If You Believe in Abortion You Are Not Catholic And Cannot Take Communion

Does this apply to the Death Penalty as well? The Catholic Church's position on life is unimpeachable.

Two entirely different issues....but you knew that
The sanctity of life doesn't have an asterisk as a Catholic. It's why I'm opposed to both. Folks want it both ways, but these teachings are unimpeachable, but you knew that.

What crime did an unborn baby do to deserve death?

God himself has dealt out death as punishment. It's Biblical

None whatsoever.

Yes, it's for God to deal death as a punishment. Not man. I was taught to be unconditionally pro-life much in the fashion of Pope Saint John Paul II.

Sorry, there is absolutely no correlation to killing an innocent unborn child to executing someone who murders people.

In fact Biblically speaking if you support the sin of killing the unborn you're just as guilty of doing it. (Not saying you do)
I can’t abide the discarding of life in any instance. These are the deeply held I beliefs was taught and still hold today. If you agree, that’s okay. We just disagree.

True that But the moment you lose a loved one to murder you'll rethink your position.

Trust me I've been there.

Bottom line....there is absolutely no reason to kill an unborn child in the age of today. Multiple methods of birth control, men need to share responsibility and cover.

It's all about personal responsibility and lack of it is no damn reason a baby should be murdered...and yes it's murder
My favorite uncle was murdered in a premeditated fashion. The death penalty was on the table and I spoke out in court against it during sentencing phase comments. The death penalty isn’t justice, it’s vengeance.

Does this apply to the Death Penalty as well? The Catholic Church's position on life is unimpeachable.

The sanctity of life doesn't have an asterisk as a Catholic. It's why I'm opposed to both. Folks want it both ways, but these teachings are unimpeachable, but you knew that.

None whatsoever.

Yes, it's for God to deal death as a punishment. Not man. I was taught to be unconditionally pro-life much in the fashion of Pope Saint John Paul II.

Sorry, there is absolutely no correlation to killing an innocent unborn child to executing someone who murders people.

In fact Biblically speaking if you support the sin of killing the unborn you're just as guilty of doing it. (Not saying you do)
I can’t abide the discarding of life in any instance. These are the deeply held I beliefs was taught and still hold today. If you agree, that’s okay. We just disagree.

True that But the moment you lose a loved one to murder you'll rethink your position.

Bottom line....there is absolutely no reason to kill an unborn child in the age of today. Multiple methods of birth control, men need to share responsibility and cover.

It's all about personal responsibility and lack of it is no damn reason a baby should be murdered...and yes it's murder
My favorite uncle was murdered in a premeditated fashion. The death penalty was on the table and I spoke out court against it during sentencing phase comments. The death penalty isn’t justice, it’s vengeance.

Well maybe you're a better person than I am.

Or maybe not, I do find it interesting which of God's laws you pick and choose to follow though.

That's a mystery and to be honest you've given me food for thought on a few occasions

None whatsoever.

My favorite uncle was murdered in a premeditated fashion. The death penalty was on the table and I spoke out in court against it during sentencing phase comments. The death penalty isn’t justice, it’s vengeance.
I don’t no where I‘d lean if I were in your shoes. For or against the death penalty, you gave me food for thought. I don’t think of the death penalty as vengeance, I look at it as a solemn punishment for one that took the life of another. To me it is a reminder of how sacred life is. Thank you for the great discourse and dialogue today. Enjoyed it.

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
I remember when I was over in the war and my wife and me would send tapes back and forth. My little girl sent me one and she said "daddy please come home alive." I sent her one back and I told her "baby girl you're dad is coming home...alive." You think I would abort her? No way dude. I kept my promise.

It's too bad we don't understand that the kids in other countries want the same thing.
So people in the United States of America are supposed to feel guilty? Fuck you.

Absolutely. You seem to be another that only pretends to be pro-life. Life doesn't end at birth.

Where does it say that in the bible?

