If you could remove or add to the constitution what would it be?

Repeal the Third Amendment !
so you want property taken to quarter troops?
I say repeal the 16th amendment

I think we pay enough for our military that they don’t have to quarter in peoples homes
they werent there because they couldnt afford housing you dumbass,,
Actually, there were no Holiday Inns back then
again not the reason they were housed in peoples homes,,
if you werent such a dumbass you would know that,,,
Repeal the Third Amendment!
why???
It is an insult of our freedom to house the military
no idiot it prevents the government from taking your property it doesn't prevent anyone from freely giving
It is unpatriotic not to house the military. Especially if you have a spare bedroom
Not that they would be mooching, they can bring MREs
thats a pathetic reason,,,and spits in the face of why its there to start with,,,

OH and I do house them with my taxs,,,
The Third Amendment is Unpatriotic and UnAmerican
People should proudly house soldiers.

If you didn’t have the Third Amendment, you wouldn’t need the Second.
If you have an armed soldier in your house, who needs firearms?
The third amendment is there to keep the government from confiscating your property dumbass
That would be the fifth amendment
actually it's also the third because if the government is using your property to house troops they have confiscated said property

Patriotic Americans support their armed forces.
If you have a trained killing machine in your home, you no longer need a personal weapon making the Second Amendment moot
so you want every american to have a 24 hr a day personal security person provided by the government,,,

that doesnt sound oppressive,,,,NOT
It will keep us safe
from who???
the 2nd is meant to protect us from the government,,,

Repeal the Seventeenth Amendment. Our founders wisely set up our government so that our States would be represented in Washington. Imagine how much more fiscally responsible Washington would be if the Senate rejected every unfunded mandate passed on to the States.

Text
The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

When vacancies happen in the representation of any State in the Senate, the executive authority of such State shall issue writs of election to fill such vacancies: Provided, That the legislature of any State may empower the executive thereof to make temporary appointments until the people fill the vacancies by election as the legislature may direct.
This amendment shall not be so construed as to affect the election or term of any Senator chosen before it becomes valid as part of the Constitution.
I know, imagine the travesty of allowing people to elect their representatives

That's why it is called the HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.
Senators represent the people not political party hacks
Actually the creation of the 17the amendment opened the lobbyist door.
Like any elected official that has to take in political contributions they represent those who gave them the most donations
Prior to the 17th amendment, Senators were selected in back room deals and were not accountable to.....We the People
Yawn..........your daddy woodrow would be proud of you.

The only issue was divided states and changing power in some states......causing legislatures to argue for replacements...........there wasn't CAREER SENATORS before that......

I think we pay enough for our military that they don’t have to quarter in peoples homes
why???
no idiot it prevents the government from taking your property it doesn't prevent anyone from freely giving
It is unpatriotic not to house the military. Especially if you have a spare bedroom
thats a pathetic reason,,,and spits in the face of why its there to start with,,,

The third amendment is there to keep the government from confiscating your property dumbass
actually it's also the third because if the government is using your property to house troops they have confiscated said property

If you have a trained killing machine in your home, you no longer need a personal weapon making the Second Amendment moot
So you support President Trump glad to hear that
I knew you were a closet Trump supporter.
Trump is a trained killing machine?

What about the bone spurs?
he's actually the commander and chief Trump supporter

why???

so you want every american to have a 24 hr a day personal security person provided by the government,,,

that doesnt sound oppressive,,,,NOT
It will keep us safe
No one needs safe what we need is liberty you stooge

The budget has to be balanced, and Congress cannot steal funds by voting to tap the Social Security system.

Another flaw is failure of the Congress to discipline itself. Today's discipline is one of clever manipulation of the people's money into Congressional pockets.

For some reason, the Democrats decided that to get what they want, they have to get money from governments that are given handouts in the form of sending over a Vice President to intimidate third world countries on the dole out of up to 1/3 of what they were given so the Democrats can beat up Republicans with all that money they extorted with Biden's pressure to put money Congress appropriated to foreign countries into the DNC Party campaign funds. I can't believe Biden is not in jail right now because of his career in extorting funds from countries who just received a lot of money from taxpayers in the United States due to House extortion cooperation.

That's just so wrong, letting Joe Biden off the hook because he was a Vice-President.

Criminal acts is why he is important. That's wrong, too.

Close. But eliminate the Social Security system over 75 years. Freeze the system at the current valuation and no new contributions. Save your own damn money and leave government out of it. If you don't/won't save, well, tough shit. Government cannot give any money to any person or entity except for fair value received in kind.

Corporations are not persons and have no constitutional rights or protections. Only people are people. Corporations cannot be charged with crimes; only people can. When people who work for corporations commit crimes for their employers, they go to prison.

The government cannot borrow money except in war declared by Congress. Each budget must include paying all of the interest on the current debt and paying 2 per cent of the principle. In 50 years we're out of debt.
I had jobs from 1957 - 2009. Social Security was withdrawn from my paychecks for all those years with the understanding that I would be taken care of when I retired. I found out that instead of increasing the fund with interest payments the money earned, Congress had started tapping Social Security funds starting with the Johnson administration on to pay for whatever Congress decided to use the money for. That's a long time to believe the money taken out of every paycheck I ever got was not set aside for me, because the fund was in the news from time to time saying Social Security was bankrupt and nearing an end. The Obama administration withheld my payments for 5 consecutive months for one reason or another. At the same time, the federal government was handing out Obama phones to beat the band for people who never paid a nickel in federal taxes. Something's wrong with this picture, that's all.

