If women can get abortions, men should be able to opt out of fatherhood

LibertyLemming

VIP Member
Oct 31, 2012
USA
I find it highly hypocritical that a woman can get an abortion, without notifying the man who impregnated her, and without even justifying it. Yet if a woman gets pregnant, keeps the baby, the male now has to pay child support. That is insane. Men should be able to opt out completely from being involved in raising the child and not have to pay a dime of child support since women can do the same thing via abortion.

That of course is different. The man gets no say but has all the responsibility if the child lives.

My personal opinion is that while hypocritical in a way that the Father must be held accountable. I am opposed to abortion except for the medical safety of the mother.

But you can rest assured any attempt to get fathers out like mothers can will be met with derision and ridicule. With absolutely NO reason or logic.

Well the case of abortion to save the mother's life, in the USA, is so unlikely I don't even think that to be worth considering.

I think men opting out of fatherhood and shirking their responsibility is probably a leading cause of unwanted pregnancy.

Actions have consequences...now STFU.:D

Unless you're a woman apparently.

Quit whining...you don't have a fucking clue what a woman goes through, regardless of her choice. Yes, the woman has the upper hand when a man impregnates her...boofuckinghoo. Now just tell any women who you fuck that if she gets knocked up, that you'd prefer she get an abortion because you're a cheapskate.:lol:

I find it highly hypocritical that a woman can get an abortion, without notifying the man who impregnated her, and without even justifying it. Yet if a woman gets pregnant, keeps the baby, the male now has to pay child support. That is insane. Men should be able to opt out completely from being involved in raising the child and not have to pay a dime of child support since women can do the same thing via abortion.

You should be able to opt out, and no loss....you'd be more damaging as a father than a sperm donor.

Not that anyone believes you could be a sperm donor.

hehe, I bet none of you complain about making .70 cents to my dollar since you seem quite thrilled with gender inequalities.

A lot of worthless men do. Sadly. :( They think they can fuck everything in sight without taking responsibility for it.

As do women. Abortion as birth control. I believe we should have equality :)

Abortion as a form of birth control is the real problem here.....'equality' should also be given to the child......it is a human being too....

liberals cry about rape and other problems but those situations are way in the minority.....

meanwhile millions of babies are aborted as a form of birth control simply because the baby is inconvenient or whatever....

That is, perhaps, the most asinine reasoning I have ever read.

That is, perhaps, the most asinine reasoning I have ever read.

If men could get pregnant, there would be an abortion clinic on every street corner.

Of course you know you sound like a moron.

Many men actually do what you suggest and screw up the child and hurt society as a result. The impact of an "opt out" effects you as an individual through spending your tax dollars and social problems, including: " Fatherless children are at a dramatically greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse, mental illness, suicide, poor educational performance, teen pregnancy, and criminality." (see U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health Statistics, Survey on Child Health, Washington, DC, 1993.)

You’re confusing two separate issues, and exhibiting your ignorance in the process.

Once born, compelling the father to pay child support is perfectly appropriate.

Before birth, however, the issue takes on a very different cast. It is an inescapable biological fact that state regulation with respect to the child a woman is carrying will have a far greater impact on the mother's liberty than on the father's. The effect of state regulation on a woman's protected liberty is doubly deserving of scrutiny in such a case, as the State has touched not only upon the private sphere of the family, but upon the very bodily integrity of the pregnant woman.

The Constitution protects individuals, men and women alike, from unjustified state interference, even when that interference is enacted into law for the benefit of their spouses.

Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania v. Casey

You’re confusing two separate issues, and exhibiting your ignorance in the process.

Once born, compelling the father to pay child support is perfectly appropriate.

Before birth, however, the issue takes on a very different cast. It is an inescapable biological fact that state regulation with respect to the child a woman is carrying will have a far greater impact on the mother's liberty than on the father's. The effect of state regulation on a woman's protected liberty is doubly deserving of scrutiny in such a case, as the State has touched not only upon the private sphere of the family, but upon the very bodily integrity of the pregnant woman.

The Constitution protects individuals, men and women alike, from unjustified state interference, even when that interference is enacted into law for the benefit of their spouses.

I meant opting out prior to birth, sorry if I didn't make that obvious enough.

As for the constitution, I'm not too sure how many of those rights you seem to claim it protects (I'd wager the document limits liberty does not grant it) are still in existence.

@Connery, if I had it my way those social programs would be gone so that wouldn't be an issue.

Again this is before birth.

I agree, but the man needs to back out as soon as he finds out the woman is pregnant. He can't hang around til the baby is born, and then decide he doesn't want to be a father. The sooner he states his intention the better.

New Topics

Forum List

Back