If You Are White and You're Sure You're Not a Racist Please Answer This

Have you ever engaged in any of the behavior above and if so do you consider yourself a racist?

• No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above therefore I am not a racist

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above, just jokes, but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engaged in some of the behaviors above but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engagd in some or all of the behaviors above and I am a racist

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
OK, I can see how many people are racist in the thread and who are just plain old haters....Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers.

A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

It is unlawful to harass a person because of that person's race or color.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.
Notice that they didn't say which color so anyone can commit an act of racism even against white people.

Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.
Thats how white and asian kids are treated under affirmative action

so the federal government and higher education cabal are all a bunch of racists

hum

A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.

Discrimination is an essential quality of survival. Without it, we never could have discriminated (tell the difference between) what is FOOD and what wants to eat us on the Savanna plains. In electronics, they have a discriminator circuit which does just that: separates the desirable (signal) from the undesirable (noise). Where racism comes into play is when one systematically forms false (innacurate, undeserved) negative opinions (bias) against others and ACTS on them against others to their detriment, based purely on our false bias.

THAT IS RACISM, and you can take all your other definitions from Mariam-Webster designed to try to attack and make whites feel guilty and responsible, you can roll them up and SHOVE THEM UP YOUR PUCKERED ASS. Please observe hygiene.

That said, there isn't a person on this planet that can honestly say they they are 100% free of bias, because it is a NATURAL HUMAN INCLINATION to be prejudiced FOR those things like you (similar) that you like while having some bias against those things dissimilar to yourself or that you DON'T like.

If that were not the case, couples wouldn't marry with common interests and other similarities. Again, this comes back to natural survival selection. That's why most of us don't go out and try to hump a goat.

So where does that leave us if a group of people tend to exhibit a common behavior? Such as girls being afraid of spiders? What about if a large percentage of Blacks DO tend to engage in criminal activity? If someone steals from you all the time, slaps you repeatedly, scratches your car, etc., is it racism to expect that they will do it again or to act on that impression negatively?

NO. No. No. No. That is just simple discrimination again, judging and learning from and responding to your environment (accurately), but it's not RACISM.

The word "racism" has been so over-used, it has been beaten to death.

Racism defined in its purest form is the false (unfounded) internal bias against a person based solely on their race, your false expectations or perceptions of them and nothing they've actually done that you then use to that person's detriment.

LEARN IT. LIVE IT. LOVE IT. All Lives Matter.

Now if you are black answer the same questions please.

Your casting a pretty wide net. I've used racial slurs but I never harassed any black person at work.

Have you never used a racial slur?

I assume you're not expecting many straight, honest answers, right?
I'm willing to see what they have to say. I'm trying to get to the crux of the matter as to why so many of the members here most hateful, derogatory and insulting comments about black people in general, and several have directed their comments specifically at me, yet don't believe they are racists. I can't decide if they're just being dishonest or if their thought processing mechanism has a fault. On the other hand my instincts are that they know full well what they're doing, that it's intentional, that they believe it's their right to be a full on hard core racist and no one can tell them otherwise and that as long as there is not law explictly prohibiting racism then they're good.

I've been trying to think of something that is not unlawful but is generally hands down unacceptable as far as society is concerned in order to make a comparison but thus far I can only come up with one thing.

I'm willing to see what they have to say. I'm trying to get to the crux of the matter as to why so many of the members here most hateful, derogatory and insulting comments about black people in general, and several have directed their comments specifically at me, yet don't believe they are racists. I can't decide if they're just being dishonest or if their thought processing mechanism has a fault. On the other hand my instincts are that they know full well what they're doing, that it's intentional, that they believe it's their right to be a full on hard core racist and no one can tell them otherwise and that as long as there is not law explictly prohibiting racism then they're good.

I've been trying to think of something that is not unlawful but is generally hands down unacceptable as far as society is concerned in order to make a comparison but thus far I can only come up with one thing.
Well, this has been a fascination of mine for a LONG time. In fact, it's the one topic I think about more than any other involving politics -- do those who are consumed by an ideology really believe what they're saying?

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious and the psychology of political partisanship. and my guess (at the moment) is that they do. In other words, it's possible that they're being absolutely sincere.

To me, it's all about the subconscious, which can essentially be "trained" to believe dang near anything over time. The elements of subconscious training are (1) an existing belief or philosophy in any given topic, (2) the regular repetition of words, phrases and ideas ("talking points"), and (3) a voluntary intellectual isolation that minimizes exposure to contrary beliefs (to the point where they become distorted) and maximizes exposure to supporting beliefs.

Well, holy crap, that's exactly what we have going on here. So when many of these people say the things they say, it's very possible they believe it to their bones. I've compared trying to communicate with them with trying to communicate with a wild-eyed Jihadi on the streets of Damascus. They're simply detached from reality, and absolutely committed to their separated, closed circuit belief system.

Discrimination is an essential quality of survival. Without it, we never could have discriminated (tell the difference between) what is FOOD and what wants to eat us on the Savanna plains. In electronics, they have a discriminator circuit which does just that: separates the desirable (signal) from the undesirable (noise). Where racism comes into play is when one systematically forms false (innacurate, undeserved) negative opinions (bias) against others and ACTS on them against others to their detriment, based purely on our false bias.

