If You Are White and You're Sure You're Not a Racist Please Answer This

Have you ever engaged in any of the behavior above and if so do you consider yourself a racist?

• No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above therefore I am not a racist

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above, just jokes, but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engaged in some of the behaviors above but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engagd in some or all of the behaviors above and I am a racist

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
I know I have a lot of questions but this is what I'm trying figure out. I can't begin to design a solution until I fully understand what is being asked of me.
Why do you refer to racism as an "ideology"? Is it because it's systemic and has an economic basis for it's inception perpetuation?
I see two levels here: First yes, it's an ideology, a way of observing the world, that darker people are in some way inferior. I don't think economics has much to do with it, other than these people essentially believe that too many darker people will necessarily drag down our economy for one reason or the other. But that's just half of this, because there are people on the Left who could be described as racist too. The second part is what we're seeing in the GOP right now, a President who enables the worst instincts of these people. And they're coming out, loud and proud, and it's a component of the overall Trumpist ideology.
And what do you conclude when you present the law to one of them that says their behavior is unlawful yet they still insist that it is not nor are they racist, get angry and accuse you of being the racist simply because you bring up a topic which makes them feel uncomfortable?
Well, this goes directly to why Trump was elected in the FIRST place. Before 2016, the lefties here thought it was hilarious when I warned of a backlash to PC and Identity Politics. Little did I know how intense and large it would be, but it sure as hell played a significant role in motivating and animating the Trump vote. The term "racist" angers them so much right now that they've begun using it as a weapon against the Left. Look at all the BLM threads. And I understand their frustration. The word has been completely over-used and diluted. Look how they react to it now -- instead of cowering at the word, they come out swinging with both fists.
So how can such a large segment of society sincerely believe they are not racist or that their is no such thing as a benefit to being born into the white race when the society in which you live favors members of your race and actually causes harm to those who are not? Do they also sincerely believe that their behavior causes no harm or do they simply not care that it does?
This goes to what has happened to conservatism in recent years. Those on the Right who are truly racist -- pick your percentage, and there's certainly several of them here -- have decided that the Left's over-use of the term gives them an excuse to deny ALL of it, out of hand. That's pretty damn powerful. So now, when you point out blatant racism, they can get away with saying that you're just PC. That's where the Left has REALLY screwed up. I think these people know at some level about the harm being done, but they just don't care. They are absolutely committed to this, and they simply give two shits about anyone who disagrees.

Here's a challenge for you: I'm dead serious here. I've given this idea to several people and a few have taken me up on it. Commit to listening to people like Limbaugh and Levin and (especially) Hannity for at least a week or two. REALLY LISTEN. But do NOT listen with a critical ear. Imagine you're agree with everything they say. If you do, at some point the behaviors of these people will begin to make more sense. I'm not kidding here. Imagine you've been obediently listening to those guys for YEARS, and how what they say can literally change thinking patterns and thought processes. Give it a shot, see what happens.

I have lots of questions but will self -limit.. On what basis did you pick Limbaugh and Hannity and Levin
(whoever he is) Are "they" the representative "racists" in your mind? You use the pronoun "they" lots without qualifying. I don't do Limbaugh or Hannity or ?Levin------but I read the posts of im2----
he might be changing (perverting) the thinking patterns of some people. I attended college during the era of 1960s 70s -----I saw lots of perverting of thinking patterns that progressed all the way to SEATTLE

Stupid question; of course I'm a racist; Turks are not a group with whom I want ANY association even though I accept that Ataturk was sorta an honourable bloke. Their deeds in the Balkans cannot be erased.

Greg

you are not being TIMELY. Today, racist means "against persons of color" Turks are racially caucasian unless any given turk wishes to SELF-IDENTIFY as a "person of color" which increasingly
has less and less relationship to classic race distinction

Meh; I read a lot of 19th Century literature. I use the term in the classical sense; not some modernist re-working of it. The "left" don't get to define the English Language.

"A person discriminates against another in any circumstances relevant for the purposes of any provision of this Act if - (a) on racial grounds he treats that other less favourably than he treats or would treat other persons; or (b) he applies to that other a requirement or condition which he applies or would apply equally to persons not of the same racial group as that other but - (i) which is such that the proportion of persons of the same racial group as that other who can comply with it is considerably smaller than the proportion of persons not of that racial group who can comply with it; and (ii) which he cannot show to be justifiable irrespective of the colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national origins of the person to whom it applied; and (iii) which is to the detriment of that other because he cannot comply with it."

(You are, of course, quite correct but I refuse to accept the Left's definitions).

Greg

Mud, you have introduced an interesting point for discussion which seem to me to be : does support of
BLM as a justified movement or support of its ideologues or demands constitute racism?
imho BLM isa just another Neo-Communist group hijacking a "popular" cause to further their own agenda; "useful idiots" comes to mind. (Burn, Loot Murder is NOT a legit reform group. They are using a concocted issue as a cover.)

