If you are human, you are not capable of understanding God.

So you can't look at the evolution of space and time and conclude that our purpose is to evolve and pass it down?
I could, of course, but where would that lead eventually for all living things?

So you can't look at the evolution of space and time and conclude that our purpose is to evolve and pass it down?
For starters it defines purpose. Purpose is powerful. As a rule a man with purpose is more likely to accomplish things than a man with no purpose. Secondly it defines obligations; an obligation to evolve as a human being and a duty to pass down that wisdom to the next generation.

Just curious... do you really concern yourself with all living things? What would that look like in actuality? My point here is that our immediate concern should be to progress ourselves into becoming the best versions of ourselves. Because then the concern for other living beings - that we actually do come into contact with - will work itself out for their betterment organically, wouldn't you agree?

Does God exist?

Yes and no.

God is not constrained by existence one way or the other.

No one can impose existence upon God, or deprive God of it.

God is none, or one, or many.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

That is what it means to be God.

If you insist God exists, God does not exist.

If you insist God does not exist, God exists.

God does that to remind you that you are not God.

It takes one to know one.

It's way above your pay grade.

"DO I BELIEVE HUMANS EXIST?
WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"
Why do godless libs care?

you dont believe

isnt that enough for you?

Why do godless libs care?

you dont believe

isnt that enough for you?
Whether your "godless libs" care or why is entirely your business.

Your need to tell me that I "don't believe" whatever it is that you tell me that I don't believe is no concern of mine.

Just curious... do you really concern yourself with all living things? What would that look like in actuality? My point here is that our immediate concern should be to progress ourselves into becoming the best versions of ourselves. Because then the concern for other living beings - that we actually do come into contact with - will work itself out for their betterment organically, wouldn't you agree?
I subscribe to Darwin's view of biological evolution: "There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved,” the "Creator" being beyond our comprehension, but creation within our capacity for awe.

"To progress ourselves into becoming the best versions of ourselves," does not indicate what that may be, and there appears to be much subjectivity in defining it.

Does God exist?

Yes and no.

God is not constrained by existence one way or the other.

No one can impose existence upon God, or deprive God of it.

God is none, or one, or many.

Or all simultaneously.

Or not.

That is what it means to be God.

If you insist God exists, God does not exist.

If you insist God does not exist, God exists.

God does that to remind you that you are not God.

It takes one to know one.

It's way above your pay grade.

"DO I BELIEVE HUMANS EXIST?
WHAT ARE THEY FOR?"

So, essentially, God is the perfect con.

New Topics

Forum List

Back