If you could only own one gun....the AR-15 is a good choice....

Thats like saying, 'If I could only have one tool, would it be screwdriver or pliers?'.

It would really depend on the situation was I found myself in.

And how long I might be in that situation.

Pliers. I could file one end into a common screwdriver. Depending on the thickness maybe a modified Phillips on the other side.

Pliers and screwdrivers are for brain surgeons. My one tool would be a big f*cking hammer.

:04:

Last edited:
Thats like saying, 'If I could only have one tool, would it be screwdriver or pliers?'.

Pliers. I could file one end into a common screwdriver. Depending on the thickness maybe a modified Phillips on the other side.

Pliers and screwdrivers are for brain surgeons. My one tool would be a big f*cking hammer.

Brute force. If it isn’t working; you just aren’t using enough of it!

Oh, I agree. If you can't fix it, get a big F***ing hammer and F*** it up so no one else can. Make you a F***ing genius.

My name is Mighty Thor and I support this message.

06-thor_flying.jpg

My name is Mighty Thor and I support this message.

06-thor_flying.jpg

I ran out of TP and had to use a Newspaper and I got mighty Thor

Of course, with the surface removed, they wouldn't make very practical pliers.

If they are surface hardened at all. Could torch and dip then temper have a good tool :)

Here.....a look at why people like the AR-15 civilian rifle for self defense...

If You Could Only Own One Gun, An AR-15 Is A Great Choice Too

While in many respects, a shotgun is indeed a great (the best?) choice if you can only own one gun…but an AR-15 is also a darn good option.

In fact, an AR pattern rifle is a better choice in certain regards, though not as much in others. Shotguns are a little more ubiquitous, it’s true, but America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 comes darn close.

For starters, the AR-15 is one of the easiest weapon systems to learn. Since it’s a rifle, it is – like a shotgun – easier to be reliably accurate with for most shooters than a handgun, so long as the sighting system (be it iron sights, a red dot, or magnified optic) is zeroed.

Insert magazine, pull back the charging handle, and place it on safe. In case of bad guy, take safety off, aim and fire. Pretty darned simple.

Also, an AR-15 is far easier for most women to handle, which is one area where a shotgun (particularly the most popular 12 gauge variety) falls short. The length of pull on many smoothbores is frequently too long and a woman who isn’t used to the recoil of a 12-gauge (or even some 20 gauges for that matter) may be hesitant with one.

870 DM.

Insert magazine, rack slide, put on safe. Bad guys, squirrels, deer, rabbits, ducks, geese...try that with an AR. Less than lethal bean bags and rubber shot, flares, dragons breath and flash bangs.

Super cheap reloading equipment and easily reloadable shells.

Don't get me wrong...I love ARs...but not even a contest with a shotgun if I can only have one.

And with the 870DM and whatever the Mossberg variant is... you don't have to give up interchangeable magazines.

Here.....a look at why people like the AR-15 civilian rifle for self defense...

If You Could Only Own One Gun, An AR-15 Is A Great Choice Too

While in many respects, a shotgun is indeed a great (the best?) choice if you can only own one gun…but an AR-15 is also a darn good option.

In fact, an AR pattern rifle is a better choice in certain regards, though not as much in others. Shotguns are a little more ubiquitous, it’s true, but America’s favorite rifle, the AR-15 comes darn close.

For starters, the AR-15 is one of the easiest weapon systems to learn. Since it’s a rifle, it is – like a shotgun – easier to be reliably accurate with for most shooters than a handgun, so long as the sighting system (be it iron sights, a red dot, or magnified optic) is zeroed.

Insert magazine, pull back the charging handle, and place it on safe. In case of bad guy, take safety off, aim and fire. Pretty darned simple.

Also, an AR-15 is far easier for most women to handle, which is one area where a shotgun (particularly the most popular 12 gauge variety) falls short. The length of pull on many smoothbores is frequently too long and a woman who isn’t used to the recoil of a 12-gauge (or even some 20 gauges for that matter) may be hesitant with one.
I’m glad the article recognized straight away the versatility of the shotgun. Little else can really compare. Especially in a “if I could only own one gun” scenario. A shotgun can even be used to get an AR...

For starters, America's favorite Rifle is the Savage Model 60. And there is nothing more frightening than the racking of a Model 870 12 gauge in a dark room no matter what you are armed with.
Tactical error my friend. It should already be chambered.

Rack it, quickly followed with a "Ya'll would be smart to just leave". Of course, said from behind the couch. Hate to break to all of you Rexall Rangers but most people aren't cold blooded killers.

You also better hope they also don't know the difference between cover and concealment...

For starters, America's favorite Rifle is the Savage Model 60. And there is nothing more frightening than the racking of a Model 870 12 gauge in a dark room no matter what you are armed with.

Old information. The Ruger 10/22 surpassed the Savage long ago. But a .22 is popular because they are inexpensive to shoot. .223 is about $0.40 a round, 9mm about the same, .306 is $1.50 a round, 30-30 ditto. The humble .22 is pennies, and still fun to shoot.

Forum List

Back