If Trump really will try using an EO to cut payroll taxes, prevent evictions, and change student loan repayment ... should the dems pass another bill

Trump, like every other statist president has no problem abusing EOs
POS SC would probably back it too

the gop senate will not accept and just leave it to the Scotus to determine whether or not we are still a republic?
Just now waking up to the Executive branch using EOs to drive an agenda that Congress would not support?
Where were you when the black guy used "a pen and a telephone" to make "law of the land'?

the gop senate will not accept and just leave it to the Scotus to determine whether or not we are still a republic?

I am not impressed with payroll tax cuts unless the tax itself is reduced. Otherwise it is a pay the government now or pay the government later. For many, coming up with a lump sum later is much more difficult.

I don't think the payroll tax cut is any good, it will cut medicare and SS which tramp wants to do away with and will only be beneficial to those that work.

If he cuts it, will it be for self employed individuals as well?? If not we are screwed.

I don't think the payroll tax cut is any good, it will cut medicare and SS which tramp wants to do away with and will only be beneficial to those that work.

If he cuts it, will it be for self employed individuals as well?? If not we are screwed.
Obama cut the payroll tax and mived money around so no cuts happened.
How do you know captain clorox wouldnt do that? Because the media told you so.
Dumbass

Your answer was more to the point of this particular payroll tax cut than mine. It probably is for the purpose of damaging medicare and social security. Nobody for cutting benefits, but people unlikely to go along with raising the payroll tax higher after the emergency to pay for the shortfall caused.

Your answer was more to the point of this particular payroll tax cut than mine. It probably is for the purpose of damaging medicare and social security. Nobody for cutting benefits, but people unlikely to go along with raising the payroll tax higher after the emergency to pay for the shortfall caused.
payroll taxes work very well to stimulate the economy but they don't help unemployed people. The point right now is NOT to stimulate the econ so much as it is just keeping people who lost jobs able to feed themselves and remain in their homes. The gop likes the payroll tax cut more than direct aid because it hastens the day of reckoning for social security. They still harbor some fantasy that Americans will choose keeping the Navy over Social Security.

But I was really wondering about how the scotus views power. EOs are iffy things. Obama did DACA because despite a supermaj of voters wanting it, a minority of the gop minority congress kept Mitch from passing it. So Obama did the EO.

I think generally the scotus is not in favor or enabling congress to not do their job. Compromise is part of the job. If we just allow 10% of the elected legislators to veto legislation, our constitution has failed. Congress may pass laws we don't like, but the remedy we have is to vote them out, and get new laws. The electoral college is not really the issue. As we are seeing before our very eyes, Ariz an NC are now purple. Ga to follow. Fla would be light blue but for their legislature being able to veto the citizen initiative to let former felons vote. And Idaho this week moved to let former felons vote.

Reagan, and W, knew that for the center right govt to hold it has to get latinos. Mitch McConnell knows this too, but his solution was to pack the appellate courts with whites.

Live by "I have a pen and I have a phone", you can die by it.

That's not excusing Trump, that's just admitting that I had no higher expectations of him.

Let Trump do what he does. Democrats have NO ideas other than Communism is king and Trump bad. Elect Trump and let the USA be the greatest country in the world. Trump needs 4 more years to teach these communist countries and our Democrat party how to act. No brainer

Trump will not cut SS/Medicare. That is suicide. But if our economy tanks you have to wonder if at some point there may be reductions in payouts and rationing of medicine. Government will have tough decisions. Progs want to end medical care for old people. That is a fact.

Holy fuck, bendog, when are you going to figure it out and learn that we ceased being anything that resembles a republic back in 1933? Do you even know what event happened that year?

Forum List

Back