If you believe in aliens, can you still believe in God?

BecauseIKnow

Rookie
Aug 5, 2012
Tell me your opinion.

I personally see it as blasphemy. But I think it would be an interesting topic.

Since it seems many people do believe in aliens.

Now I don't mean believing in anther intelligent species, I could believe that.

But if you believe they created us, is it still reasonable to say you believe in God?

• Banned
Why not?

Would not have God created them, too?

If its that way, then yes.

But if you believe aliens created us, then no?

I personally don't believe aliens exist yet.

I could believe another creation exists elsewhere on the Universe, because depending on what you read. I have seen a verse that says there is other, and don't rule it out.

Why not?

I could believe another creation exists elsewhere on the Universe, because depending on what you read. I have seen a verse that says there is other, and don't rule it out.

That's two different questions, isn't it?

Do you believe in aliens?

Do you believe aliens created us?

My answers, yes and no.

• Banned
Why not?

My answers, yes and no.

Technically, yes.

But can the two go together.

And if you believe in God what purpose are the aliens here for?

I don't believe in aliens. So...

My answers, yes and no.

Technically, yes.

With billions of other worlds out there, the odds are against our being the only intelligent species around. I don't see the existence of God and aliens to be mutually exclusive. Why do you?

• Banned

My answers, yes and no.

Technically, yes.

With billions of other worlds out there, the odds are against our being the only intelligent species around. I don't see the existence of God and aliens to be mutually exclusive. Why do you?

If one believes in God, I can't see why he has no involvement in aliens.

But I can't stand something's people say regarding aliens. Or how they will take over earth one day. It really ticks me off.

It requires two separate and independent beliefs.

I believe in aliens and I believe that aliens created all life on earth. Then abandoned their creation.

No it doesn't make sense that way.

• Banned
It requires two separate and independent beliefs.

I believe in aliens and I believe that aliens created all life on earth. Then abandoned their creation.

No it doesn't make sense that way.

I thought you were a Christian the whole time? :confused:

You should specify if you mean "alien life" or "Alien visitation". I believe that there is probably life on other planets, probably even in our own solar system in the form of single celled organisms, but I don't believe that there is sentient life anywhere remotely near us let alone visiting us.

And I do believe in God.

You should specify if you mean "alien life" or "Alien visitation". I believe that there is probably life on other planets, probably even in our own solar system in the form of single celled organisms, but I don't believe that there is sentient life anywhere remotely near us let alone visiting us.

And I do believe in God.

Okay. That's understandable, by alien you mean a unknown intelligent species, right?

And I do believe in God.

Okay. That's understandable, by alien you mean a unknown intelligent species, right?

Not necessarily. there's Alien Life, and sentient alien life. I suppose after reading you subsequent posts that you mean sentient life. My answer then is that I don't believe that there are life forms capable of space travel anywhere remotely close enough to have visited us. therefor, they could not have created us.

And I do believe in God.

Not necessarily. there's Alien Life, and sentient alien life. I suppose after reading you subsequent posts that you mean sentient life. My answer then is that I don't believe that there are life forms capable of space travel anywhere remotely close enough to have visited us. therefor, they could not have created us.

Good answer. Just a note, Christians, Jews or Muslims shouldn't be allowed to question that something other than God created us, right? Since it is blasphemy I'm sure.

WTF?

(A) Oddball already answered the silly OP "question."

THEN (B) the author of the silly OP changed the terms. Some shit about aliens creating humans? :cuckoo: And then konradv answered that.

Close this stupid thread. It's done.

WTF?

THEN (B) the author of the silly OP changed the terms. Some shit about aliens creating humans? :cuckoo: And then konradv answered that.

I actually said that in the first post. Look again. But of course you would only come here to bash me.

Pope Benny endorses UFO's...
:cool:
Vatican: It's OK to Believe in Aliens
Tuesday, May. 13, 2008 — Believing that the universe may contain alien life does not contradict a faith in God, the Vatican's chief astronomer said in an interview published Tuesday.
The Rev. Jose Gabriel Funes, the Jesuit director of the Vatican Observatory, was quoted as saying the vastness of the universe means it is possible there could be other forms of life outside Earth, even intelligent ones. "How can we rule out that life may have developed elsewhere?" Funes said. "Just as we consider earthly creatures as 'a brother,' and 'sister,' why should we not talk about an 'extraterrestrial brother'? It would still be part of creation."

In the interview by the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano, Funes said that such a notion "doesn't contradict our faith" because aliens would still be God's creatures. Ruling out the existence of aliens would be like "putting limits" on God's creative freedom, he said. The interview, headlined "The extraterrestrial is my brother," covered a variety of topics including the relationship between the Roman Catholic Church and science, and the theological implications of the existence of alien life.

Funes said science, especially astronomy, does not contradict religion, touching on a theme of Pope Benedict XVI, who has made exploring the relationship between faith and reason a key aspect of his papacy. The Bible "is not a science book," Funes said, adding that he believes the Big Bang theory is the most "reasonable" explanation for the creation of the universe. The theory says the universe began billions of years ago in the explosion of a single, super-dense point that contained all matter.

(Link is expired but it was a TIME article)

WTF?

I actually said that in the first post. Look again. But of course you would only come here to bash me.

Well who the FUCK exactly EVER argued that aliens created humans?

And given that you did grunt out that notion in your OP, how is it that your 2nd "question" hasn't been answered already?

Anyway: Of course a God who can create an entire Universe and all the life we know of on planet Earth COULD also have created "life" in places we can barely even discern.

But why would ANYONE assume that humanity got "created" by aliens?

Given the constraints of the vast distances involved and the limits on how fast objects can travel through space, is there any credible evidence that any other (alien) race has ever visited us or even could? And if they can't even GET here, how the fuck could they be involved in "creating" us?

Tell me your opinion.

But if you believe they created us, is it still reasonable to say you believe in God?

rather arrogant to think/believe that we are the only life in this entire universe.

And "god" is not us... which means alien.

WTF?

Well who the FUCK exactly EVER argued that aliens created humans?

And given that you did grunt out that notion in your OP, how is it that your 2nd "question" hasn't been answered already?

Anyway: Of course a God who can create an entire Universe and all the life we know of on planet Earth COULD also have created "life" in places we can barely even discern.

But why would ANYONE assume that humanity got "created" by aliens?

Given the constraints of the vast distances involved and the limits on how fast objects can travel through space, is there any credible evidence that any other (alien) race has ever visited us or even could? And if they can't even GET here, how the fuck could they be involved in "creating" us?

That's why I asked for opinions and a discussion. Dickhead.

I have heard people suggest that.

Tell me your opinion.

rather arrogant to think/believe that we are the only life in this entire universe.

And "god" is not us... which means alien.

I never said that I believe we are the only life in the Universe.

Forum List

Back