If You Are White and You're Sure You're Not a Racist Please Answer This

Have you ever engaged in any of the behavior above and if so do you consider yourself a racist?

• No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above therefore I am not a racist

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No I've never engaged in any of the behavior above, just jokes, but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engaged in some of the behaviors above but I'm not a racist

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes I've engagd in some or all of the behaviors above and I am a racist

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

NewsVine_Mariyam

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2018
The Beautiful Pacific Northwest
A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

It is unlawful to harass a person because of that person's race or color.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.

And my answer would be, most white people are racist, because we are brought up in this society. Overcoming it has to be a conscious effort.

Obviously, there is a wide gap to the employer who shows preference to white employees, and the outright nutbag who burns a cross. Everyone agrees the latter is more egregious, but the former is a lot more common.

Your poll does not match your posted definition. Your posted definition states that the behavior, what ever it is, has to be serious enough to be a problem.

A "joke" or two, thus, should not be enough by your posted definition, to be classified as "Racist".

Or say, the displaying of a supposed offensive symbol.

A lot of people either have never seen a dictionary definition of racism or they create their own definitions. This is from one of the government agencies which oversees the enforcement of portions of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (EEOC)
"Race discrimination involves treating someone (an applicant or employee) unfavorably because he/she is of a certain race or because of personal characteristics associated with race (such as hair texture, skin color, or certain facial features). Color discrimination involves treating someone unfavorably because of skin color complexion.​

Harassment can include, for example, racial slurs, offensive or derogatory remarks about a person's race or color, or the display of racially-offensive symbols. Although the law doesn't prohibit simple teasing, offhand comments, or isolated incidents that are not very serious, harassment is illegal when it is so frequent or severe that it creates a hostile or offensive work environment or when it results in an adverse employment decision (such as the victim being fired or demoted)"​

The harasser can be the victim's supervisor, a supervisor in another area, a co-worker, or someone who is not an employee of the employer, such as a client or customer"​

So the above is a definition of racial discrimination specific to the workplace but it explains some types of behavior that can be viewed as racist.
I assume you're not expecting many straight, honest answers, right?

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I grew up in Alabama in the 60s and 70s. Racism and the Klan was everywhere, there was no getting away from it. Even the people at church who preached the gospel of Christ were Klan members. I was an ignorant little shit when I finally got out in the wider world and saw what things were really like. My brother remained a virulent racist fuck until the day he died. That could have been me except for the conscious effort to rise above my raising.

I assume you're not expecting many straight, honest answers, right?

I gave a straight and honest answer. As I always do.

And my answer would be, most black people are racist, because we are brought up in this society. Overcoming it has to be a conscious effort.

Obviously, there is a wide gap to the employer who shows preference to black employees, and the outright nutbag who burns. Everyone agrees the latter is more egregious, but the former is a lot more common

For white people Racism is a bit like 'Original Sin' in Catholicism.
Difference is Catholics are born with it ('Original Sin').
White people are born into it (Racism)

In both cases, assholes are trying to make people for guilt over some shit they did not do.

In both cases the correct response is to tell the assholes to fuck off and die.

I grew up in Alabama in the 60s and 70s. Racism and the Klan was everywhere, there was no getting away from it. Even the people at church who preached the gospel of Christ were Klan members. I was an ignorant little shit when I finally got out in the wider world and saw what things were really like. My brother remained a virulent racist fuck until the day he died. That could have been me except for the conscious effort to rise above my raising.
the black preachers preach hate/racism against whites:
blacks TEACH their kids to hate whites/whitey is EVIL

I guarantee that you are guilty of this.
Also, if you think that BLM's demands should be met then you are undoubtedly a racist.....because you want to practice institutional racism.

And my answer would be, most white people are racist, because we are brought up in this society. Overcoming it has to be a conscious effort.

Obviously, there is a wide gap to the employer who shows preference to white employees, and the outright nutbag who burns a cross. Everyone agrees the latter is more egregious, but the former is a lot more common.
/—-/ And most liberals are idiots.

Stupid question; of course I'm a racist; Turks are not a group with whom I want ANY association even though I accept that Ataturk was sorta an honourable bloke. Their deeds in the Balkans cannot be erased.

Greg

For white people Racism is a bit like 'Original Sin' in Catholicism.
Difference is Catholics are born with it ('Original Sin').
White people are born into it (Racism)
I wonder how many black people died in Africa due to the British going in and murdering them for their land? Oh and didnt slaves come from Africa to the British Colonies? Yeah, those inbred buck tooth royals sure did create a bunch of morons...

Forum List

Back