If you dislike Christians, this is the video for you!

Not until fairly recently... frankly, most of my lifetime, when gay people were portrayed on TV at all, they were portrayed as offensive stereotypes.

I'm old enough to remember when the Christian Right went apeshit over "Hello, Sidney", where Tony Randall played a gay man. He wasn't having sex at all, he was just playing a character who was gay.
Now it's super cool to be gay and the world loves it!

Well, because I think the vaccines are crap, I've been told I should die and my family would be glad when I do.

Over vaccines. But that's all good.

Always look for who it's socially acceptable to get your hate on for.

Yup, lots of division over vaccines.

I get told a lot of hateful things, often from conservative Christians.

Now it's super cool to be gay and the world loves it!
I wouldn’t say the World loves it but it is more acceptable in Western Europe, Canada and the U.S. while less acceptable in other parts of the World…

Here is my thing and if we are going to hold someone sexuality accountable because of our religious beliefs then shouldn’t we hold all sins accountable in the same manner?

I see divorce and adulatory in Movies and TV all the time and it is even promoted while also promoting sex outside marriage, and for me that is as sinful as being gay.

Just my opinion but maybe Heterosexual people should first focus on their sins before focusing on others who sin.

Again, the follower of the ways of Jesus of Nazareth do not need to roar like lions for their message to be heard but their actions will be louder than any words that would not be heard by those deaf to their message.

I wouldn’t say the World loves it but it is more acceptable in Western Europe, Canada and the U.S. while less acceptable in other parts of the World…

Here is my thing and if we are going to hold someone sexuality accountable because of our religious beliefs then shouldn’t we hold all sins accountable in the same manner?

I see divorce and adulatory in Movies and TV all the time and it is even promoted while also promoting sex outside marriage, and for me that is as sinful as being gay.

Just my opinion but maybe Heterosexual people should first focus on their sins before focusing on others who sin.

Again, the follower of the ways of Jesus of Nazareth do not roar like lions for their message to be hear but their actions will louder than any words that would not be heard by those deaf to their message.
I totally agree with you in that we need to worry about our sins rather than another's.

I totally agree with you in that we need to worry about our sins rather than another's.
But we never are…

We see the sins of others while ignoring our own sins and that truly amazes me.

I always say to someone never tell me of my sin you should ask yourself why I have sinned and what you have done to cause me to sin?

See as much as I sound mentally crazy I know what I do is wrong and never deny it but my sins are not with me and humanity but with thy father who created all this and let thy father judge me for my sins and believe it or not I am at peace with myself over that BUT I am never at peace allowing a sinful person pass judgement of me…

We all sin and thing is to reflect daily on our lives with meditation and prayer and ask for forgiveness and try not to do it again, but all humans will fail which is why we must focus and understand we are not perfect but we must try to be understanding and learn from our imperfections.

I know I come off a some weird religious nutter but if you met me in real life you wouldn’t believe I am the person writing these words…

So as I finish I am a sinner and try not to judge but as all humans I fail and when I do I sit at the end of the day and reflect and the following day I atone for my sins by doing deeds through the day from simply sharing a meal, talking to someone that is angry and doing something just because it is the right thing to do and to me that is what Jesus of Nazareth is teaching me with his words but maybe I am just as blinded of a fool and fail to see his teachings correctly…

I know I come off a some weird religious ranger but if you met me in real life you wouldn’t believe I am the person writing these words
My brother, I'm right there with you. Nobody would guess me as a believer in Christ and I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

We see the fallen nature of mankind in action and the attention they give to ways of the world.

Divorce was frowned upon until the government said, Divorce is fine. People who previously held divorce to be wrong rushed to get divorces, even though they professed to be people of God who had been warned against the ways of the world.

Abortion was frowned upon until the government said, "Abortion is fine, in fact is a woman's right." People who then rushed to get abortions even though they professed to be people of God who had been warned against the ways of the world.

Next, "Give homosexuality positive attention and freed back" and now that the government (the world) has given permission, people do just that.

Government says, "Men can say they are women and women can say they are men" and the people fall into line.

Government: Put on your mask! And people put on their masks.

Government: Turn in your parents! Your children! Your neighbors! And people do.

We are a worldly people, who when told to turn on people who are not of this world will readily do so.

We are sheep. Who believe the government is our shepherd. A government that believes and treats us as not only stupid, but expendable. Other sheep can always be brought in.

We see the fallen nature of mankind in action and the attention they give to ways of the world.

Wow... I'm going to have fun with this...

Divorce was frowned upon until the government said, Divorce is fine. People who previously held divorce to be wrong rushed to get divorces, even though they professed to be people of God who had been warned against the ways of the world.
So let's look at that. Yes, divorce was frowned upon when WOMEN WERE CONSIDERED PROPERTY. And how dare the property get uppity and want a divorce from a man who is cheating on her, beating her or otherwise making her life miserable.

Then this fat idiot came along....
1627813814398.png

... and just like that, divorces were cool. Unless you were Catholic, then you had to bribe a bunch of repressed homosexuals into giving you an annulment.

Abortion was frowned upon until the government said, "Abortion is fine, in fact is a woman's right." People who then rushed to get abortions even though they professed to be people of God who had been warned against the ways of the world.
A couple of problems here.

First, Abortion is never specifically prohibited by the bible, and in fact, most anti-abortion laws didn't start appearing until the mid-19th century. This was about the same time that professional Doctors (Men) started replacing midwives in the administration of pre-natal care. Before that, midwives would help women who really didn't want that fifth child they couldn't feed end their pregnancy.

After men decided abortion was bad, women still had them. All Roe vs. Wade did was make what everyone was already doing legal.

Next, "Give homosexuality positive attention and freed back" and now that the government (the world) has given permission, people do just that.

Again, do you really think that gay people only started existing when government told them they could? Are you really this naïve?

This kind of hits close to home to me, because I had an aunt who was gay. Because she had the bad luck to grow up in a family of devout Catholics in the 1950's, she instead pretended to be straight (that lasted about a year, but they never got divorced, just "separated" for 40 years), and she was pretty miserable.

Government says, "Men can say they are women and women can say they are men" and the people fall into line.

Do you think that Transgenderism only started when government started recognizing it?

Government: Put on your mask! And people put on their masks.
Um, yeah, unlike scapula's and yarmulkes and crosses, masks have a defined benefit that can be scientifically proven.

Government: Turn in your parents! Your children! Your neighbors! And people do.

Wow, I missed a memo... When did this happen?

We are a worldly people, who when told to turn on people who are not of this world will readily do so.

We are sheep. Who believe the government is our shepherd. A government that believes and treats us as not only stupid, but expendable. Other sheep can always be brought in.

Oh, I agree, most people are sheep. Organized religion counts on people being sheep.

So let's compare.

Religion- Do what we say, and you will get a benefit after you are dead, we totes promise.

Democracy - We all agree on what we want to do, and you will get a benefit in this life.

I'll take Democracy, thanks.

Forum List

Back