And you should get yours. That's why I said over 75 years. But no new dollars should be collected and no new obligation should be taken on. For those in between you and a newborn, they get back based on what they paid in but better start saving their own money for the rest. What is unfair in any way about that?

I know, imagine the travesty of allowing people to elect their representatives

Your ignorance is showing. The Senate was never supposed to be the representative of the people. For that there is another part of Congress you may have heard of: The House of Representatives.

The Senate was to be the representative of the States. Remember that whole Federation/Union thing? The 17th Amendment destroyed that.

There were three very critical parts of the design of our nation:
  • Apportioned taxes
  • Houses of Congress representing the people and representing the States
  • The Electoral College

By passing the 16th Amendment, allowing direct taxes on income without apportionment, the citizens became citizens of the Federal Government before that of the states. When the Federal Government now has the ability to control your behavior by taxes then you become more accountable and compliant to the Federal Government.

The 17th Amendment did away with the State representation in Federal Government. Now the States are powerless except to try to get through the Courts - courts appointed by the Federal machine. Between taxation and loss of representation, the states lost all of their power in what had originally been a union of all-powerful States.

The last leg of our representative republic is the Electoral College. The left is working feverishly to eliminate this last obstacle to their complete control over the union. As soon as they can eliminate that, then California and New York liberals run the nation. It is over.

The budget has to be balanced, and Congress cannot steal funds by voting to tap the Social Security system.

Another flaw is failure of the Congress to discipline itself. Today's discipline is one of clever manipulation of the people's money into Congressional pockets.

For some reason, the Democrats decided that to get what they want, they have to get money from governments that are given handouts in the form of sending over a Vice President to intimidate third world countries on the dole out of up to 1/3 of what they were given so the Democrats can beat up Republicans with all that money they extorted with Biden's pressure to put money Congress appropriated to foreign countries into the DNC Party campaign funds. I can't believe Biden is not in jail right now because of his career in extorting funds from countries who just received a lot of money from taxpayers in the United States due to House extortion cooperation.

That's just so wrong, letting Joe Biden off the hook because he was a Vice-President.

Close. But eliminate the Social Security system over 75 years. Freeze the system at the current valuation and no new contributions. Save your own damn money and leave government out of it. If you don't/won't save, well, tough shit. Government cannot give any money to any person or entity except for fair value received in kind.

Corporations are not persons and have no constitutional rights or protections. Only people are people. Corporations cannot be charged with crimes; only people can. When people who work for corporations commit crimes for their employers, they go to prison.

The government cannot borrow money except in war declared by Congress. Each budget must include paying all of the interest on the current debt and paying 2 per cent of the principle. In 50 years we're out of debt.
I had jobs from 1957 - 2009. Social Security was withdrawn from my paychecks for all those years with the understanding that I would be taken care of when I retired. I found out that instead of increasing the fund with interest payments the money earned, Congress had started tapping Social Security funds starting with the Johnson administration on to pay for whatever Congress decided to use the money for. That's a long time to believe the money taken out of every paycheck I ever got was not set aside for me, because the fund was in the news from time to time saying Social Security was bankrupt and nearing an end. The Obama administration withheld my payments for 5 consecutive months for one reason or another. At the same time, the federal government was handing out Obama phones to beat the band for people who never paid a nickel in federal taxes. Something's wrong with this picture, that's all.

And you should get yours. That's why I said over 75 years. But no new dollars should be collected and no new obligation should be taken on. For those in between you and a newborn, they get back based on what they paid in but better start saving their own money for the rest. What is unfair in any way about that?
What is unfair about that? The locals in 75 years raised the taxes from $30 a year on land to $8,000 per annum, some pay $10,000 or more who have bigger places and more mouths to feed come roundup time. When you subtract thousands of dollars away from social security checks, there's enough to pay utilities, but not enough to buy groceries and gasoline to put in my 20-year-old truck to go get them with. The last time the well ran dry, I had to borrow $2,000 from my brother to fix the well until I went through the process of getting cash from my market account I was saving for a rainy day, which took 2 months. You can't get water out of a rock except by divine intervention. I seem to always be one truck repair away from fiscal disaster, because my savings will not last forever, and the local pols think their lives should be as luxurious as the DC pols.

What is unfair about that? The locals in 75 years raised the taxes from $30 a year on land to $8,000 per annum, some pay $10,000 or more who have bigger places and more mouths to feed come roundup time. When you subtract thousands of dollars away from social security checks, there's enough to pay utilities, but not enough to buy groceries and gasoline to put in my 20-year-old truck to go get them with. The last time the well ran dry, I had to borrow $2,000 from my brother to fix the well until I went through the process of getting cash from my market account I was saving for a rainy day, which took 2 months. You can't get water out of a rock except by divine intervention. I seem to always be one truck repair away from fiscal disaster, because my savings will not last forever, and the local pols think their lives should be as luxurious as the DC pols.
Did you read anything I wrote? My suggestion was a zero loss suggestion. Everything you paid in gets credited and you get the Social Security. But you quit paying in on the day the hypothetical amendment is enacted. You take the money you were paying in and invest it yourself. You make more money off of it than you would collecting Social Security.

