"If there was a jihadi attack on US, and Biden called for War against the Middle East...would you support him?"

So, just got done arguing with my relatives who are upset we're leaving the US.

I told them the rhetoric concerning "New War on Domestic Terrorism..." is the writing on the wall.

I said: "Imagine if jihadis launched another attack on the US, and Biden/Mitch/Cheney/Clinton and the MSM started up the war drums to invade the Middle East AGAIN, and conservatives like us, real conservatives, who stood up to obstruct and protest such a war were labelled as "jihadist sympathizers," and thrown in to concentration camps/gitmo, would you support the establishment in going to war to throwing your country men into camps for protesting/obstructing such a war?"

"I will do and go along with whatever MY PRESIDENT SAYS," is how she responded.

And I said..."That's exactly why I am bringing my family and business to Brazil. And btw, your husband (my brother) will now how to pay his own car leases (two leases that I've been paying for a several years). Good luck to you Catherine...by the way, did they ever find those weapons of mass destruction?" Then I hung up the phone.

You're asking us if we would support something which just wouldn't happen. No one would be put into any internment camp. Stop being such a drama queen.

To answer the question you asked in your title, and not the fanciful, sky-is-falling scenario you seemed to dream up:

If we were attacked and the President wanted to retaliate? I would support him 100%. But here's the thing: I would do that knowing that my neighbor who might not support it isn't going to end up in a cell.

Two things: First, your thread title is misleading. Second, severing ties with family over a political difference is stupid...

I am fairly conservative but I get that our middle class is shrinking and I think we have to invest in the American people or ultimately we'll be Venezuela..

Is investing in our people liberal? The dog eat dog Republican type is a myopic creature.
I have some "conservative" views as well, but I don't project them unto others, as I'm not an authoritarian.

I believe when you live in a society, there's a "price" to pay for that society.

Scripture tells us that you can't escape death and taxes.

Republicans pretend to be Christians, but demonize things that are Biblical.

But anyway, I truly appreciate your voice on here. Looking forward to more of it.

Thank you. I'm not authoritarian either. You know I'm in Buckhead.

During the Bush II regime, all Republicans/Conservatives/Rightwingers, to a man/woman, were on messageboards arguing that we needed to get the oil, and/or stop Hussein, and/or bring freedumb to da peepull, etc.

Now they're pretending to have always been anti-war, and some are pretending to be anti-war now, because Trump told them to.

Go find my pro-war posts in my history and get back to me. That's why I voted Obama in 2012. Then Obama went full gun grabbing in 2013 and I started an account here.

During the Bush II regime, all Republicans/Conservatives/Rightwingers, to a man/woman, were on messageboards arguing that we needed to get the oil, and/or stop Hussein, and/or bring freedumb to da peepull, etc.

Now they're pretending to have always been anti-war, and some are pretending to be anti-war now, because Trump told them to.

Go find my pro-war posts in my history and get back to me. That's why I voted Obama in 2012. Then Obama went full gun grabbing in 2013 and I started an account here.

Obama confiscated your guns?

I'll take your word.

Obama didn't grab any guns though. Surely you know this.

I told them the rhetoric concerning "New War on Domestic Terrorism..." is the writing on the wall.

I said: "Imagine if jihadis launched another attack on the US, and Biden/Mitch/Cheney/Clinton and the MSM started up the war drums to invade the Middle East AGAIN, and conservatives like us, real conservatives, who stood up to obstruct and protest such a war were labelled as "jihadist sympathizers," and thrown in to concentration camps/gitmo, would you support the establishment in going to war to throwing your country men into camps for protesting/obstructing such a war?"

And I said..."That's exactly why I am bringing my family and business to Brazil. And btw, your husband (my brother) will now how to pay his own car leases (two leases that I've been paying for a several years). Good luck to you Catherine...by the way, did they ever find those weapons of mass destruction?" Then I hung up the phone.

You're asking us if we would support something which just wouldn't happen. No one would be put into any internment camp. Stop being such a drama queen.

To answer the question you asked in your title, and not the fanciful, sky-is-falling scenario you seemed to dream up:

If we were attacked and the President wanted to retaliate? I would support him 100%. But here's the thing: I would do that knowing that my neighbor who might not support it isn't going to end up in a cell.

Two things: First, your thread title is misleading. Second, severing ties with family over a political difference is stupid...

It did happen.

Conde Rice even said she gave Cheney several documents "Osama Determined to Attack Inside the United States."

POTUS Cheney decided to ignore them on purpose and attack Afgan/Iraq for something AlQ did.

You establishment cucks lapped it up, left and right.

I'm going to a country where His Excellency knows exactly how to deal with neocons and communistas.

Cuomo did, have you seen the "SAFE ACT"

That is not true.
I do not remember the attorney's name, but Bush had an OR attorney imprisoned for months on suspicion, and finally let go without any charges, bail hearing, etc.
He essentially suspended habeas corpus.
And actually every single person ever held at Guantanamo was held illegally.
The fact one calls them POWs does not alter the fact that legally they are supposed to have full rights under the constitution if held under US authority.

Any president who would violate rights or illegally attack countries that are innocent, is a criminal who need to be arrested.

I don't know what that is. Is it Federal?

Well, since two of his first actions as Pres were to open up immigration from countries rife with terrorism in order to facilitate terrorists coming here and then legitimizing Hamas by renaming our ambassador to Israel as ambassador to Israel West Bank and Gaza strip, I think it only natural to ask a question in regards to the question posed

On which side?

