If the police had simply retreated into the capitol, closed and barricaded the doors and waited for backup instead of opening the doors.

Trumpsters have now arrived at the stage of rationalizing.
I believe sometimes referred to as bargaining.

#LOLGOP #TooFunny #CLASSIC

Why didn't the police stall as long as they could while calling for backup, then retreat into the capitol, close the doors, and hunker down instead of opening the barricades and doors to the capitol? Who gave the order to open the doors? It makes no sense.
Backup wasn't coming. Requests were denied by Trump flunkies..

Sure..A couple of dozen Capitol police spread out all the grounds are gonna hold off a few thousand rioters.
Jeez, the stupid has gotten strong over the last week. Desperation breeds desperation.

That is why the Capitol Police chief resigned. There was no worst case scenario plan. There was every intent to make sure the "optics" of the event were pleasing rather than common sense security measures given the potential for violence. I am not rationalizing the crowd behavior which was abhorrent. I am not rationalizing Trump's speeches which were over the top. The reason the violence and break in happened was the leadership failure of the Mayor and the Capitol Police.

Why didn't the police stall as long as they could while calling for backup, then retreat into the capitol, close the doors, and hunker down instead of opening the barricades and doors to the capitol? Who gave the order to open the doors? It makes no sense.
Backup wasn't coming. Requests were denied by Trump flunkies..

Link?

Forum List

Back