If the state can compel artistic expression for events they'd rather keep silent about....

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
What do you think is next?

"She’s soft-spoken, has 23 grandkids, professes love for the gay customer who tried to hire her for his wedding and helped him find another florist when she politely declined (it was Washington’s AG, not the customer, who filed the discrimination complaint against her), and stands to lose her business and possibly her home if the state keeps coming after her for this."

"...how do we justify the threat to Stutzman’s freedom of expression in forcing her to put together floral arrangements for an event about which she’d rather be silent? If the state can compel her to express herself artistically in that case, what other coercive forms of expression can it insist upon from businesses?"

Christian florist Why I can t agree to provide service to gay weddings Hot Air

This country has been through this when southern whites refused to sell or provide services to blacks, you people still don't get it do you

NC Senate leaders push to legalize discrimination

"Senator Buck Newton was presenting Berger’s bill to the Senate Judiciary—Berger was delayed by the winter weather—and at one point a legislative staff member was asked if the proposal would also allow magistrates to refuse to marry interracial couples or couples of different faiths."

The answer apparently is yes, that it is ok with the elected leaders of the state Senate if public employees refuse to provide public services to taxpayers because of the taxpayers’ race or religion or sexual orientation.

Senate leaders push to legalize discrimination NC Policy Watch

History has the answer.

What happened to music composers in Nazi Germany who refused to compose for the glory of the Reich?

In Mussolini's Italy Il Duce's face was everywhere. An artist that refused to create for his benefit was imprisoned.

The Pharoah just chained artists to rocks until they performed.

Control of artistic expression is the first thing dictators do.

Jews were forced to perform medical procedures on other Jews at the behest of Nazis in the death camps.

Christian slaves in Roman times were forced to maintain the Roman pagan shrines as well.

Jews were forced to perform medical procedures on other Jews at the behest of Nazis in the death camps.

Christian slaves in Roman times were forced to maintain the Roman pagan shrines as well.
That's different since neither is artistic expression. Jewish slaves were forced to carve statues of the gods and goddesses though and forcing an artist to produce art to mark that what she abhors is just like that. There is no difference. No one has the right to the artistry of another. Not under any circumstances.

I was furious when two lesbians thought they could force me to paint their portrait. How fucking dare they imagine they had a civil right to my creativity.

They couldn't do it of course because I had protected myself. But how dare someone imagine that there is a civil right to creation. Whatever law protecting this bullshit needs to be repealed and artists protected.

This country has been through this when southern whites refused to sell or provide services to blacks, you people still don't get it do you

Blacks ain't PERVERTS trying to force themselves on normals using laws not intended for them. And don't think blacks like the comparison to queers...they don't, unless there is something in it for them of course. Blacks are about as anti-"gay" as there is....there will come a time when they've had enough of the comparison and start wilding at queer events.

Even if you agree that blacks and gays are entitled to goods and services they aren't entitled to artistry. Not under any circumstances.

"Senator Buck Newton was presenting Berger’s bill to the Senate Judiciary—Berger was delayed by the winter weather—and at one point a legislative staff member was asked if the proposal would also allow magistrates to refuse to marry interracial couples or couples of different faiths."

The answer apparently is yes, that it is ok with the elected leaders of the state Senate if public employees refuse to provide public services to taxpayers because of the taxpayers’ race or religion or sexual orientation.

Why aren't any of America's queers confronting Muslim-owned businesses in attempting to make similar political statements? Cowards? Is that it? Are you in ultra sissy mode even contemplating such an eventuality?

I dare statist and dots to demand that Muslim artists bring flowers and gakes to their nuptials.

how dare dem uppity white folks

I dare statist and dots to demand that Muslim artists bring flowers and gakes to their nuptials.
Muslims don't offer wedding services to the general public. I was at the muslim bakery in Westwood when a gay couple tried to set up an appointment for tasting and design. No deal. They could buy any cake in the case. That's as far as they got.

Yet this same bakery made quite an elaborate cake for my friend's wedding.

Forum List

Back