If you can sue a gun manufacturer for a gun doing what it's designed to do...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
...then there really are no limits anymore, the law has gone insane.

I ate some donuts today. Tomorrow I will sue if I've gained weight.

That was an idiotic ruling on the SC's part. The company's not being sued because they manufactured a firearm that goes "bang" everytime you pull the trigger, Remington is being sued over something about how their marketing "inspired" Lanza to commit his mass shooting.

I've read hundreds of advertisements in gun magazines and seen the Henry rifle commercials on television, and none of them ever inspired me to want to shoot someone.

This bunch of SC justices are obviously not gun people.

That was an idiotic ruling on the SC's part. The company's not being sued because they manufactured a firearm that goes "bang" everytime you pull the trigger, Remington is being sued over something about how their marketing "inspired" Lanza to commit his mass shooting.

I've read hundreds of advertisements in gun magazines and seen the Henry rifle commercials on television, and none of them ever inspired me to want to shoot someone.

Doesn't SCOTUS have a Republican majority?

who is suing gun manufacturers for making guns that do what they are supposed to do? That sounds like a rather silly lawsuit, doesn’t sound like that’s the whole story. Got a link?

Doesn't SCOTUS have a Republican majority?

Not all Republicans are gun folks. Some of them are Fudds.

I ate some donuts today. Tomorrow I will sue if I've gained weight.
..fine--that's ''hurting'' you--not someone else ..you are not even dead then......HUGE difference
..and, firearms are designed to KILL--plain and simple...donuts are not designed to kill

killing vs eating/food !!!

Last edited:
You’re clearly ignorant of the issue and the law – likely willfully so.

No, it is you who is ignorant. What this ruling has done is end manufacturing in this country.

Somebody robs a bank? Sue the car maker that got them there.

Somebody hits a pedestrian? Sue the carmaker for making the car. No car, no hit pedestrian.

Some kid is unfortunately locked in a refrigerator. Yup, sue the maker.

This is the idiotic consequence of decisions made by fools.

Like you

It's not a matter of what it was designed to do, it was who they marketed to that was the problem.

They are being sued because they saw the Lanza family - crazy people who had no business owning guns to start with - as a prime market.

westwal said:
Somebody robs a bank? Sue the car maker that got them there.

Somebody hits a pedestrian? Sue the carmaker for making the car. No car, no hit pedestrian.

We Will See These Lawsuits
Count On It
And Popeye's Chicken Sandwich Too

No, it is you who is ignorant. What this ruling has done is end manufacturing in this country.

This is the idiotic consequence of decisions made by fools.

Like you

You do realize that refrigerators were essentially redesigned because too many kids locked themselves into them, right?

That's why we went from THIS

images

to this..

images

Okay, so now that we've cleared that up for you, let's look what happened.

The Gun Industry made a conscious decision to market their products to gun nuts like Nancy Lanza after hunting fell out of favor with most people. Which is how we went from this...

upload_2019-11-13_5-8-15.jpeg

To THIS>>>>

upload_2019-11-13_5-8-38.jpeg

In short, the decision was made to market more dangerous weapons to more unstable people. That's were you got the crazy talk about how "I needs my guns to fights the government" that seems to be the NRA's rallying cry.

It's not a matter of what it was designed to do, it was who they marketed to that was the problem.

They are being sued because they saw the Lanza family - crazy people who had no business owning guns to start with - as a prime market.

No, they are being sued because progressives can't rule the way they want so long as the people are armed.
This is about power, and nothing more.

No, they are being sued because progressives can't rule the way they want so long as the people are armed.

Guy, the government has tanks... they laugh at your guns.

This is about 33,000 deaths, 70,000 injuries, 270 BILLION in economic losses.

This is about active shooter drills, security cameras, metal detectors, that we all have to live with because you have a fetish.

Guy, the government has tanks... they laugh at your guns.

This is about 33,000 deaths, 70,000 injuries, 270 BILLION in economic losses.

This is about active shooter drills, security cameras, metal detectors, that we all have to live with because you have a fetish.
Too bad for you there's a Second Amendment.

Forum List

Back