If we had the Christians on our side, abortion would be illegal in 5 minutes...

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The fact is, Christians are all over the place on abortion. All we really have in our corner are the evangelicals and the Catholics, and not even all of them.

Some Christian denominations are actually PRO-ABORTION and a pastor will often counsel a girl or woman to abort her child instead of keep it.

The corrupt and failing mainstream Protestant denominations are the worst offenders.

A lot of people say they don't recognize their church anymore.....

The fact is, Christians are all over the place on abortion. All we really have in our corner are the evangelicals and the Catholics, and not even all of them.

Some Christian denominations are actually PRO-ABORTION and a pastor will often counsel a girl or woman to abort her child instead of keep it.

The corrupt and failing mainstream Protestant denominations are the worst offenders.
Nonsense.

It’s perfectly appropriate and consistent to oppose abortion based on religious beliefs while recognizing a woman’s right to privacy and opposing the state compelling women to give birth against their will.

Simply find the means to end abortion that comports with the Constitution and privacy rights jurisprudence.

There are other and more effective ways to end the practice of abortion besides ‘banning’ it.

What percent of Americans are Christians?

Abortion Is a Common Experience for U.S. Women, Despite Dramatic Declines in Rates
Rates of Abortion Have Declined Among All Groups of Women, But Vary Considerably Between Them

Nearly one in four women in the United States (23.7%) will have an abortion by age 45

So...what does that tell you? Maybe you are the ones in the wrong on this issue. Maybe mainstream Protestant denominations are not all about controlling women's bodies like the MALE leaders of the Catholic Church and evangelicals are.

The so called Christians who embrace abortion are not Christians. The bible tells us about them..they are blasphemers, false prophets, and they are nothing of God.

The so called Christians who embrace abortion are not Christians. The bible tells us about them..they are blasphemers, false prophets, and they are nothing of God.
Oh...DO TELL us who real christians are and who are not real christians. That's always a fascinating discussion, Allie.

For me, babies are a gift from God, and if you are blessed with one then you were chosen by God to bring that baby into this Earth and to make sure it has the best life possible. When God provides the spark inside the womb and starts that precious life it's not our duty, our responsibility, or our right to choose whether it lives or dies in my opinion. Our country's adoption system is broken though in my opinion and really needs to be reformed and made more efficient.

A lot of people say they don't recognize their church anymore.....
I agree with that. For 30 years my church stayed out of politics. Now we have a priest who is very political and it's clear he's a Republican. He has told members muslims are bad, gays are bad and don't vote Democratic because of abortion. I don't recognize the church anymore either. Glad to see so many leaving it.

For me, babies are a gift from God, and if you are blessed with one then you were chosen by God to bring that baby into this Earth and to make sure it has the best life possible. When God provides the spark inside the womb and starts that precious life it's not our duty, our responsibility, or our right to choose whether it lives or dies in my opinion. Our country's adoption system is broken though in my opinion and really needs to be reformed and made more efficient.
You mentioned god 3 times and you do know a lot of us don't believe in god right?

You mentioned god 3 times and you do know a lot of us don't believe in god right?

I do. I was just giving my belief and opinion.

And that is your choice......no one is here to tell you different.

Oh...DO TELL us who real christians are and who are not real christians. That's always a fascinating discussion, Allie.
Real Christians don't advocate for the slaughter of infants and the abuse of pregnant women.
They also don't embrace Islam, or marry homosexuals..or allow open homosexuals to operate as congregation leaders.

For starters.

Real Christians don't advocate for the slaughter of infants and the abuse of pregnant women.
They also don't embrace Islam, or marry homosexuals..or allow open homosexuals to operate as congregation leaders.

For starters.
Real Christians think that the woman was made from a man's rib. Being that dumb, you shouldn't get a vote on anything.

For starters.
Real Christians think that the woman was made from a man's rib. Being that dumb, you shouldn't get a vote on anything.

So, real Christians believe GOD created man. What do you care?

For starters.

So, real Christians believe GOD created man. What do you care?
They believe god created woman from a man’s rib. That’s about as dumb as it gets.

Dennis Prager is of the opinion that Leftism has been the most influential religion in modern times, influencing even religious faiths like Christianity rather than vice versa.

And with the Catholic church giving sermons about the evils of building walls and global warming, and ignoring abortion, which they identify as mass genocide, I can't really argue.

As Mark Twain once said, history may not repeat itself but it sure does rhyme.

salute.jpg

Forum List

Back