THAT IS RACISM, and you can take all your other definitions from Mariam-Webster designed to try to attack and make whites feel guilty and responsible, you can roll them up and SHOVE THEM UP YOUR PUCKERED ASS. Please observe hygiene.

That said, there isn't a person on this planet that can honestly say they they are 100% free of bias, because it is a NATURAL HUMAN INCLINATION to be prejudiced FOR those things like you (similar) that you like while having some bias against those things dissimilar to yourself or that you DON'T like.

If that were not the case, couples wouldn't marry with common interests and other similarities. Again, this comes back to natural survival selection. That's why most of us don't go out and try to hump a goat.

So where does that leave us if a group of people tend to exhibit a common behavior? Such as girls being afraid of spiders? What about if a large percentage of Blacks DO tend to engage in criminal activity? If someone steals from you all the time, slaps you repeatedly, scratches your car, etc., is it racism to expect that they will do it again or to act on that impression negatively?

NO. No. No. No. That is just simple discrimination again, judging and learning from and responding to your environment (accurately), but it's not RACISM.

The word "racism" has been so over-used, it has been beaten to death.

Racism defined in its purest form is the false (unfounded) internal bias against a person based solely on their race, your false expectations or perceptions of them and nothing they've actually done that you then use to that person's detriment.

LEARN IT. LIVE IT. LOVE IT. All Lives Matter.
You do realize that the screed you wrote is all personal opinion right?

The information I posted from the EEOC's website outlines UNLAWFUL racial discrimination. What it doesn't cover is UNLAWFUL retaliation for having engaged in protected activities such as participating in a violation of rights investigation or having lodged a complaint alleging a violation.

Many of you started down the path crying about me wanting criminal laws and wanting to punish people for their thoughts when I have repeatedly stated that what I'm proposing are penalties for engaging in harmful activity that causes damage to another person based on animus or hatred against them due to their protected class status (race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, etc.). The Civil Rights laws that the EEOC enforces are civil actions, lawsuits, that only a rather small percentage ever see the light of day. Part of that I believe is due to the complainants not being preparing and knowing how to properly document the violations so that they can submit hard evidence along with their complaints that will get some notice. Sometimes employers/manager once they get wind of a complaint will immediately terminate the worker in order to cut them off from the evidence the company is holding. I have seen companies delete evidence so that when they are subpeoned they can truthfully state that they don't have possesion of the requested items, so it's imperative to issue a litigation hold notice to anyone who has in their possession documentation that will support the complaintant's claim. Generally this is when the retaliation REALLY ratchets up.

Then there is harassment but I will save that for later, but if someone tell you to leave them alone and your response is to not only escalate the situation but to pull in a bunch of other people so they can help you harass your target how do you think the courts will view that, if the plaintiff has documented proof of your activities?

Stupid question; of course I'm a racist; Turks are not a group with whom I want ANY association even though I accept that Ataturk was sorta an honourable bloke. Their deeds in the Balkans cannot be erased.

Greg

you are not being TIMELY. Today, racist means "against persons of color" Turks are racially caucasian unless any given turk wishes to SELF-IDENTIFY as a "person of color" which increasingly
has less and less relationship to classic race distinction

Well, this has been a fascination of mine for a LONG time. In fact, it's the one topic I think about more than any other involving politics -- do those who are consumed by an ideology really believe what they're saying?

I've done a lot of reading on the subconscious and the psychology of political partisanship. and my guess (at the moment) is that they do. In other words, it's possible that they're being absolutely sincere.

To me, it's all about the subconscious, which can essentially be "trained" to believe dang near anything over time. The elements of subconscious training are (1) an existing belief or philosophy in any given topic, (2) the regular repetition of words, phrases and ideas ("talking points"), and (3) a voluntary intellectual isolation that minimizes exposure to contrary beliefs (to the point where they become distorted) and maximizes exposure to supporting beliefs.

Well, holy crap, that's exactly what we have going on here. So when many of these people say the things they say, it's very possible they believe it to their bones. I've compared trying to communicate with them with trying to communicate with a wild-eyed Jihadi on the streets of Damascus. They're simply detached from reality, and absolutely committed to their separated, closed circuit belief system.
Why do you refer to racism as an "ideology"? Is it because it's systemic and has an economic basis for it's inception perpetuation?

And what do you conclude when you present the law to one of them that says their behavior is unlawful yet they still insist that it is not nor are they racist, get angry and accuse you of being the racist simply because you bring up a topic which makes them feel uncomfortable? Those 3 Wilmington, North Carolina police officers that were fired a week ago after making a ton of degratory comments and threats involving slaughtering black people when the race war starts ("I can't wait") is what sent me back down this path trying to figure out what it is I'm missing in these scenarios.

