel complete.

Enjoy

It's truly a shame that South Korea has more original ideas than Hollywood's rehashed and retconed nonsense.

I can see a great similarity between that and the movie "Aliens". The abandoned ship, Even the "bio-signal" being detected on their little meter is straight out of "Aliens":

Yeah, I don't know that I'd laud the South Koreans as being anything special...

• Banned
I can see a great similarity between that and the movie "Aliens". The abandoned ship, Even the "bio-signal" being detected on their little meter is straight out of "Aliens":

Yeah, I don't know that I'd laud the South Koreans as being anything special...

The similarities are superficial at best. I don't want to spoil anything so I'll just leave it at that.

• Banned
Yeah, I don't know that I'd laud the South Koreans as being anything special
As to this I can tell you for the past 6 months their programming is almost all I have watched and the variety is pretty impressive.
Starting out the programs we're hard to find as I didn't know what to look for but as time went buy Neflix started showing me more and more options.

Monster shows
Mythological shows
Period piece shows
Cop shows
Gangster shows
SciFi shows
Comedies
Different types of dramas

There is a ton. While the acting can be a bit weird at times the foundations for the shows are solid.
I'll take mediocre acting over good acting with shoehorned in social preaching anyday

Really good Scifi without all the Hollywood woke nonsense. It's truly a shame that South Korea has more original ideas than Hollywood's rehashed and retconed nonsense.
It's a short 8 episode series that has an ORIGINAL plot line. I only wish that they'd have followed up a bit more with the ending but I suppose that leaves it open to the possibility of a second season. Having said that it doesn't need it to feel complete.

Enjoy

I've been promoting South Korean movies for years. They make movies and TV shows which are far superior to Hollywood.

I have Silent Sea in my queue.

There was a korean War movie series that was awesome on netflick once.......but I can't remember the name anymore. But it was awesome. showed them taking the same ground over and over again and ended up both sides drinking in the end.

Enjoy

Thanks for the recommendation. I've watched 3 episode. The acting is good and story is original. It is better than most sci-fi on Netflix but that's not saying much.
However, I have the same problem with this movie, I have with other foreign movies. First, it is dubbed which means the dialog is going to be awkward at best. With dubbing, the actors voice and delivery is lost in translation which is a major part of their performance. The same is true with subtitles. There have been many fine foreign movies I have enjoyed but I have always felt they would have better if they were in my native language.

Thanks for the recommendation. I've watched 3 episode. The acting is good and story is original. It is better than most sci-fi on Netflix but that's not saying much.
However, I have the same problem with this movie, I have with other foreign movies. First, it is dubbed which means the dialog is going to be awkward at best. With dubbing, the actors voice and delivery is lost in translation which is a major part of their performance. The same is true with subtitles. There have been many fine foreign movies I have enjoyed but I have always felt they would have better if they were in my native language.
I hate dubbing. I always watch with the original language and subtitles.

I don't bother with dubs. Like you said everything gets lost in translation. I don't mind reading subtitles

I hate dubbing. I always watch with the original language and subtitles.
So do I usually. However even with subtitles you lose stuff. Such as reading subtitles instead absorbing great cinematography. And if you do not speak the language at all much of the actors inflections and emphases are lost in subtitling. I guess it's better than nothing.

Forum List

Back