What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you lease a car, see what your buy-out is and compare current values at Carfax.com. You could walk away with some cash

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've only leased a couple cars in my life, but in those cases when I went back to the leasing company about turning in the car early, they said, "Sure, just make all the payments (i.e., 36), and you can turn it in any time!"

Have things changed?

DGS49

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Parenthetically, Vroom made me a very nice offer for my VW Touareg. But I own it.

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I read something about that the other day. I don't think most lease agreements will allow you to sell it directly to a buyer like Carvana, you have to buy it yourself first then resell it.

AZrailwhale

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I had that happen. The buyout on my Hybrid Fusion was sixteen grand. The dealer offered me twenty two grand for it and told me he could put it on the lot and get at least twenty four for it without doing anything except washing and detailing it. I decided to keep it since there were no Mavericks available anywhere.

AsherN

Silver Member
Reaction score
I read something about that the other day. I don't think most lease agreements will allow you to sell it directly to a buyer like Carvana, you have to buy it yourself first then resell it.
That's because you dont own the car. I have leased cars before, and the ownership papers show the leasing company. Can't sell what you don't own.

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$80.00
Goal
$350.00

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List