Greg

Last edited:
I know I have a lot of questions but this is what I'm trying figure out. I can't begin to design a solution until I fully understand what is being asked of me.
Why do you refer to racism as an "ideology"? Is it because it's systemic and has an economic basis for it's inception perpetuation?
I see two levels here: First yes, it's an ideology, a way of observing the world, that darker people are in some way inferior. I don't think economics has much to do with it, other than these people essentially believe that too many darker people will necessarily drag down our economy for one reason or the other. But that's just half of this, because there are people on the Left who could be described as racist too. The second part is what we're seeing in the GOP right now, a President who enables the worst instincts of these people. And they're coming out, loud and proud, and it's a component of the overall Trumpist ideology.
And what do you conclude when you present the law to one of them that says their behavior is unlawful yet they still insist that it is not nor are they racist, get angry and accuse you of being the racist simply because you bring up a topic which makes them feel uncomfortable?
Well, this goes directly to why Trump was elected in the FIRST place. Before 2016, the lefties here thought it was hilarious when I warned of a backlash to PC and Identity Politics. Little did I know how intense and large it would be, but it sure as hell played a significant role in motivating and animating the Trump vote. The term "racist" angers them so much right now that they've begun using it as a weapon against the Left. Look at all the BLM threads. And I understand their frustration. The word has been completely over-used and diluted. Look how they react to it now -- instead of cowering at the word, they come out swinging with both fists.
So how can such a large segment of society sincerely believe they are not racist or that their is no such thing as a benefit to being born into the white race when the society in which you live favors members of your race and actually causes harm to those who are not? Do they also sincerely believe that their behavior causes no harm or do they simply not care that it does?
This goes to what has happened to conservatism in recent years. Those on the Right who are truly racist -- pick your percentage, and there's certainly several of them here -- have decided that the Left's over-use of the term gives them an excuse to deny ALL of it, out of hand. That's pretty damn powerful. So now, when you point out blatant racism, they can get away with saying that you're just PC. That's where the Left has REALLY screwed up. I think these people know at some level about the harm being done, but they just don't care. They are absolutely committed to this, and they simply give two shits about anyone who disagrees.

Here's a challenge for you: I'm dead serious here. I've given this idea to several people and a few have taken me up on it. Commit to listening to people like Limbaugh and Levin and (especially) Hannity for at least a week or two. REALLY LISTEN. But do NOT listen with a critical ear. Imagine you agree with everything they say. If you do, at some point the behaviors of these people will begin to make more sense. I'm not kidding here. Imagine you've been obediently listening to those guys for YEARS, and how what they say can literally change thinking patterns and thought processes. Give it a shot, see what happens.
Mac one NEVER accepts fully ANY ONE SOURCE!! Levin is quite good and the other two are fine most of the time, but not really my style. I prefer the FACTS without the hype. Reading the NYT and WaPo one needs a Pravda filter; they're disgusting!!!

Greg

A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

It is unlawful to harass a person because of that person's race or color.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.
I guarantee that you are guilty of this.
Also, if you think that BLM's demands should be met then you are undoubtedly a racist.....because you want to practice institutional racism.
Wrong. Learn what institutional racism is before you talk about it.

Here's a challenge for you: I'm dead serious here. I've given this idea to several people and a few have taken me up on it. Commit to listening to people like Limbaugh and Levin and (especially) Hannity for at least a week or two. REALLY LISTEN. But do NOT listen with a critical ear. Imagine you're agree with everything they say. If you do, at some point the behaviors of these people will begin to make more sense. I'm not kidding here. Imagine you've been obediently listening to those guys for YEARS, and how what they say can literally change thinking patterns and thought processes. Give it a shot, see what happens.

I have lots of questions but will self -limit.. On what basis did you pick Limbaugh and Hannity and Levin
(whoever he is) Are "they" the representative "racists" in your mind? You use the pronoun "they" lots without qualifying. I don't do Limbaugh or Hannity or ?Levin------but I read the posts of im2----
he might be changing (perverting) the thinking patterns of some people. I attended college during the era of 1960s 70s -----I saw lots of perverting of thinking patterns that progressed all the way to SEATTLE
Well, those are the top three radio hosts, and along with Tucker Carlson, are clearly the top "thought leaders" of the Right currently. And for anyone to pretend that their profound influence is not evident from one end of Trumpism to the other is just silly.

I didn't say they are "representative racists". But they certainly are enablers of racism, given the way they CHOOSE to present one side of the race issue. It's willful ignorance like that, that we can clearly also see from one end of Trumpism to the other. For a perfect example, your post, in which you try to change the subject to IM2. So they certainly are representative of the enabling of racism.

The only question is, which is worse: An individual racist or those who enable it on a macro scale.

Last edited:
Until the usual racists here get beyond their white fragility threads like this becomes a racist troll fest that moderators allow until they close the thread like the racists want done. This is why racists can make threads about our hair or what we eat and those threads stay up forever. Now is the time for those with responsibility to use the same aggression deleting off topic posts by the racists here as they do everyone else.

My white privilege... I am not seeing it.

