If the Virginia Gov and Lt Gov Resign As They Should

190202113118-tease-ralph-northam-yearbook-photo-handout-super-tease.jpg

It looks like a costume. I'm guessing the other guy is in a costume, too?

Why is it racist? I want this explained, please, not just a bunch of political mumbo jumbo. Asclepias?
because we've defined almost everything as racist *if* it furthered a political goal or party.

to me, the left has gone crazy on calling the right racist, nazi, supremacist and so forth. kids do stupid stuff all the time. it's called growing up and learning. to sit and judge by todays standards what we did 30+ years ago, we're all going to be guilty of something.

what i find karma-related-haha-funny is that the gov accused his opponent of blatant racism. we've gotten to the point where we use it regardless of whether that person is or not simply because we either don't want to or are not able to dive into an intelligent discussion around it.

live by the racism, die by it. i think it's stupid but when people get hit enough with the boomerang of their idiocy, maybe they'll cut it out.
Are you saying there is no rational reason for calling him a racist? I'll wait to hear from a black poster. Paul Essien
i don't think 1 picture, 30+ years ago, defines him completely today.
If I dress as a hula dancer, does that mean I disrespect and hate Hawaiians? If I put on a cowboy outfit, hid my hair under my hat and put on a fake mustache, does that mean I hate men?
I just don't get where a costume like that is racist, but maybe that's because I don't think like that? I'm still waiting for an explanation.

Why is it racist? I want this explained, please, not just a bunch of political mumbo jumbo. Asclepias?
because we've defined almost everything as racist *if* it furthered a political goal or party.

to me, the left has gone crazy on calling the right racist, nazi, supremacist and so forth. kids do stupid stuff all the time. it's called growing up and learning. to sit and judge by todays standards what we did 30+ years ago, we're all going to be guilty of something.

what i find karma-related-haha-funny is that the gov accused his opponent of blatant racism. we've gotten to the point where we use it regardless of whether that person is or not simply because we either don't want to or are not able to dive into an intelligent discussion around it.

live by the racism, die by it. i think it's stupid but when people get hit enough with the boomerang of their idiocy, maybe they'll cut it out.
Are you saying there is no rational reason for calling him a racist? I'll wait to hear from a black poster. Paul Essien
If I dress as a hula dancer, does that mean I disrespect and hate Hawaiians? If I put on a cowboy outfit, hid my hair under my hat and put on a fake mustache, does that mean I hate men?
I just don't get where a costume like that is racist, but maybe that's because I don't think like that? I'm still waiting for an explanation.
for the most part i'm agreeing with you. i have no idea if he's racist or not and i don't think a 30 year old picture when times were different is enough to say he is.

i think people do it now cause the left is crazy out there calling EVERYONE racist. paula dean - she was harassed and fired for saying the N word 30+ years ago.

this is what identity politics does and you see the right saying FRY HIM cause the left set the tone in the past and now it's coming back to haunt them. we really don't care who people are anymore, just what we can call them that benefits ourselves.

Why should they resign?
Democratic Party requirement.
we really need to stop repeating stupidity just because someone else is good at it.

if we're all to be held accountable for what happened in what was arguably another time, we're all screwed. don't validate their bullshit by compounding it with more bullshit.
Believe all women.
Except those who accused Trump

for the most part i'm agreeing with you. i have no idea if he's racist or not and i don't think a 30 year old picture when times were different is enough to say he is.

i think people do it now cause the left is crazy out there calling EVERYONE racist. paula dean - she was harassed and fired for saying the N word 30+ years ago.

this is what identity politics does and you see the right saying FRY HIM cause the left set the tone in the past and now it's coming back to haunt them. we really don't care who people are anymore, just what we can call them that benefits ourselves.
You obviously did not see or hear his press conference on Saturday

Here, maybe this will help.
If You Choose To Wear Blackface On Halloween, You're Just Plain Racist | HuffPost

What do you think will be the response if there was a pic of an elected official who was dressed up in a Nazi uniform next to a guy who is posing as a holocaust victim?

Do you think people would be going "what's the big deal? how is this anti-Semitic"?

If You Choose To Wear Blackface On Halloween, You're Just Plain Racist | HuffPost
there's been countless slams lately for people who did this in the past. megan kelly said pretty much what oldlady is saying and she got lambasted. this is the definition of the left and it's ignorant. but if they're going to make this the standard to be judged by then they MUST apply it to themselves.

ONLY THEN will they MAYBE stop doing this stupid shit that hits them harder than it hit anyone else.

What do you think will be the response if there was a pic of an elected official who was dressed up in a Nazi uniform next to a guy who is posing as a holocaust victim?

Do you think people would be going "what's the big deal? how is this anti-Semitic"?
i think people look for reasons to be mad and all PC and don't really care anymore what that reason is.

1 picture DOES NOT tell an entire story.

there's been countless slams lately for people who did this in the past. megan kelly said pretty much what oldlady is saying and she got lambasted. this is the definition of the left and it's ignorant. but if they're going to make this the standard to be judged by then they MUST apply it to themselves.

ONLY THEN will they MAYBE stop doing this stupid shit that hits them harder than it hit anyone else.

Well, if you were to dress up as a hula dancer or put on a cowboy hat, according to liberals that's some kind of cultural appropriation. As far are stopping the stupid shit, not sure how to stop something that happened 20-30 years ago. Nevertheless, whatever rules apply should apply to both the left and the right.

i think people look for reasons to be mad and all PC and don't really care anymore what that reason is.

1 picture DOES NOT tell an entire story.
I asked a question .....if this was a guy in a Nazi outfit with a guy who is posing as a holocaust victim -- will there be this ambiguous back and forth on whether it is anti-Semitic or not....would there be people telling families of holocaust victims to stop being so PC and get over it?

Well, if you were to dress up as a hula dancer or put on a cowboy hat, according to liberals that's some kind of cultural appropriation. As far are stopping the stupid shit, not sure how to stop something that happened 20-30 years ago. Nevertheless, whatever rules apply should apply to both the left and the right.
61A1MYAsubL._SX355_.jpg

I don't recall these guys being boycotted by any liberals.....do you?

61A1MYAsubL._SX355_.jpg

Yea, and they were popular when no one heard much from liberals.

61A1MYAsubL._SX355_.jpg

liberals were not boycott crazy at the time. do you really think if they did this today the liberal posse wouldn't come out to play?

I was around in 1984 and times weren't different then.

But I'm still waiting to find out why it is offensive.

I was around in 1984 and times weren't different then.

But I'm still waiting to find out why it is offensive.
cause the left needs it to be when they get a right based person doing it and they run away when it comes back to them.

61A1MYAsubL._SX355_.jpg

They were popular in the 70's and early 80's

Are you saying liberals were not heard from much during that time despite passing the Voting and Civil Rights Act years before then....did the liberals take a break during Vietnam too?

Just admit that your idiotic pearl clutching and desperate attempts at false equivalencies are failing...

61A1MYAsubL._SX355_.jpg

They were popular in the 70's and early 80's

Are you saying liberals were not heard from much during that time despite passing the Voting and Civil Rights Act years before then....did the liberals take a break during Vietnam too?

Just admit that your idiotic pearl clutching and desperate attempts at false equivalencies are failing...
oooo - "false equivalencies" - got the latest leftist buzzword in. congrats!

Forum List

Back