If Trump wins? If Clinton wins?

Why would you vote for your candidate?

• I genuinely like Trump- he's dynamic, forceful, doesn't take any crap - he can be the change we need

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Trump's positions match mine far more closer than the other candidates.

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • I am voting for Trump because the possibility of Clinton as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • I genuinely like Clinton - she's measured, thoughtful, has a good grasp of the issues we are facing

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Clinton's positions match mine far more closely than the other candidates

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I am voting for Clinton because the possibility of Trump as POTUS is frightening.

Votes: 11 22.9%
  • I'm not voting.

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because both candidates are too flawed to even consider supporting.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I'm voting 3rd party because neither major candidate's positions align with mine.

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Coyote

Varmint
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 17, 2009
Canis Latrans
The poll allows up to 3 responses. Virtual M&M's to anyone who can discuss this without accusations of shill, partisan hack, etc.

This is why I would vote for Clinton over Trump. Trump is a tremendously scary candidate - NOT because his positions, which are impossible to pin down and promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall) - but it's his inherent and deeply flawed character which I find incomprehensible in a POTUS.

If he wins...what happens? If Clinton wins...what happens? I honestly have never felt this worried about an election, about the bad choices we are faced with, about a potentially horrible future for our country. I've been through a lot of elections...I've swallowed very distasteful choices (8 years of Bush) but nothing like this EVER.

I have to ask, and it would be nice to get meaningful answers rather than idiotic memes, this of Trump voters?

Does any of this worry you? Any of his character flaws? Can you really excuse them away?

I GET that Clinton is deeply flawed...but is Trump really a better choice?

He is shallow, highly vindictive and thin skinned, unable to control his temper or stay on topic, his ignorance is fueled not by a lack of education but a lack of interest. His total lack of preparation for the debates is a worrisome indicator of his ability or willingness to prepare for the highest office in the country and the problems he would face as president. For all the complaints (many justified) about Clinton - she knows what she's doing and she certainly does her work beforehand to study the issues.

This editorial says it best:
Election prediction: Trump loses even if he wins

The best analogy I've heard for this election is that a terrible storm is bearing down upon us. You can either join in raising the alarms and aiding in getting the people to safety, or you can stand by and criticize the fine points of evacuation plans, cast doubt on the strength of the storm and disparage the reputations of the emergency managers.

Trump could promise he would kill all poor people and ship their limbs to cannibals in the Amazon and he would STILL be a better choice than that corrupt ****.

I voted for McMullin, and I will support any effort to impeach whoever is president.

promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall)

Mehico will pay for the wall a hundred times over when Trump rewrites or voids NAFTA. I'd think anybody who's been listening to what's going on would know that. :rolleyes-41:

might be a good thread , i will comply with the threads rules Coyote . I'm a Trump voter and i ticked #1 and #2 . I personally like Trump , i like his style , swagger , age and pro American and America first thoughts promises , policies and positions . Only a few things matter to me in this election and they all have to do with American power , influence and sovereignty which is self determination that is approved of by ME and my fellow SORT of Americans . Just my first comment , i might make more ---------------- oh , PS , get rid of obamacare MANDATE and stop messing with Americas gun owners and gun culture Coyote !! ------------------------------------------------------------------------- also , a note that i only read the opening post , i didn't go to the link . The thread opening post was good enough for me to respond to Coyote .

Last edited:
also , i want the TRUMP and his advisers to determine the right kinda judges that should be sitting on American Courts !!

The poll allows up to 3 responses. Virtual M&M's to anyone who can discuss this without accusations of shill, partisan hack, etc.

This is why I would vote for Clinton over Trump. Trump is a tremendously scary candidate - NOT because his positions, which are impossible to pin down and promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall) - but it's his inherent and deeply flawed character which I find incomprehensible in a POTUS.

If he wins...what happens? If Clinton wins...what happens? I honestly have never felt this worried about an election, about the bad choices we are faced with, about a potentially horrible future for our country. I've been through a lot of elections...I've swallowed very distasteful choices (8 years of Bush) but nothing like this EVER.

I have to ask, and it would be nice to get meaningful answers rather than idiotic memes, this of Trump voters?

Does any of this worry you? Any of his character flaws? Can you really excuse them away?

He is shallow, highly vindictive and thin skinned, unable to control his temper or stay on topic, his ignorance is fueled not by a lack of education but a lack of interest. His total lack of preparation for the debates is a worrisome indicator of his ability or willingness to prepare for the highest office in the country and the problems he would face as president. For all the complaints (many justified) about Clinton - she knows what she's doing and she certainly does her work beforehand to study the issues.

This editorial says it best:
Election prediction: Trump loses even if he wins

The best analogy I've heard for this election is that a terrible storm is bearing down upon us. You can either join in raising the alarms and aiding in getting the people to safety, or you can stand by and criticize the fine points of evacuation plans, cast doubt on the strength of the storm and disparage the reputations of the emergency managers.

Hillary Clinton is a crook. There is no one who doesn't know this. The email fiasco that embroils her, and as of now appears to have cost her the election, is due to the fact she is a crook. Her desire to thwart federal law and escape Freedom of Information Act requirement is the reason she set up the illegal server. All of the rest of the trouble she faces is a direct result of this decision to violate the law. But that is Hillary, she is a crook, she thinks like a crook and would never even consider conducting herself in an honest or honorable way.