You guys are obsessed by saving the life of a foetus from an unwanted pregnancy to a girl destined to poverty but never show any consideration for that child after it's birth but instead chortle and bleat how you have upheld gods laws. Bullshit. Its your own laws etc your wanting obey. Its your filthy religion interfering with women's rights to their body. No one or religion has that right but you sanctamonious pompous godbothering derelicts take it upon yourself to interfere regardless.

Mind your own bloody business. Do so.ething about your Catholic wives having abortions but still attend church with a gut full of contraception.
Do something about the priest rooting little boys. You know, the ones you give money to every Sunday as payment for doing it.
When has your filthy religion spent hundreds of millions of dollars like Bill gates has , to save children's lives in Africa etc?
Why doesn't you fraudulent churches pat taxes like every other business?

You just don't get it. You are 24 carat gold plated hypocrites.
So if someone murders you we should let that person go free?

Now you are being silly.

Your believe that it is murder because your religion is against abortion. But there's no mention of it in the bible. In fact, it was included in the teachings by the heirachy.
Under American law it is not illegal to have an abortion and never ever was. The godbotherers told everyone it was. So get some facts.

Democrats are not responsible for murdering babies. They passed a law to allow women to control their bodies, not the church.
So, if it's murder, why aren't you pursuing those religious women who regularly have abortions and use contraception (like your wife possibly) and have them charged?
Because it's not illegal dummy.

So why should religious doctrine determine domestic policy in a secular nation? If we let that happen we are no better than half the nations in the Mideast where religious leaders run the country.

You don't get it , BT. The bishops of the RCC don't determine policy for the government.

They determine policy for the church and the requirements for church membership.

And if Sleepy Joe wants to be a member of the RCC in good standing, the bishops of the RCC have a right to enforce the rules. And Biden always has the option of quitting the RCC and joining with Episcopalianism , agnosticism, or other religion if he doesn't want to follow the rules.
I remember when I was over in the war and my wife and me would send tapes back and forth. My little girl sent me one and she said "daddy please come home alive." I sent her one back and I told her "baby girl you're dad is coming home...alive." You think I would abort her? No way dude. I kept my promise.

It's too bad we don't understand that the kids in other countries want the same thing.
So people in the United States of America are supposed to feel guilty? Fuck you.

Absolutely. You seem to be another that only pretends to be pro-life. Life doesn't end at birth.

You guys are obsessed by saving the life of a foetus from an unwanted pregnancy to a girl destined to poverty but never show any consideration for that child after it's birth but instead chortle and bleat how you have upheld gods laws. Bullshit. Its your own laws etc your wanting obey. Its your filthy religion interfering with women's rights to their body. No one or religion has that right but you sanctamonious pompous godbothering derelicts take it upon yourself to interfere regardless.

Mind your own bloody business. Do so.ething about your Catholic wives having abortions but still attend church with a gut full of contraception.
Do something about the priest rooting little boys. You know, the ones you give money to every Sunday as payment for doing it.
When has your filthy religion spent hundreds of millions of dollars like Bill gates has , to save children's lives in Africa etc?

Now you are being silly.

Your believe that it is murder because your religion is against abortion. But there's no mention of it in the bible. In fact, it was included in the teachings by the heirachy.
Under American law it is not illegal to have an abortion and never ever was. The godbotherers told everyone it was. So get some facts.

Democrats are not responsible for murdering babies. They passed a law to allow women to control their bodies, not the church.
So, if it's murder, why aren't you pursuing those religious women who regularly have abortions and use contraception (like your wife possibly) and have them charged?
It's not my religion, it's my morals do you have any?

Remember clown in some jurisdiction's it's double homicide if you kill a pregnant woman.

Now you are being silly.

Remember clown in some jurisdiction's it's double homicide if you kill a pregnant woman.

If you had morals and principles, you would support woman's rights to control their bodies. Its religion is the problem and you know it.