My first job I was 11 years old. I took over my older brothers paper route. I did this route for about 3 years. My parents made me save all but $1.00 per week I got to spend. I bought my first bicycle with this money.
By 13 I also mowed two lawns in the summer, and shoveled their snow in the winter.
At 15, there was a auto body garage down the street. After bugging the owner several times if he needed any help, he finally hired me to do clean up work after school. I did a good job, he also had some rental properties he owned so I started helping him doing some painting/minor repairs etc.
At 17 I started working at Captain D's restaurant after school my senior year to save money.
I was born in a trailer court.
When I was 4 my father got on at a GM plant. This changed a lot for us, we moved into a house but it was still only 2 bedrooms. We lived there until I was in the 3rd grade. I slept in the same bedroom with two brothers.
We then moved to a 3 bedroom house...which was awesome.

I am now 55 years old. The longest period I have been unemployed was 6 weeks since I was 11 years old. I have worked for every single thing I have.

And my answer would be, most white people are racist, because we are brought up in this society. Overcoming it has to be a conscious effort.

Obviously, there is a wide gap to the employer who shows preference to white employees, and the outright nutbag who burns a cross. Everyone agrees the latter is more egregious, but the former is a lot more common.
LMAO @ the stupidity of Leftist and their White Guilt.

A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.
SJW.jpg

IM2 isn't changing or perverting shit. irosie, is an old white female born during segregation with views that are delusional. I have shown historical fact, legal decisions, public policies and studies but people like irosie still cling to the same delusions.

I assume you're not expecting many straight, honest answers, right?
I'm willing to see what they have to say. I'm trying to get to the crux of the matter as to why so many of the members here most hateful, derogatory and insulting comments about black people in general, and several have directed their comments specifically at me, yet don't believe they are racists. I can't decide if they're just being dishonest or if their thought processing mechanism has a fault. On the other hand my instincts are that they know full well what they're doing, that it's intentional, that they believe it's their right to be a full on hard core racist and no one can tell them otherwise and that as long as there is not law explictly prohibiting racism then they're good.

I've been trying to think of something that is not unlawful but is generally hands down unacceptable as far as society is concerned in order to make a comparison but thus far I can only come up with one thing.
Well, this has been a fascination of mine for a LONG time. In fact, it's the one topic I think about more than any other involving politics -- do those who are consumed by an ideology really believe what they're saying?

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious and the psychology of political partisanship. and my guess (at the moment) is that they do. In other words, it's possible that they're being absolutely sincere.

To me, it's all about the subconscious, which can essentially be "trained" to believe dang near anything over time. The elements of subconscious training are (1) an existing belief or philosophy in any given topic, (2) the regular repetition of words, phrases and ideas ("talking points"), and (3) a voluntary intellectual isolation that minimizes exposure to contrary beliefs (to the point where they become distorted) and maximizes exposure to supporting beliefs.

Well, holy crap, that's exactly what we have going on here. So when many of these people say the things they say, it's very possible they believe it to their bones. I've compared trying to communicate with them with trying to communicate with a wild-eyed Jihadi on the streets of Damascus. They're simply detached from reality, and absolutely committed to their separated, closed circuit belief system.

We Trump supporters are done being lectured by people like you.

We have legitimate issues and interests and we will not have them dismissed because someone like you cries "Wacism".

You are the "wild eyed lunatic", not us.

I don't believe in thought crimes.

If truth be told, essentially all white people (including all the white people in Europe) believe that Black Africans are in many significant ways, inferior to other races. This is why Europe found sub-Saharan Africa so easy to plunder and exploit. This why it was profitable to capture and enslave millions of Black Africans for hundreds of years (much of which was done by Arabs and other Black Africans). Both of these patterns of behavior were EVIL, but the belief in the inferiority of Blacks is neither evil nor good; it just is.

This belief in the inferiority of Blacks may be "racism," but the LAW must only deal with ACTIONS. See the OP. If a Black American is treated badly (however that is defined) because of his race, that should be legally sanctioned (probably at the State level, not national, but that's another discussion). But you cannot legally punish someone for what they believe.

Hate Crime laws are a legal and constitutional abomination. They punish thought.

Racially insensitive behavior can even be unconsious. People from different backgrounds may not pick up on the same social cues. It need hardly be said that those who have trouble with social cues generally are the most likely to fall into such pitfalls. As such, it is best that those with the latter problem are not placed in positions of direct power over others.

Your excuse for falsely accusing people of racism is dismissed.

We are done being lectured by people like you.

Stop with the bullshit. We ain't buying it. NO ONE IS.

Some assholes pretend. They are assholes for doing that.

We Trump supporters are done being lectured by people like you.

We have legitimate issues and interests and we will not have them dismissed because someone like you cries "Wacism".

You are the "wild eyed lunatic", not us.
These Leftist Extremist still think it's the 1980's and their Alinsky-ite style of political strategy is still effective.

It's not.

Screw them and their antiquated Race Card.

Forum List

Back