Zone1 If the US were to declare itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would you think it would be?

If the US declared itself a Christian nation, what version of Christianity would it be?

• Roman Catholic

• Protestant (name the denomination in a comment)

• Mormon

• Generic Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.
I've read what you wrote.
Christ was taken before Pilot and questioned before he was sent to the cross. Pilot asked, "Are you a king"? Jesus replied, "Yes, but not of this world, because if I were, my disciples would certainly take up arms to free me" I am paraphrasing here, but you get the idea.

Before this, many of the people wanted to make Jesus a king after he did the miracle with the fish and bread. I mean, who does not like free food out of thin air, but when they started shouting to make him an earthy king, he left quickly and rejected their advances. His disciples were just as confused as you are now. Why did he not want to be an earthy king?

And I can show you scriptures about satan being the god of this world and its political systems.

But does this mean Christians cannot hold political office? No. It also does not mean they cannot vote and cannot try to effect positive change that they think will help society, just like everyone else. It just means that the political system they participate in is a whore house of men vying for political power and should not be confused with the righteous nature of God's kingdom.

And as the Founders rightly said, the last thing we want is the state preaching from the pulpit like in England.

In fact, any criticism of the church often comes from the evils of theocracies of the Catholic church with it's Inquisitions and Crusades. Christ had nothing to do with this, rather, it was all about the political power of men. To this day those in the Middle East refer to those in the West as Crusaders.

Thankfully, Establishment Clause jurisprudence says you're wrong.
Permitting the free exercise of religion in public does not establish a religion. It simply permits the free exercise of religion. Why are people so terrified of the free practice of religion?

I want women to be intelligent enough to control their own bodies, but you leftist vermin refuse to allow women to be intelligent enough for even that.

Be glad you don't live in my neighborhood, where my female neighbors would eat you for lunch.

But until then you'll control their bodies for them... just like the Taliban.

They are that. You just want to control them like the Taliban.
They are obviously not intelligent enough to avoid making unwanted babies.

The good part is that the same behavior that creates unwanted babies also gives them the lovely gift of STD's, which they so richly deserve.

One duty of one of my old jobs was giving gigantic penicillin injections to sluts with gonorrhea. It was fun and I did it without sympathy. An 18ga needle is huge and it hurts a lot going into the muscle.

First, let me say that I am adamantly opposed to the amending of the 1st amendment. I think our current way of doing it is far superior. And I would fight against the US adopting ANY official religion.

But the topic has been discussed in other threads, so I wanted to ask this question.
1669749756778.png

First, let me say that I am adamantly opposed to the amending of the 1st amendment. I think our current way of doing it is far superior. And I would fight against the US adopting ANY official religion.

But the topic has been discussed in other threads, so I wanted to ask this question.

Law and the Constitution are founded on the Ten Commandments. To understand this you would have to understand that it was supposed to be written by the hand of God and so could not be change nor broken by even the latest big enchilada.

These are abstracti

My views :
It seems increasingly likely more Americans will have no faith in God.

So US ==> a Christian nation = zero probability

Whatever will happen, will happen. Amen!

Facts:
In a new study out today, Pew projects that in 2070, Christians will likely make up less than half the US population.

Currently, 64 percent of people say they are Christian, but nearly a third of those raised Christian eventually switch to “none” or “nothing in particular,” while only about 20 percent of those raised without religion become Christian. If that ratio of switching continues at a steady pace, then in roughly half a century, only about 46 percent of Americans will identify as Christian.

Source:Decline of Christianity Shows No Signs of Stopping | News & Reporting | Christianity Today – Decline of Christianity Shows No Signs of Stopping

They are obviously not intelligent enough to avoid making unwanted babies.

The good part is that the same behavior that creates unwanted babies also gives them the lovely gift of STD's, which they so richly deserve.

One duty of one of my old jobs was giving gigantic penicillin injections to sluts with gonorrhea. It was fun and I did it without sympathy. An 18ga needle is huge and it hurts a lot going into the muscle.
So you're a sadist, just like the Taliban. You guys have a lot in common. Maybe you should also wrap your head in a dirty towel.

So you're a sadist, just like the Taliban. You guys have a lot in common. Maybe you should also wrap your head in a dirty towel.

So you want to convince me that I have to be responsible for the pain that someone inflicted on themself by having sex with a stranger.

Your opinion has been noted and discarded.

Last edited:
Permitting the free exercise of religion in public does not establish a religion. It simply permits the free exercise of religion. Why are people so terrified of the free practice of religion?

- they know people like you ...

1669754453159.png

enablers of evil, try bringing the crucifiers to justice and see what a difference that would make of course they would need rewrite their c-bible to do that -

It would be the most pagan version of Christianity out there. It would be Evangelical Christianity which would include Baptist, Pentecostal, and other similar types that teach “getting saved”.

I clicked Protestant but it would likely be generic Christian but limited to a ridiculous theology of repentance, and a personal relationship.

Forum List

Back