If the Republicans win the Senate in 2020 they will end the ACA

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
and everything that goes with it. They have 22 seats and that is why they are chickenshit to do it now, as the ACA is popular even with Republicans.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The U.S. Senate has 53 Republicans and 47 Democrats (including two independents). There are 34 seats up in 2020 - including a special election in Arizona - of which 22 are held by the GOP. Democrats will need to gain 3 or 4 seats to take control.
2020 Senate Election Interactive Map

and

But the 2020 map is seen as more challenging, and many in the GOP can’t understand why Trump would plunge them into a fight over health care just as he was surfing a wave of good news brought by the end of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

“It doesn’t seem to make sense politically,” said one Republican senator, who questioned why Trump would give Democrats a new avenue of attack.

Another Republican senator said, “We would be crazy to try to go through what we went through again,” referring to the failed 2017 effort to repeal ObamaCare, which fell one vote short in the Senate.

A third Republican senator expressed hope that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) will join House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in pressing Trump to back off his aggressive push to defeat the 2010 health care law in court.

GOP senators blindsided by Trump on ObamaCare

In 2017:

Nancy Pelosi: "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

In 2020:

Nancy Pelosi:"We still have to pass the bill to find out what's in it."

the-affordable-care-act-has-been-the-law-for-3-5569088.png

Huh?

Meat puppet faggot care is as good as repealed.

It's going to be ruled unconstitutional as it should have been to begin with, but it's at least no longer allowing the government to steal thousands of dollars from people who don't want to pay for something they don't need or want, thanks to Trump.

Hopefully the DNC gets trounced again like they did in 2010 for passing that legislative abortion in the first place.

You are damn right sister....:5_1_12024:

The fuckin Kenyan lied to us about our healthcare....

On NBC News’ Meet the Press Sunday morning, host David Gregory resurrected a favorite right-wing attack on the Affordable Care Act, asking House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to defend her 2010 comment that

“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.” (by the Republicans no less.)
The Context Behind Nancy Pelosi’s Famous ‘We Have to Pass the Bill’ Quote
----------------------------------------------------------
republicans always forget the last part.

Last edited:

Oh you didn't keep your doctor, he probably died, moved or retired. But I'm glad you admit I was right in the OP. Or perhaps you never had a doctor.

Last edited:

Oh you didn't keep your doctor, he probably died, moved or retired.
No one has kept their plans and few have retained their doctor....after 20 years of seeing the same doctor I lost him...he decided to go with a different ins company that excluded hundreds of his long time patients...he granted me one last appointment and so I asked what was up...he said if it weren't for the ACA he would still be my doctor....so give it up Pene....your boy fucked us all....and he did it on purpose....

On NBC News’ Meet the Press Sunday morning, host David Gregory resurrected a favorite right-wing attack on the Affordable Care Act, asking House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) to defend her 2010 comment that

“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.”

Of course it's "controversial", Penelope! When you're making sweeping changes to something that affects 1/6th of our economy but nobody knows what's in your bill...OF COURSE THAT'S GOING TO CAUSE CONTROVERSY!!!

It was a ridiculous statement by Pelosi when she made it...and you just come across as clueless when you try and put it into a context where it's NOT ridiculous!

Oh you didn't keep your doctor, he probably died, moved or retired.
No one has kept their plans and few have retained their doctor....after 20 years of seeing the same doctor I lost him...he decided to go with a different ins company that excluded hundreds of his long time patients...he granted me one last appointment and so I asked what was up...he said if it weren't for the ACA he would still be my doctor....so give it up Pene....your boy fucked us all....and he did it on purpose....

He decided he didn't want to do preventative health care.Believe me he was no lose.

Ah yes the ACA, we had the only president in history to require citizens to purchase a product from a third party. Imagine another president telling everyone you must purchase a tablet no personal computers allowed, you must have a tablet or pay a penalty.

The ACA forced some companies to hire part time employees instead of full time in order to avoid the mandate.

Prices for insurance policies went up. Costs to subsidize ACA took more of a national budget which meant either cutting budgets or increasing the national debt.

Ah yes the ACA, we had the only president in history to require citizens to purchase a product from a third party. Imagine another president telling everyone you must purchase a tablet no personal computers allowed, you must have a tablet or pay a penalty.

The ACA forced some companies to hire part time employees instead of full time in order to avoid the mandate.

Prices for insurance policies went up. Costs to subsidize ACA took more of a national budget which meant either cutting budgets or increasing the national debt.

You might be in for a surprise when you get to medicare age, they penalize you for not signing up for a Part D plan and did you know there is a window to get Medicare without underwriting, and you know what underwriting mean, Pre existing conditions witch will lead you to pay higher premiums.

I suspect you do not have healthcare, hence your main gripe is your don't want to have to buy it.

This whole string simply illustrates how ignorant liberals like Penelope really are!

That's a compliment coming from the likes of you. Thank you!!

It's a compliment to have it pointed out that you're probably one of the more ignorant posters on here? That you don't even know that the GOP hasn't lost the Senate? Your string is farce, Penelope! If you had any shame you'd delete it post haste!

“we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.”

Of course it's "controversial", Penelope! When you're making sweeping changes to something that affects 1/6th of our economy but nobody knows what's in your bill...OF COURSE THAT'S GOING TO CAUSE CONTROVERSY!!!

It was a ridiculous statement by Pelosi when she made it...and you just come across as clueless when you try and put it into a context where it's NOT ridiculous!

The republicans have been trying to destroy it since inception. Now answer me this, is how you cheap Republican led states do not expand Medicaid, like Texas the no 1 state in the US and the US is the no 1 country in the developed world with the highest maternal mortality. They should be ashamed of themselves but they don't give a rip. You republicans are the most inhumane creatures on the face of the earth.

He decided he didn't want to do preventative health care.Believe me he was no lose
He was losing money...it was either take this deal or retire....you don't get it...doctors are being squeezed out....there is way too much regulation to operate an office properly....Obamacare will be rewritten and the dems had their crack at it and mucked it up like they do to everything they touch.....so once again the GOP will have to fix the dems mess....

The republicans have been trying to destroy it since inception. Now answer me this, is how you cheap Republican led states do not expand Medicaid, like Texas the no 1 state in the US and the US is the no 1 country in the developed world with the highest maternal mortality. They should be ashamed of themselves but they don't give a rip. You republicans are the most inhumane creatures on the face of the earth.
The ACA was set up to fail by it's architects, Penny! You're simply too stupid to grasp that concept!

Forum List

Back