If The Republicans Are So Certain They Will Win In 2012

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
Why are they so focused and gung-ho about preventing swaths of citizens from voting next election?

I'd imagine a team that's CERTAIN of their victory would only welcome MORE people to join them...not LESS.

Am I right....?

Why are they so focused and gung-ho about preventing swaths of citizens from voting next election?

I'd imagine a team that's CERTAIN of their victory would only welcome MORE people to join them...not LESS.

Am I right....?

They only want to prevent citizens of other nations from voting.
And dead citizens.

No, you're not right.

I'd like to see far less voters. People are stupid, especially young people. I think we need potential voters to take a test in order to vote. If they think the Constitution says "provide for the general welfare", then they can't vote......

:lol:

Am I right....?

If I had a dime for every left wing MORON who claims that the GOP is trying to prevent Democrats from voting, I'd be a freaking millionaire.

i would think youd want to prevent voter fraud every election.

Why do you want people to be able to cheat?

The GOP is making stuff up...they are just trying to make it harder for regular US citizens to vote, they just so happen to be the ones that are in Democratic districts.

Funny that.

Marc, I don't think anyone is trying to prevent citizens from voting ONCE. Maybe the second and third time is out of the question, though.

I am a supporter of a voter registration card and no one would ever convince me of the opposite. We need a card to take out a book from a library but not to take advantage of our right to vote and make sure there is no fraud. Does that make sense?

The GOP is making stuff up...they are just trying to make it harder for regular US citizens to vote, they just so happen to be the ones that are in Democratic districts.

Funny that.

Yeah, funny how all the fraud happens in Democratic districts... Wonder why that is.

I won't even pretend to know how men and women in the service vote, but I do find it odd that the mail in ballots have been sent to them too late more than once so they couldn't be counted in an election.

Like the election officials were surprised an election was coming up?

Marc, I don't think anyone is trying to prevent citizens from voting ONCE. Maybe the second and third time is out of the question, though.

I am a supporter of a voter registration card and no one would ever convince me of the opposite. We need a card to take out a book from a library but not to take advantage of our right to vote and make sure there is no fraud. Does that make sense?

Sounds good on paper, however, the truth is for a large swath of our citizens, namely the poor, the elderly, the minorities, usually a combo of all three don't have access to many of "the basics" that people like you and I take fore granted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGRFzzgqhU]Voter Suppression: Republican Governors Set New Standards in Overreaching (Part 2) - YouTube[/ame]

Observe the voter suppression tactics being conducted in, guess where, Wisconsin, of all places:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0G01zbHGM8]Voter ID at the DMV - YouTube[/ame]

You know, the SAME place where RW politicians KNOW they are in BIG TROUBLE with the voters.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....!!!

Funny that.

Could you explain that more?

Watch the video I posted.

Thank you for posting that. I watched it and saw what points you and RM were making. Since I was a teacher, I wonder how all of those children got into school. They needed birth certificates to enter school. Along with Dr. reports and other papers, and shots yet!

I guess it can be done when it is something important. Most everyone knows where they were born. Just go and get their copy of live birth, fee waived if on wefare. And it is a good idea to have voter registratikons near grocery stores where people would not be put out.

The bottom line is, this is a one time thing. You get the card once, just like a drivers exam, social security card, starting school careers and people will know the process. They will come to expect it and the promise of making our elections more transparent is certainly worth the effort from all of us.

Could you explain that more?

Watch the video I posted.

Thank you for posting that. I watched it and saw what points you and RM were making. Since I was a teacher, I wonder how all of those children got into school. They needed birth certificates to enter school. Along with Dr. reports and other papers, and shots yet!

I guess it can be done when it is something important. Most everyone knows where they were born. Just go and get their copy of live birth, fee waived if on wefare. And it is a good idea to have voter registratikons near grocery stores where people would not be put out.

The bottom line is, this is a one time thing. You get the card once, just like a drivers exam, social security card, starting school careers and people will know the process. They will come to expect it and the promise of making our elections more transparent is certainly worth the effort from all of us.

The DMV video is even better, check that one out too if you will.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPsl_TuFdes&feature=related]Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube[/ame]

Observe the voter suppression tactics being conducted in, guess where, Wisconsin, of all places:

Voter ID at the DMV - YouTube

You know, the SAME place where RW politicians KNOW they are in BIG TROUBLE with the voters.

Things that make you go hmmmm.....!!!

We certainly disagree on that statement. I just read how the Governor has made great strides in turning the state around without laying of teachers, firemen and the state and schoolz will be working on budget surpluses in 2012 and 2013.

Lol, those buses of Teamsters they used in Wisconsin can take the people who don't have rides to the Office of Records for their birth certificates. (sorry, couldn't help myself.)

Sounds good on paper, however, the truth is for a large swath of our citizens, namely the poor, the elderly, the minorities, usually a combo of all three don't have access to many of "the basics" that people like you and I take fore granted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jGRFzzgqhU]Voter Suppression: Republican Governors Set New Standards in Overreaching (Part 2) - YouTube[/ame]

More states need to adopt the same law, providing your birth certificate is easy unless your name is Obama...

Forum List

Back