If there were no such thing as opinion talk shows....

You're right. I am saying talk shows are divisive. I'm not saying talk shows should be banned. I am, however, saying that I dont believe talk radio is considered "journalism" and therefore not considered "the press". Talk radio is for entertainment purposes only, if you think talk radio is what they were referring to by "freedom of the press", then youd have to consider every television show in existence to have some sort of constitutional protection, since they all serve the same purpose.

I'm sorry, but news stops being news when someone try's to interject their own spin into it, and starts trying to influence its audience.

Again, my whike point of this thread was not to discuss what was constitutional or not, I merely was just asking if most of the hate and divide we see in america today would still be there if opinion talk radio didnt exist.
Whatever ...

Your original point was clear.

You think talk radio should be banned.

We heard you the first time.
Incorrect, my original point was about the effects of opinion talk shows on our society. The fact that I dont consider those shows to be "news", or "journalism", and therefore not necessarily what the founders were talking about under freedom of the press, in no way means they should banned.

Incorrect, my original point was about the effects of opinion talk shows on our society. The fact that I dont consider those shows to be "news", or "journalism", and therefore not necessarily what the founders were talking about under freedom of the press, in no way means they should banned.
We patriots know who you are ....

Even if your Useful Idiot ASS doesn't see it .....

ok.... :)

The Fake News MSM is the most divisive media in this Country.

The fact that you would target talk radio and not all the divisive intentional LIES coming from the Fake News MSM truly clarifies your position here ....

Again ... despite whether or not you realize it.

The Fake News MSM is the most divisive media in this Country.

The fact that you would target talk radio and not all the divisive intentional LIES coming from the Fake News MSM truly clarifies your position here ....

Again ... despite whether or not you realize it.

Okie Doke :)

I'm clearly not articulating my stance well enough, or, you are clearly not going to believe what I am saying, even though I've stated it several times, so, no point in really discussing it with you as you are going to believe what you believe regardless of how I try and explain it to you.

You think I'm a leftist, when what I really am is someone who doesnt necessarily buy in to the story, regardless of what side tells it. I think all media is biased and there is no truth left in the reporting of news when it comes from an opinion talk host, and yes, though I didnt say it, any opinion articles printed on the net or on paper.

So, according to you, because I dont fall for the programming that these talking heads spew, I'm a leftist. Guess I need to find some leftists friends and have a drink.

So, according to you, because I dont fall for the programming that these talking heads spew, I'm a leftist.

Not exactly.

I think you spew Leftist ideology by not supporting the 1st Amendment to the US Constitution in full.

Guess I need to find some leftists friends and have a drink.
Better make 'em doubles .... ;)
Roger Dodger. Again, im not going to convince you of something if you have your mind set against it so, nice chatting with you, enjoy the rest of your week :)

Roger Dodger. Again, im not going to convince you of something if you have your mind set against it so, nice chatting with you, enjoy the rest of your week :)
There are lots of folks out there on the Left that don't truly understand the political positions they support.

You are not unique in this ...

Forum List

Back