I dispute you statement about double homicide. Prove it or shut up.

Leftists, like their master Satan, love abortion.

Here we go again. A godbotherer can't help himself but to inject a bit of religion into the debate.

Why would anyone love abortions and consequently include Satan as a participant?
Is that the best you've got?
You jesus junkies don't have an ounce of intelligence. Blinded from reality by your filthy bible. You have no right to comment when using religion as justification for anything. Apart from it being ridiculous.

Now you are being silly.

If you had morals and principles, you would support woman's rights to control their bodies. Its religion is the problem and you know it.

You dispute common knowledge on double homicide? What are you 12 years old?

And once again it's called morals, killing another human being is wrong either abortion , or the death penalty

I believe allowing the owner of the baby factory the choice to terminate a developing fetus as opposed to forcing her to bring a new life into the world, and the science to safely do that, while persevering the baby factory for future use, sets us apart from all the other animals in natures kingdom.
Phooey! Babies are not made in a factory, asshat. Beyond that insanity, calling a woman a 'baby factory' reflects your low regard for good men and women having children and raising families.

Stripping a woman’s right to decide when and if to have a baby, reduces her to a baby factory.

A gestating fetus is not a “baby”. Furthermore you have still not addressed the actual issue of why women have abortions in the first place. You have no universal healthcare. You have no mandated maternity leave or job security for pregnant women. You have the highest rate of maternal death in childbirth an infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world.

When you care about living breathing people, as much as you care about the unborn, you can complain about abortion.

But it’s still a woman’s right to choose and it always will be. You either make it legal or women will go to illegal abortion providers.
The courts have ruled that women have a right to an abortion, I'm good with that. However don't cheapen or dismiss the life of the unborn just so you can feel better about it.

I’m not the one who is cheapening life here. You cheap in the lives of women who are forced to make these financial decisions because of the failure of your government to provide any sort of basic encouragement for them to have babies.

No maternity leave. No family leave. No universal healthcare. The abortion rate in Canada is half that of the USA and abortions are free here and easily obtained.

Abortion in Canada is a matter between a woman and her doctor and it’s paid for by our government funded healthcare. We have mandated maternity leave. We have job security for pregnant women. We have universal healthcare for both woman and her baby paid for by our taxes.

If you want to save “innocent lives”, ypu could start with maternity leaves, and subsidized daycare. All the shit that Republicans are refusing to pass right now.
U
I believe allowing the owner of the baby factory the choice to terminate a developing fetus as opposed to forcing her to bring a new life into the world, and the science to safely do that, while persevering the baby factory for future use, sets us apart from all the other animals in natures kingdom.
Phooey! Babies are not made in a factory, asshat. Beyond that insanity, calling a woman a 'baby factory' reflects your low regard for good men and women having children and raising families.

Stripping a woman’s right to decide when and if to have a baby, reduces her to a baby factory.

A gestating fetus is not a “baby”. Furthermore you have still not addressed the actual issue of why women have abortions in the first place. You have no universal healthcare. You have no mandated maternity leave or job security for pregnant women. You have the highest rate of maternal death in childbirth an infant mortality in the first year of life, in the first world.

When you care about living breathing people, as much as you care about the unborn, you can complain about abortion.

But it’s still a woman’s right to choose and it always will be. You either make it legal or women will go to illegal abortion providers.
The courts have ruled that women have a right to an abortion, I'm good with that. However don't cheapen or dismiss the life of the unborn just so you can feel better about it.

I’m not the one who is cheapening life here. You cheap in the lives of women who are forced to make these financial decisions because of the failure of your government to provide any sort of basic encouragement for them to have babies.

No maternity leave. No family leave. No universal healthcare. The abortion rate in Canada is half that of the USA and abortions are free here and easily obtained.

Abortion in Canada is a matter between a woman and her doctor and it’s paid for by our government funded healthcare. We have mandated maternity leave. We have job security for pregnant women. We have universal healthcare for both woman and her baby paid for by our taxes.

