If you lease a car, see what your buy-out is and compare current values at Carfax.com. You could walk away with some cash

I've only leased a couple cars in my life, but in those cases when I went back to the leasing company about turning in the car early, they said, "Sure, just make all the payments (i.e., 36), and you can turn it in any time!"

Have things changed?

I read something about that the other day. I don't think most lease agreements will allow you to sell it directly to a buyer like Carvana, you have to buy it yourself first then resell it.

I had that happen. The buyout on my Hybrid Fusion was sixteen grand. The dealer offered me twenty two grand for it and told me he could put it on the lot and get at least twenty four for it without doing anything except washing and detailing it. I decided to keep it since there were no Mavericks available anywhere.

I read something about that the other day. I don't think most lease agreements will allow you to sell it directly to a buyer like Carvana, you have to buy it yourself first then resell it.
That's because you dont own the car. I have leased cars before, and the ownership papers show the leasing company. Can't sell what you don't own.

Forum List

Back