"

{...

The New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013, commonly known as the NY SAFE Act, is a gun regulation law in the state of New York. The law was passed by the New York State Legislature and was signed into law by Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo in January 2013. The legislation was written in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, and the December 24 Webster, New York, shooting. Cuomo described the law as the toughest gun control law in the United States.

The NY SAFE Act contains a number of firearms regulations. It also contains a severability provision that allows other measures to remain in place in case the broad prohibitions against weapons are invalidated by the courts.

...}

I do not like any gun control at all, but at least state gun control can be legal, unlike federal gun control, which is all inherently and totally illegal.

Well, since two of his first actions as Pres were to open up immigration from countries rife with terrorism in order to facilitate terrorists coming here and then legitimizing Hamas by renaming our ambassador to Israel as ambassador to Israel West Bank and Gaza strip, I think it only natural to ask a question in regards to the question posed

On which side?

"

And what do you have against recognizing Palestine, since it is the only county authorized by international treaty in the Levant?

That is not true.
I do not remember the attorney's name, but Bush had an OR attorney imprisoned for months on suspicion, and finally let go without any charges, bail hearing, etc.

Well... How wonderfully convenient.

Not true, indeed...

{...

The New York Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act of 2013, commonly known as the NY SAFE Act, is a gun regulation law in the state of New York. The law was passed by the New York State Legislature and was signed into law by Governor of New York Andrew Cuomo in January 2013. The legislation was written in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, and the December 24 Webster, New York, shooting. Cuomo described the law as the toughest gun control law in the United States.

The NY SAFE Act contains a number of firearms regulations. It also contains a severability provision that allows other measures to remain in place in case the broad prohibitions against weapons are invalidated by the courts.

...}

I do not like any gun control at all, but at least state gun control can be legal, unlike federal gun control, which is all inherently and totally illegal.

Considering Sandy Hook, it sounds reasonable to me.

We have laws about seat belts and who can have a driver's license..

On which side?

"

And what do you have against recognizing Palestine, since it is the only county authorized by international treaty in the Levant?
Gaza is Hamas. Hamas is terrorism.

You rely on two fallacies, namely the appeal to authority and the appeal to popularity The fact that you are an antisemite, the person who thanked you is an antisemite and so much of the world is antisemitic does not de-legitimize the rights of a people who have existed for 3500 years -- ESPECIALLY when the made up group called "Palestinian" did not even exist when I was a child.

It did happen.

Conde Rice even said she gave Cheney several documents "Osama Determined to Attack Inside the United States."

POTUS Cheney decided to ignore them on purpose and attack Afgan/Iraq for something AlQ did.

You establishment cucks lapped it up, left and right.

I'm going to a country where His Excellency knows exactly how to deal with neocons and communistas.

What in the holy fuck are you talking about?

What the fuck does Condie Rice giving some ultimately ignored documents on Osama Bin Laden to Cheney have anything to do with John Q. Public and his ilk being rounded up and put in camps.

It just ain't happenin'.

Those held in Gitmo weren't Americans speaking out against the war, so your example fails...

Hahaha, what a load of crap. Hillary, Kerry, Biden, they all voted for the war. And these are the people you vote for. So save us the “courage” bullshit.
Sure, they too, lacked courage, but who pushed for that vote?

Who pushed those detrimental policies?
The Deep State.

You actually believe George Bush came up with the idea himself? Do you think Obama came up with the idea to overthrow Assad on his own?

Do you honestly think any of these Presidents do anything on their own? Well, we had one, President Trump, who refused to play their game. And they crucified him for it.

It wasn't any "deep state" pushing these ideas. It was Bush and Cheney. Bush wanted revenge on Saddam for trying to assassinate his father, and Cheney wanted the oil. In fact, they got really pissy that the CIA and the NSA refused to back up their lies about WMD's and Saddam's nuclear stockpiles, and demanded that both agencies find evidence to back up their assertions.

That's the exact opposite of the "deep state" controlling the agenda. During the Trump Administration, the FBI and the CIA were very focussed on cyber attacks and right wing terrorism, and Trump ignored both.
Brazil. Strict gun laws, no guarantee you'll be granted a license, registration of all firearms, all handguns illegal except in certain case, high crime...

Someone has not given this much thought...

You are describing the USA'S future.

Unlikely, but either way, I'd rather stay where it has yet to happen and we have a fighting chance rather than run to a place where there is no chance.

No place anywhere has any chance.

It's over.

You wealth has 5-12x the value in Latin America and most of South America.

Pack up your shit and follow me. Start a business and join the local church and convert to Catholicism if you must.

That is the only way to avoid being a casualty of the "Great Reset."

Only people with worth and people smart enough to preserve their current worth will survive this storm.

The sky is falling. The sky is falling. Go ahead Chicken little. Learn to speak Portugese.

You are an idiot

Paranoid and completely lacking in reason or common sense. Sounds like a conservative to me. What's hysterically funny is you're moving to Brazil for your safety!!!! Even in the best of times, it's one notch above a banana republic.

I’d move there over a place like Canada, love the hockey but that place is to damn cold. I’ll take a warmer climate anytime.

False scenario.
If jihadists attacked, Biden would immediately apologize to the jihadists for American Imperialism and that their anger should be reflected on and understood by privileged Americans.

New Topics

Forum List

Back