If you want to save “innocent lives”, ypu could start with maternity leaves, and subsidized daycare. All the shit that Republicans are refusing to pass right now.
How do I cheapen life? I am not forcing anyone to do anything, I said if a woman wants to have an abortion, that is their decision but they should not fool themselves by denying science. They are ending a human life. At least educate yourself on exactly what you are doing to make an informed decision.
I’m not a Republican, I haven’t voted for a Republican President for many years, so stop with the stupid knee jerk partisan BS.

That is not true.
To be a human being, you have to be conscious and self aware.
That does not happen even at birth, but likely later than that even.
So there is no science claiming a fetus or unborn baby is a human being yet.
The science says that the historic precedence is that even birth does not make one a full human being yet.

Science says no such thing,

Yes science does say that life begins with self awareness after birth.
If you are not yet born, you can not possibly be conscious or then care about anything.

No it doesn't. I respect that people can have a different opinion than mine but I do no respect when they have to lie to defend that position.

Whether you care or not you are still ALIVE.

Sex is not just normal, but required for mental and physical well being.
Celibacy is not normal and is very harmful.
There are condoms, pills and many ways to enjoy sex. A woman does not need to be inseminated to enjoy sex and a man doesn't need to inseminate a woman to enjoy sex. My question is why do women always play the victim? If a woman has sex and kills her baby that's on her and no one else typically.

The only people playing victim in this scenario are men who don’t get to have a say in whether a woman will carry their baby to term.

It is you who are trying to create victims in this piece. You’ve made a lot of false and defamatory statements against women who have abortions. You’ve called these women unfeeling murderers of innocent babies.

By the time they are 40, 1/4 of all American women will of had at least one abortion. So basically you have issues with a quarter of the women in the United States

Fully 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Men aren’t even aware that this happens. Nothing is done to save these babies. Doctors and science accept those losses as a “fact of life”. Church’s call them “God’s will”.

But if a woman says, I can’t take on another child, she’s a slut and a murderer. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Sex is not just normal, but required for mental and physical well being.
Celibacy is not normal and is very harmful.
There are condoms, pills and many ways to enjoy sex. A woman does not need to be inseminated to enjoy sex and a man doesn't need to inseminate a woman to enjoy sex. My question is why do women always play the victim? If a woman has sex and kills her baby that's on her and no one else typically.

The only people playing victim in this scenario are men who don’t get to have a say in whether a woman will carry their baby to term.

It is you who are trying to create victims in this piece. You’ve made a lot of false and defamatory statements against women who have abortions. You’ve called these women unfeeling murderers of innocent babies.

By the time they are 40, 1/4 of all American women will of had at least one abortion. So basically you have issues with a quarter of the women in the United States

Fully 1/3 of all pregnancies end in miscarriage. Men aren’t even aware that this happens. Nothing is done to save these babies. Doctors and science accept those losses as a “fact of life”. Church’s call them “God’s will”.

But if a woman says, I can’t take on another child, she’s a slut and a murderer. Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage.

Miscarriage - Symptoms and causes

Nearly one in four women in the United States (23.7%) will have an abortion by age 45,

Abortion Is a Common Experience for U.S. Women, Despite Dramatic Declines in Rates

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat.
Do you delude yourself that you wield such power, contravening the highest authority in the Church, kowtowing to an aberrant faction to serve your partisan political agenda?

Vatican warns bishops not to deny communion to Biden, politicians over abortion​

Do you fantasize that all purported Catholics who do not share the Church hierarchy's condemnation of capital punishment must be excommunicated? Should divorce be criminalized?

Should Catholics embrace a theocratic edict that any and all matters that the Church opposes must also be condemned in civil law?

There is no injunction that an elected Catholic must impose his personal beliefs upon the entire populace via the law. Separation of Church and State is an American ideal.

