If you are a man, or a woman...you own a gun.....this just makes sense. From John Nolte...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Great column....explains the duty of men and women toward protecting their families...

If you’re a man. I don’t mean a guy. I don’t mean a male. I mean, if you’re a man, your top priority, obligation, and, yes, privilege, are the safety and well-being of your family. That’s it. That’s the only responsibility that matters. And anyone who puts anything — including what’s best for society — ahead of that responsibility, who neglects his family or who sacrifices his family’s safety and well-being on the altar of some greater good, is not a man.
-------
No matter how secure your house is, if someone wants to break into your house, on average, that will take about five seconds. This means that from the time you hear a thump, a crack, or glass break, you now have about 3.5 seconds to grab a gun.

There’s no place in my house, including the shower, where I can’t get my hands on a loaded gun in three seconds.

Plus, because of my work and opinions, I get threats. All the time, I’m threatened. Are they serious threats? Don’t know. Don’t care. What I do know is that a man with a family takes every threat seriously.

If you’re a man, you own a gun. It’s that simple. You’ve also taken a safety course with it, you’re comfortable with it, and know how to use it.

You don’t have to own nine guns. No one has to own nine guns. If I had kids, I would not have nine loaded guns spread throughout the house. If I didn’t receive threats, I wouldn’t have nine loaded guns spread throughout the house.

But if you’re a man, you own at least one gun and know how to use it.

The argument from the gun-grabbers is that guns are bad for society, and to back up that argument, they whip out all kinds of science and statistics and studies, to which I will always respond with a hearty and healthy… So what?

Even if it’s true that guns are bad for society (and I do not believe it is), what the hell do I care?

Society is not my problem.

I certainly wish society well, but I have zero obligation or responsibility towards society.

Great column....explains the duty of men and women toward protecting their families...

If you’re a man. I don’t mean a guy. I don’t mean a male. I mean, if you’re a man, your top priority, obligation, and, yes, privilege, are the safety and well-being of your family. That’s it. That’s the only responsibility that matters. And anyone who puts anything — including what’s best for society — ahead of that responsibility, who neglects his family or who sacrifices his family’s safety and well-being on the altar of some greater good, is not a man.
-------
No matter how secure your house is, if someone wants to break into your house, on average, that will take about five seconds. This means that from the time you hear a thump, a crack, or glass break, you now have about 3.5 seconds to grab a gun.

There’s no place in my house, including the shower, where I can’t get my hands on a loaded gun in three seconds.

Plus, because of my work and opinions, I get threats. All the time, I’m threatened. Are they serious threats? Don’t know. Don’t care. What I do know is that a man with a family takes every threat seriously.

If you’re a man, you own a gun. It’s that simple. You’ve also taken a safety course with it, you’re comfortable with it, and know how to use it.

You don’t have to own nine guns. No one has to own nine guns. If I had kids, I would not have nine loaded guns spread throughout the house. If I didn’t receive threats, I wouldn’t have nine loaded guns spread throughout the house.

But if you’re a man, you own at least one gun and know how to use it.

The argument from the gun-grabbers is that guns are bad for society, and to back up that argument, they whip out all kinds of science and statistics and studies, to which I will always respond with a hearty and healthy… So what?

Even if it’s true that guns are bad for society (and I do not believe it is), what the hell do I care?

Society is not my problem.

I certainly wish society well, but I have zero obligation or responsibility towards society.

I received a Ruger 10/22 for my 12th birthday and I've never NOT owned a gun since then. It's absolutely critical now given the left's anti-civil rights history and their repeated attempts to deny citizens (especially minority citizens) police protection.

If you didn't teach your children gun safety in a nation with over 400 million firearms someone should call child protective service on you. There is also the The Dick Act of 1903. Look it up then lets all start enforcing it. Biden is just showing an oath to the Constitution means nothing to him and never did and he is proves he is dumber than a tree stump.

Forum List

Back