Hillary exists to enrich and aggrandize Hillary. From her strategic marriage to Bill Clinton, a sexual predator, Hillary gained the access to extort the Arkansas elite, and extort them she did. Pay to play is the game that Hillary has played from day one. Even the White Water and Castle Grande frauds were based on pay to play. Initially threats of action against businesses by then AG Bill Clinton were used to extort "investments" into the worthless "development" projects run by HRC and the McDougals. After Bill became governor, the sale of favors replaced the earlier extortion. And the Clinton mob grew.

The Clinton Foundation became the clearing house for the mob activities. As SOS, access to the United States Government was sold via payments to the slush fund. The sale of American Uranium stockpiles to Vladimir Putin was done through massive bribes made to Hillary through the Clinton foundation. Iran and Saudi Arabia both bribed the Secretary of State for favors through this slush fund.

Hillary is a Mafia Don, she presides over a vast criminal enterprise. She is not qualified to be president and belongs in prison. Al Capone and John Gotti were legitimate businessmen in comparison to this crook.

If she wins the White House, there will be little change from Obama. Access to the government will still be conducted via bribes. Wall Street will continue to run the nation for their own benefit. Foreign policy will continue to be conducted based on bribes from foreign governments, which will continue the decline of the nation as a world leader.

Hillary will appoint SCOTUS justices who are radical left, of the Kagan persuasion, who will end the Bill of Rights should they gain a majority. Individual liberty will be a thing of the past, replaced by group privilege. Freedom of speech will continue to give way to "hate speech" laws that severely restrict what may be said about favored groups. Religious freedom will vanish as abortion mandates are pushed onto religious organizations and hospitals. Continued attacks on the press such as those by Obama against the AP for stories the administration objects to. Kagan has already vowed to reverse Heller and crush the 2nd Amendment, sparking a civil war. The continued use of illegal search and seizure against enemies of the state will expand under Hillary and the rogue court she appoints. The 5th Amendment will be crushed just as the 1st, 2nd, and 4th were.

The economy under Clinton will mirror Obama's economy. The top 1% will see gains and the middle class will continue to slide into poverty, as is the goal of the left. The march toward a two tiered society with a ruling elite and a vast underclass in abject poverty will continue, bringing the nation closer to the dream of feudalism that the left fights diligently to bring about.

promises which he can in no way fulfill (making Mexico pay for a wall)

Mehico will pay for the wall a hundred times over when Trump rewrites or voids NAFTA. I'd think anybody who's been listening to what's going on would know that. :rolleyes-41:

Voiding NAFTA would also have a huge impact on us. Can a president do it on his own? None of it would pay for a wall as it would cost both us as well as Mexico.

might be a good thread , i will comply with the threads rules Coyote . I'm a Trump voter and i ticked #1 and #2 . I personally like Trump , i like his style , swagger , age and pro American and America first thoughts promises , policies and positions . Only a few things matter to me in this election and they all have to do with American power , influence and sovereignty which is self determination that is approved of by ME and my fellow SORT of Americans . Just my first comment , i might make more ---------------- oh , PS , get rid of obamacare MANDATE and stop messing with Americas gun owners and gun culture Coyote !! ------------------------------------------------------------------------- also , a note that i only read the opening post , i didn't go to the link . The thread opening post was good enough for me to respond to Coyote .

Thank you pismoe - I am genuinely curious as to why people support the candidates they do :)

also , i want the TRUMP and his advisers to determine the right kinda judges that should be sitting on American Courts !!

I can understand that - the SCOTUS is another reason I would support Clinton, but it didn't occur to me to add it to the poll.

As I told my son, Donald Trump is a wild card as foreign relations are concerned. Really, same on domestic issues. He could be great or could be a disaster.

Hillary represents a takeover of the American public, if not an attempt to take over the world. If she's elected watch your ass.

Voiding NAFTA would also have a huge impact on us. Can a president do it on his own? None of it would pay for a wall as it would cost both us as well as Mexico.

Google what our trade balance with Mehico was before NAFTA and look at what it is now....it's really very simple.

I cannot in good conscience vote for either.

I will certainly vote on state and local issues, but I'm sitting this one out. This election takes the notion of voting for the lesser of two evils to new extremes, and I find that particular mind set to be part of he problem instead of part of the solution.

I'm voting Libertarian because I want them to get to the 5% nation wide vote. I'm not in a battle ground state. That aside, I think Trump would be the worst president since 1865 when Lincoln was assassinated and the country got Andrew Johnson.

But we survived that and we will survive either one of these candidates.

This is the best link exploring pros /cons: 6 Pros and Cons of NAFTA

Terrible analysis....it admits it's killed tens of thousands of jobs and depressed wages.....70,000 factories closed since the mid-90's thanks to NAFTA and admitting China to the WTO. Everybody heard Perot's "giant sucking sound" of equipment and resources fleeing to Mehico in the first year that were counted as EXPORTS. Mehico will pay for the goddamn wall a hundred times over when the balance of trade shifts back in our favor. Forget them for a moment....Canuckistan is ripping us a new one on timber and tar sand oil (we import more oil from them than the Saudis) and find a way to restrict our exports to them. While NAFTA isn't a total disgrace, it has to be rewritten or voided and a new agreement put in place. The bribery the Clintons used to get that passed was legend...check out the promises made to Florida tomato growers that NAFTA then put out of business in the following years.

If Trump wins the Senate Democrats power of filibuster will be THE GREATEST THING EVER!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------- internal and eternal political war between Trump people and enemy democrats is fine Carbineer !!

New Topics

Forum List

Back