They've been aided and abetted by our justice system from the police officers to the court clerks and everyone else in between all the way up to SCOTUS, which comes up with whatever it wants or needs in order to achieve the desired results. Porter Rockwell considers Justice Taney who infamously wrote that [paraphrased] "the black man is so far beneath the white man that he has no rights that the white man is bound to respect" as simply being honest in his comment and ruling, however in my opinion he's completely overlooking that this is one of those self-fulling prophesies that this ruling helped to create.
I hold the same opinion regarding the SCOTUS determination that cross burnings by the Ku Klux Klan who was open about their hatred and violence towards black people, is a protected first amendment right in spite of everyone knowing this was an intimidation and terrorizing tactic implemented by the Klan.

So in summary I understand thoroughly what you've said about the subconscious mind. I remember reading somewhere that it's referred to as our lizard brain and that it will do irrespective of what's going on around it ("even as you're being run over by a truck) what ever command that you gave it that you fully accept as truth.

So how can such a large segment of society sincerely believe they are not racist or that their is no such thing as a benefit to being born into the white race when the society in which you live favors members of your race and actually causes harm to those who are not? Do they also sincerely believe that their behavior causes no harm or do they simply not care that it does?

I know I have a lot of questions but this is what I'm trying figure out. I can't begin to design a solution until I fully understand what is being asked of me.

I guarantee that you are guilty of this.
Also, if you think that BLM's demands should be met then you are undoubtedly a racist.....because you want to practice institutional racism.
Why are you making all of these assumptions? What exactly do you think or better yet, have proof that I'm guilty of?

And show me where I have said that BLM's demands should be met. This should be good.

Oh boy

Now if you are black answer the same questions please.

Your casting a pretty wide net. I've used racial slurs but I never harassed any black person at work.

Have you never used a racial slur?
Do any of you understand that the definition I posted is what the EEOC says is unlawful behavior in violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964? It's not my personal definition.

Racially insensitive behavior can even be unconsious. People from different backgrounds may not pick up on the same social cues. It need hardly be said that those who have trouble with social cues generally are the most likely to fall into such pitfalls. As such, it is best that those with the latter problem are not placed in positions of direct power over others.

Mud, you have introduced an interesting point for discussion which seem to me to be : does support of
BLM as a justified movement or support of its ideologues or its demands or its group actions constitute racism ?

You do realize that the screed you wrote is all personal opinion right?
Not one word of mine is "personal opinion." Everything I said is linguistically and scientifically valid. Prove otherwise.

99% of what people call now as racism ISN'T. The word has become meaningless and is now just thrown about by idiots to silence anyone they don't agree with.

I know I have a lot of questions but this is what I'm trying figure out. I can't begin to design a solution until I fully understand what is being asked of me.
Why do you refer to racism as an "ideology"? Is it because it's systemic and has an economic basis for it's inception perpetuation?
I see two levels here: First yes, it's an ideology, a way of observing the world, that darker people are in some way inferior. I don't think economics has much to do with it, other than these people essentially believe that too many darker people will necessarily drag down our economy for one reason or the other. But that's just half of this, because there are people on the Left who could be described as racist too. The second part is what we're seeing in the GOP right now, a President who enables the worst instincts of these people. And they're coming out, loud and proud, and it's a component of the overall Trumpist ideology.
And what do you conclude when you present the law to one of them that says their behavior is unlawful yet they still insist that it is not nor are they racist, get angry and accuse you of being the racist simply because you bring up a topic which makes them feel uncomfortable?
Well, this goes directly to why Trump was elected in the FIRST place. Before 2016, the lefties here thought it was hilarious when I warned of a backlash to PC and Identity Politics. Little did I know how intense and large it would be, but it sure as hell played a significant role in motivating and animating the Trump vote. The term "racist" angers them so much right now that they've begun using it as a weapon against the Left. Look at all the BLM threads. And I understand their frustration. The word has been completely over-used and diluted. Look how they react to it now -- instead of cowering at the word, they come out swinging with both fists.
So how can such a large segment of society sincerely believe they are not racist or that their is no such thing as a benefit to being born into the white race when the society in which you live favors members of your race and actually causes harm to those who are not? Do they also sincerely believe that their behavior causes no harm or do they simply not care that it does?
This goes to what has happened to conservatism in recent years. Those on the Right who are truly racist -- pick your percentage, and there's certainly several of them here -- have decided that the Left's over-use of the term gives them an excuse to deny ALL of it, out of hand. That's pretty damn powerful. So now, when you point out blatant racism, they can get away with saying that you're just PC. That's where the Left has REALLY screwed up. I think these people know at some level about the harm being done, but they just don't care. They are absolutely committed to this, and they simply give two shits about anyone who disagrees.

Here's a challenge for you: I'm dead serious here. I've given this idea to several people and a few have taken me up on it. Commit to listening to people like Limbaugh and Levin and (especially) Hannity for at least a week or two. REALLY LISTEN. But do NOT listen with a critical ear. Imagine you agree with everything they say. If you do, at some point the behaviors of these people will begin to make more sense. I'm not kidding here. Imagine you've been obediently listening to those guys for YEARS, and how what they say can literally change thinking patterns and thought processes. Give it a shot, see what happens.

Last edited:

Blacks employ racial slurs 24/7, they are racists.

New Topics

Forum List

Back