You should consider talking to a tax/retirement advisor. They will tell you that you're far better off managing your own retirement plan than letting the government do it.

Believe me; you want this. You're hamstrung because you've already paid into social security but if you've not retired yet, every dollar you don't pay them is a dollar you can pay yourself. Save it and get far more in return.

Here’s what needs doing...

1. Term limits. No more than two terms for anyone in Congress.
2. Public funding applies to congress and president. No private money allowed.
3. Return Senate positions to governor’s choice.
4. Strict adherence to the Bill of Rights, which means the immediate elimination of the NSA, CIA, FBI, and any other agencies spying on Americans.
5. Reduce the military by 75%. Close the Pentagon and dismantle the JCS.
6. Something must be done about the Judiciary branch, but I haven’t figured that out yet.
Why two terms when at least the first will be pissed away running for the second? We can change the length of time for a term but let's limit it to a single term with the stipulation that they'll have to sit out an equal length to time after that term is up as John Q public citizen and tax payer before they can serve in ANY other public office. It sounds like of, by and for the people is a good idea and it's about time we gave it a try. As it is we have a system that attracts our worst. Let's try a system that attracts our best for a change.
Sounds good to me.

However something has to be gone with the judicial system. It is terribly corrupt and imprisons far too many innocent people, mostly poor and minorities.

Justice is far from blind and is for sale. The rich often get off, while the poor get railroaded.
The trouble with our judicial system is that there are never any consequences for fucking up or being an asshole. The same problem exists with the rest of our government. I have some ideas of how to improve our judicial system while introducing more justice into the system. It would set our current system on it's ear.

Here’s what needs doing...

1. Term limits. No more than two terms for anyone in Congress.
2. Public funding applies to congress and president. No private money allowed.
3. Return Senate positions to governor’s choice.
4. Strict adherence to the Bill of Rights, which means the immediate elimination of the NSA, CIA, FBI, and any other agencies spying on Americans.
5. Reduce the military by 75%. Close the Pentagon and dismantle the JCS.
6. Something must be done about the Judiciary branch, but I haven’t figured that out yet.
Why two terms when at least the first will be pissed away running for the second? We can change the length of time for a term but let's limit it to a single term with the stipulation that they'll have to sit out an equal length to time after that term is up as John Q public citizen and tax payer before they can serve in ANY other public office. It sounds like of, by and for the people is a good idea and it's about time we gave it a try. As it is we have a system that attracts our worst. Let's try a system that attracts our best for a change.
Sounds good to me.

However something has to be gone with the judicial system. It is terribly corrupt and imprisons far too many innocent people, mostly poor and minorities.

Justice is far from blind and is for sale. The rich often get off, while the poor get railroaded.
The trouble with our judicial system is that there are never any consequences for fucking up or being an asshole. The same problem exists with the rest of our government. I have some ideas of how to improve our judicial system while introducing more justice into the system. It would set our current system on it's ear.
How do you square that analysis with the fact that our nation imprisons more people than any other nation?

~~~~~~~
I would also include that life long pensions be removed from Representatives and the would be required to pay into Social Security and be required to no longer vote for their pay raises and accept CPI increases only.
Representatives of Congress loses their current health plan and participate in the same health care system as American tax-payers.
Term limits should also be required two terms for Senators and three terms for Congress people.

There's way too much baby-making and generational bullshit going on there, and other people, who don't have a seat at the local city council or county board of commissioners, are getting screwed put of their money royally. That's what's unfair about it.
By passing the 16th Amendment, allowing direct taxes on income without apportionment,
The personal and corporate income taxation without apportionment or representation needs to be removed from the Constitution.

The federal government, Navy, Army etc. can subsist on import duties.

Interesting to see what you all
Would do if you had the votes
I would strength the 2nd amendment and make it clear in the Constitution that NO Government can TAKE property from anyone for a crime EXCEPT to pay the victims of the crime. I would repel the 2 term President amendment. And I would require that raises to Congress and the president be voted on by the people.

would strength the 2nd amendment and make it clear in the Constitution that NO Government can TAKE property from anyone for a crime EXCEPT to pay the victims of the crime
You're full of shit in a court of law, dude. Some lady feels scared, or her feelings are hurt, and she's demanding monetary compensation from such a wealthy gentleman of the district before moving on to the next relationship. Plus her boyfriend is pulling a knife on the alleged assailant in a back alley somewhere there are no witnesses but a wink and a nod from the local cops for the sake of omertà and respect for the ladies, gentlemen please tip your hats for the madam of the court.

Conversely, you're leaving out civil law entirely, which in that interpretation is only used anymore for civil commitment and involuntary psychiatric treatment, not for enforcement of contracts and fair trade.

Forum List

Back