No religious sect should be allowed to employ the coercive power of the State to impose its dogma upon a diverse populace if it is unable to convince its adherents to follow its dictates via proselytization.

“Informed conscience" can differ from official teaching, and is respected by the Church.

Now you are being silly.

You dispute common knowledge on double homicide? What are you 12 years old?

And once again it's called morals, killing another human being is wrong either abortion , or the death penalty

You made the statement but can't provide evidence of it. Common knowledge is held that trump won but now was inaugurated.
In your case common knowledge is not that common.

Cut your childish insults and deal with your statement or you are just another lying Republican.

Now you are being silly.

Abortion isn't murder, murder is a legal definition and not a moral definition, just as the death penalty is not murder.

Outside of abortion 38 states have fetal homicide laws, and 29 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy.

Now you are being silly.

Abortion isn't murder, murder is a legal definition and not a moral definition, just as the death penalty is not murder.

Outside of abortion 38 states have fetal homicide laws, and 29 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy.

Foetal homicide laws are necessary because women are more vulnerable and more likely to be attacked when they’re pregnant. Spousal abuse increases during pregnancy and violent spouses will frequently target the woman’s abdomen and the baby.

These laws were necessary to protect pregnant women.

Now you are being silly.

Foetal homicide laws are necessary because women are more vulnerable and more likely to be attacked when they’re pregnant. Spousal abuse increases during pregnancy and violent spouses will frequently target the woman’s abdomen and the baby.

These laws were necessary to protect pregnant women.
I totally agree, all violence against women should be punished, pregnant or not. I would like laws to become more strict when it involves women, especially pregnant women. The bond between mother and child is special.

When our daughter was killed in an auto accident my grief was unbearable however what my wife must of felt was by far worse, she carried my daughter in her womb, that made her bond deeper than I could imagine.

I would reject your communion in a heartbeat. Yeah that would be the heartbeat of the child you want to MURDER!

That is so ridiculous.

I went to a catholic school for one year. I was a very devout christian but wasn't baptized catholic. I was baptized Methodist and was a very active member in the church and youth group. My parents were Sunday school teachers.

I took communion at the Methodist church and other churches I attended such a Lutheran and Unitarian and others. All those churches only required a person to baptized to take communion. It doesn't matter what church or faith they were baptized to take communion.

Except the Catholic Church.

I didn't know I wasn't allowed to take communion at a school church service. I just joined everyone else.

Then all hell broke loose.

I got in so much trouble for taking communion because I wasn't baptized catholic. My parents had to go to the school to talk with the priest and principal about it so I could continue to go to that school.

So the Catholic Church not allowing someone to take communion because they are pro choice isn't anything new to me.

The Catholic Church has been discriminating against all those who aren't catholic for a very long time.

If I was a pro choice catholic, I would quickly leave the church.
Certainly no defender of the Church of Rome, but in this case it isn't discrimination against, it is discrimination between. It's their rules and they who decide what a Roman Catholic is, in contrast to those who do not conform to that profile.
Well, it's more than reasonable for a Catholic to believe in religious freedom.

Writing religiously based laws against a religiously diverse population is not how our government is supposed to work.

We were founded as a religiously plural nation.

And, let's face the fact that the majority of Americans are NOT interested in abortion being illegal.

BTW, abortion is not the only legal realm where the RCC has religiously based opposition to existing law.

I have no interest in facing any "facts" that are based on nothing more than your constant assertion that "everyone agrees with me".

In fact, the majority of Americans believe that abortion should be heavily restricted.

Be that as it may, no one's actually talking about "writing religious laws", as much as you might want to deflect the discussion off onto that. The topic was, is, and will be the Roman Catholic Church's right to define what is and is not a "devout Catholic", as Biden fallaciously claims to be. They aren't telling him, "You must do THIS and THIS". They are telling him, "you can do what you want, but you can't call it being Catholic."

Forum List

Back